Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

(VIDEO) Turbo Integra Vs. 575whp HP61 Skittle

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dochall22
Still wouldnt help you get rid of me though, sorry pal!
If you aren't going to answer my challenge.... I'm done with you!!! UNIT please get this troll out of here!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I wish there was an IQ requirement for this site... half the dumbass members would be gone
And I'm sure the majority of us could care less if a stock mustang guy found another place to troll. If the comment was meant for me, maybe you wouldn't mind coming into the internal and advanced sections with me, and spec some cams out, or help troubleshoot someone's problems trying to find more power, or do some headflow comparisons. Or you could just be another bench racer and hang out in the kill story section.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
And I'm sure the majority of us could care less if a stock mustang guy found another place to troll. If the comment was meant for me, maybe you wouldn't mind coming into the internal and advanced sections with me, and spec some cams out, or help troubleshoot someone's problems trying to find more power, or do some headflow comparisons. Or you could just be another bench racer and hang out in the kill story section.
With the idiots abounding in this thread, I'm not sure where you came under the impression that I was talking to you...

Edit: BUT it has been shown more than once just how fast the OP's car is, regardless of how fast it looked like he was going in the video.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its been a looong time since I've bothered to even look in this particular part of the site, and now I remember why. I will however add that after seeing numerous vids of the OP's I will say that his car is pretty damn fast. The vid he posted wasn't that great, but until some of you others get out and make better ones I would probably drop it. Five pages of sh** slinging makes for a great kill section.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Banned

With the idiots abounding in this thread, I'm not sure where you came under the impression that I was talking to you...

Edit: BUT it has been shown more than once just how fast the OP's car is, regardless of how fast it looked like he was going in the video.
I didn't read the whole thing, I couldn't take it. But I take everything personally though posted right after me. If it wasn't directed at me then fine. I hardly ever look in here, so I have no clue what the cars in the video can do. Besides, fast FWD car roll races are hardly exciting to me. Where's the dig races?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Well I doubt they stop traffic on a major freeway in Las Vegas in the middle of the day . But a 70-170mph race is just as much a race as 0-100mph, and I think it better shows what the faster CAR is, not just the faster driver.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Well I doubt they stop traffic on a major freeway in Las Vegas in the middle of the day . But a 70-170mph race is just as much a race as 0-100mph, and I think it better shows what the faster CAR is, not just the faster driver.
agreed, I love when clowns with high stall automatics and sticky tires come on here spouting off how dig races are the only true races because thats where the "skill" is -tell me what skill is involved in launching one of these cars? hmm lets see, apply brake, apply gas, release brake...wow.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GSR hunter good race, but you need a slower chase car next time. Obviously from the sound of the Vettes engine he was in it the whole time.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Teching In

i dont agree the only real race is a dig race, but in my opinion the skill comes when you install and tune everything yourself. when you make the best of the car you have. when you get the timing down on your launch just right.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by earl3
agreed, I love when clowns with high stall automatics and sticky tires come on here spouting off how dig races are the only true races because thats where the "skill" is -tell me what skill is involved in launching one of these cars? hmm lets see, apply brake, apply gas, release brake...wow.
And I like it when someone blows their wad on a "bad ***" engine, but neglects the entire other half of racing, ie: suspension, suspension tuning, and traction, and pawns it off as not skilled. There is most certainly a lot of work that goes into getting a car to launch and drive straight, and not all cars that run from a dig are high stall autos. The theory of apply brake, apply gas, release brake only works for cars in the power range you are used to driving, not for fast cars.

Nothing wrong with stopping traffic for a race. And if you think the 1/4's we run on the street are only to 100, you are about 40mph off.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=15027045
Old 12-24-2007, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fast cars.
would have helped if the camera in the chase car could have given a glimpse at the speedometer.

some guys on here won't understand how fast imports can get until they're beaten by a turbo gutted civic (..not that i would know what that feels like) or see something like this
Old 12-24-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
If you aren't going to answer my challenge.... I'm done with you!!! UNIT please get this troll out of here!!!!
Dropping the kentucky line huh? Only way I'm heading that way is after I win I'm coming back with YOUR CAR
Old 12-24-2007, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HaHa - run elevens can barely make it to 100mph in a 1/4 so he wouldnt know!!!

so whats the point of the roll race? can't they launch their car? i think a race from 0-170 would show the fastest car just as well if not better than then 70-170. Are you looking for the car with the fastest top speed or are you looking for a car with the fastest acceleration? if it's top speed only then why even mess with anything other than the motor?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok a few things, do you honestly think you can get enough tire on a Skittle or GSR both FWD mind you to get the cars to hook up off the line? Then you add in the turbocharged powerband, and racing from a dig ends up being who can spin the tires the least, but still an absolute mess for both cars.

And I don't race from a dig ever and I have a stalled automatic. A few reasons #1 where I am from even the back roads are bound to have a cop on them and they are really cracking down on street racing. Plus my car is so loud that I am bound to go to jail!

#2 I don't set out usually to meet up with people and race, so every so often I get some cocky NSX or M3 that won't leave me alone on the freeway and I put bus lengths on them. Also why should anyone judge high hp cars like these obviously on street tires?

We should have a standing rule unless your car has at least high 300's to the tire you can't comment in the dig vs roll racing threads.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys remind me of some of the guys on the Mustang Forums. Have a bolt on Mach 1 with 300 RWHP and 4.56 gears and a full MMR drag race suspension talking about guys who race from a roll.

Bottom line is I didn't buy a Vette to race off the line and you guys with drag cars didn't buy 90/10 front tires and slicks and skinnies for road racing.

Race where you car does good at, you built or bought your car you know its strengths so what is wrong with that?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by germeezy1
You guys remind me of some of the guys on the Mustang Forums. Have a bolt on Mach 1 with 300 RWHP and 4.56 gears and a full MMR drag race suspension talking about guys who race from a roll.

Bottom line is I didn't buy a Vette to race off the line and you guys with drag cars didn't buy 90/10 front tires and slicks and skinnies for road racing.

Race where you car does good at, you built or bought your car you know its strengths so what is wrong with that?
problem is people always want the advantage to their car so theres less chance of being beat.

People in general now a days seem to be too cocky and have to talk **** to make them selves feel better.

I for one prefer roll racing specifically cause its no fun just spinning off the line.

I dont mind running from a dig myself but its nice to have both roll and dig races in so you can get a glimpse of what both scenarios are about. That way theres no one bullshitting making excuses, and both cars have the benifits and detriments of each situation.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree, I will and have raced from a dig before. But I prefer racing from a roll, because its less hazardous and my car likes it better.

And no matter what I always keep in mind there are cars out there, that would blow my car clean the hell off the road. No need to be cocky or think you can't be beat because that little Honda Civic you run into maybe running a B18C5 and 30 psi!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And by the way awesome #'s I am glad to hear from someone with big power!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Dyno's don't go down the racetrack.

Oops...I don't make "high 300s", so I can't comment.

Sorry.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Dyno's don't go down the racetrack.

Oops...I don't make "high 300s", so I can't comment.

Sorry.
Long time no see you grumpy old man!

Got anything going lately?