Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*UPDATE* on Police Intimidation Thread: The Response

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think dumbasses who plays their music way too loud should get more tickets. why does everyone else have to listen to your music?

and you said the cop's gun was right next to his badge. if he had to lift up his shirt/jacket to show you his badge, it seems logical that this would also expose his gun inadvertently.

and i'm going to call bullshit on the letter. unless the police chief likes to hang his dept.'s *** in the breeze like that. that letter with his signature can be used to jack him up on tons of other complaints, lawsuits, exposes, etc...past, present and future. i would think he'd have the foresight to avoid this especially in an information age such as this....and just give you an impromptu phone call stating the same.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1+ on the good win, now if more people would stand up for themselfs like u then these "bad" cops would not so easly walk all over innocent people. and as far as the music so what, the off duty cop should not care as alan&tony has previous posted,ive had run ins with the police some good some bad but u best belive ive had a day in court for the bad ones, there is way to much unessary harrasment by a certin group of cops(i think its call little mans syndrome)
and do not take me wrong im not bashin cops, its just that their is not enough of the good ones to take up the slack of the bad ones and well if there was then i would not have drive by and drug deals in the front of my house at midnight(yeah i live in the getto my poor car) but instead i get harrased stupid crap like ummm driving while being white
and to all the guys that are saying he should get more tickets for loud music i could not more compelty disargee the police have much better things to do than give tickets out for loud music

(and yes i am also studing cj and lookin to become one of the proud members of lapd)
Old 01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
1+ on the good win, now if more people would stand up for themselfs like u then these "bad" cops would not so easly walk all over innocent people.
he was telling the kid to turn down his music and that he was a cop and with the authority to do so.

and as far as the music so what, the off duty cop should not care as alan&tony has previous posted,
why not? off duty cops still have the authority to enforce the law. this cop is working for free by enforcing the law. idiots with loud stereos are lonely people who needs attention. 99.99% of the people that are being subjected to his loud music are not enjoying it. the rare chance that this idiot runs into another idiot of the .01% percentage who just happens to be there at the same time and who also shares his same taste in music and at such high decibel is pretty damn rare.

its just that their is not enough of the good ones to take up the slack of the bad ones and well if there was then i would not have drive by and drug deals in the front of my house at midnight(yeah i live in the getto my poor car) but instead i get harrased stupid crap like ummm driving while being white
notice how you complain about your neighborhood being full of dangerous crimes yet you complain about cops pulling you over for small infrations. here's a clue.....that's one of the more effective methods for cops to deter crimes and catch more criminals....by making traffic violation stops and equipment stops....to see if they can find anything else. real life is not a ******* movie. uniform cops are not detectives. they patrol and answer calls. they are not James Bond and ****.

look at the show Cops, in it's 20th season at least. for footage to make that 22 minute show, there's thousands upon thousands of hours of taping that gets dumped because it wasn't interesting enough. and what's on there? just traffic stops that sometimes evolves into something more serious....but still far and few.

and if you live in a shitty neighborhood, don't expect cops to be all polite and holding your hand. obviously they need to step up their level assertiveness as they deal with more scumbags daily vs. a cop in a nice neighborhood (who have the luxury of not worrying about getting shot too often from a simple traffic stop).

and to all the guys that are saying he should get more tickets for loud music i could not more compelty disargee the police have much better things to do than give tickets out for loud music
this helps establish police presence. and once again, you complain about living in a shitty neighborhood full of crimes....ever wonder why your neighborhood is so shitty? not just because of loud music....but why is it that it's usually the dumbfucks with no college education are the ones usually playing their music the loudest and in the poorer neighborhoods? who the hell likes loud music blasting down their street late at night, etc? property values drop. good people moving out. then more low class people move in. not just due to loud music, but it's a contributing factor.

Last edited by 98Bird; 01-28-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

also, real government agency letterhead USUALLY have a code at the very bottom to make it easier to re-order, file, expenditure tracking, etc... big corporations uses the same technique also.

so on this letter being authentic.

Last edited by 98Bird; 01-28-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Okay 98 bird........Somehow we have struck a nerve.

Point 1. Loud music IS retarded when not taken into account others rights around you and can be offensive. I agree.

Point 2. Off duty officers can enforce the law on their downtime. Don't agree so much. In cases of life and death or dire circumstances, sure police should help. But for trivial things like a stereo? Do you want me coming to your house to let you know that I received a letter from the RIAA informing my company that your ip address has been documented hosting illegal music and movies and I have to shut your internet down to protect my companies' (isp) interests? How bout I do it on my own time, say 10 pm, and DON'T wear a uniform. There is a time and a place for everything. But an un-uniformed officer should be EXTREMELY careful when enforcing the law. He/She should be especially careful when exposing their weapon EVEN if there is a badge near it. What if someone DIDN'T see the badge and thought he was going to rob the place? I know several people that panic easily and could have sped off in a hurry or called the police.

