Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolton Ls1 V. turbo gsr Honda

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical rustang owner trying to start a pissing contest. jfwy

I wasnt upset, just trying to debunk the myth that he may have lost bc of traction issues. The way I see it, it shouldn't matter either way considering traction is a variable is drag racing as much as hp/gearing/driving ect.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, I never meant to imply that him spinning caused him to lose. It's all good
Old 01-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
He lost so he had to have been spinning.
It's not an excuse, it's just a fact.

of course he was spinning. Its a honda, we all know how much torque they make.
Last time I was on the dyno with the Civic I put down ~200wtq, and I spin to 60 religiously. This is with full suspension, DRs, and a traction bar. It's not hard to spin the tires that have no weight over them.

The turbo is a t3/t4e, he has DR's with an ctr lsd.

I don't know why you honda guys are upset, I didn't bash any hondas......he just lost bc his car is slower. DEAL WITH IT.

For those of you honda defenders who think he would pull me on the top end, think again; we ran all the way up to 130 last night and it wasnt even close.

Also my car is a stripper, so im only 3200 lbs and with mods in sig ran 12.90's @110 in a 3850 DA. The DA when we ran was -1500 fyi, although I sure that helped him too.

When he ups the boost I will spray him, and that will be that.

Thanks for reading.
Sounds like a pretty average setup, 10psi on that car should be like 250whp or so, if it's tuned well that is, the car probably traps in the 102-105 range which would make it a tad slower. I could see him making high 300s with that turbo at the most, maybe just break 400 on pump gas. If you run him at the track with slicks you're going to want to be able to bring a mid 11sec pass to insure an easy win, low 12s maybe until he can get a handle on getting out of the hole. This is of course with him on slicks... otherwise cutting 12.5s should walk him all day lol.

Good kill though, that car isn't necessarily a walk in the park to beat. I'm not discrediting your win in any way, I am just bringing the info that I know to the table.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah. I'm thinking he is probably a mid 13 second car as he sits, and probably trapping in the 107/8 range; judging by how he did against me.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill on the spinning and not winning Honda. Nice kill, nicer driveway!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
Typical rustang owner trying to start a pissing contest. jfwy

I wasnt upset, just trying to debunk the myth that he may have lost bc of traction issues. The way I see it, it shouldn't matter either way considering traction is a variable is drag racing as much as hp/gearing/driving ect.
Hear Hear.

I am so sick of people talking as if 3rd and 4th gear acceleration is the determining factor in a race. If a car cant get traction, its not faster. Last I checked a car involved things like suspension, tires, bushings, shocks, gears, chassis etc. Not just an engine and weight figure.

Good kill.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SovXietday
It's not an excuse, it's just a fact.

Last time I was on the dyno with the Civic I put down ~200wtq, and I spin to 60 religiously. This is with full suspension, DRs, and a traction bar. It's not hard to spin the tires that have no weight over them.

Sounds like a pretty average setup, 10psi on that car should be like 250whp or so, if it's tuned well that is, the car probably traps in the 102-105 range which would make it a tad slower. I could see him making high 300s with that turbo at the most, maybe just break 400 on pump gas. If you run him at the track with slicks you're going to want to be able to bring a mid 11sec pass to insure an easy win, low 12s maybe until he can get a handle on getting out of the hole. This is of course with him on slicks... otherwise cutting 12.5s should walk him all day lol.

Good kill though, that car isn't necessarily a walk in the park to beat. I'm not discrediting your win in any way, I am just bringing the info that I know to the table.
Thats because when you take off you transfer weight to the wrong end of the car Try it in reverse next time LoL JFWY
Old 01-09-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can setup a fwd car to minimize weight xfer, but you are correct sir.