And don't act like you know anything about police harassment because I can assure you (as a victim) it's not fair, difficult to do anything about, and a huge abuse of authority. Having a father who was on the wrong side of the law many times made my life extremely difficult. It wasn't until I moved away that I stopped getting pulled over for "too fast for conditions" while I was being passed by other cars or just to check my license. Oh yeah BTW I am college educated.

Don't think harassment from the police doesn't exist because I can vouch from experience it does.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98Bird
also, real government agency letterhead USUALLY have a code at the very bottom to make it easier to re-order, file, expenditure tracking, etc... big corporations uses the same technique also.

so on this letter being authentic.
Probably don't when coming from my hometown.

http://www.smokymountainsentinel.com..._Page/001.html

Last edited by Lickeyman; 01-28-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: bad link
Old 01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Teching In

98 Bird, your gay...watch the news, it was on it...o ive received a ticket from an off duty cop from driving a round in a SLOW circle not spinning or nething and i got my first ticket for wreckless driving, and i used to get pulled over at least 3 times a week, so yes harassment does and is happening...it wont b long till they find out what i drive now and get pulled over all the time
Old 01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

As the cop who always seems to reply to these threads...I'll throw out some more of my opinions...I don't think anyone here would argue about loud music being annoying...BUT this is yet another situation where, imho, the cop could've handled it much better...If the cop felt the need to act off duty about the noise AND would've just walked over to the OP and said, "Hey I'm a cop and your radio is kind of loud, could you please turn it down?"...I'm guessing that this thread would never have happened...

Its yet another area where we as police get into trouble...There are many ways to handle this situation and it would appear that the cop chose the "Barney Badass" approach, which never ends in a good way...

I still can't believe that any cop would care enough to involve himself in a self initiated noise complaint while off duty...I guess there ain't much to do where the OP lives...The only way I'd EVER think about saying something is if I was with my children and the loud radio contained tons of profanity, but even then, I'd probably jot down the tag and pay a visit later when I wasn't with my family...

--Alan
Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ABA383
As the cop who always seems to reply to these threads...I'll throw out some more of my opinions...I don't think anyone here would argue about loud music being annoying...BUT this is yet another situation where, imho, the cop could've handled it much better...If the cop felt the need to act off duty about the noise AND would've just walked over to the OP and said, "Hey I'm a cop and your radio is kind of loud, could you please turn it down?"...I'm guessing that this thread would never have happened...

Its yet another area where we as police get into trouble...There are many ways to handle this situation and it would appear that the cop chose the "Barney Badass" approach, which never ends in a good way...

I still can't believe that any cop would care enough to involve himself in a self initiated noise complaint while off duty...I guess there ain't much to do where the OP lives...The only way I'd EVER think about saying something is if I was with my children and the loud radio contained tons of profanity, but even then, I'd probably jot down the tag and pay a visit later when I wasn't with my family...

--Alan
Dude you should move to where I lived and my brothers still do. My sentiment exactly.....There should be more like you.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Teching In

yeah that would be alot nicer if we had cops like you...
Old 01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
Point 2. Off duty officers can enforce the law on their downtime. Don't agree so much. In cases of life and death or dire circumstances, sure police should help. But for trivial things like a stereo? Do you want me coming to your house to let you know that I received a letter from the RIAA informing my company that your ip address has been documented hosting illegal music and movies and I have to shut your internet down to protect my companies' (isp) interests?
1. the cop was right there already in the parking lot when the kid pulled in with the loud music. the cop is not standing in front of my house and then all of the sudden gets a telegram or some **** from the RIAA.

2. are you a LEO? are you in the same jurisdiction as my house? if yes to all and you want to do so, then knock yourself out.

How bout I do it on my own time, say 10 pm, and DON'T wear a uniform.
the cop was already on the scene. are you at my house right now?

I know several people that panic easily and could have sped off in a hurry or called the police.
then when the other cops gets there, the off-duty cop would just identify himself.

And don't act like you know anything about police harassment because I can assure you (as a victim) it's not fair, difficult to do anything about, and a huge abuse of authority.
shut it. i go by common sense. cops are nice to me even when i get caught streetracing, speeding, reckless driving, spinning tires, etc...all in loudass cars that are emission illegal, dark tint, etc....why? because i'm polite and know that i've done something wrong. i usually get a break almost every time. either completely let go w/o a ticket or a break on something else that was chargeable.

i've been stopped for no damn reason before also because i fit the profile of someone who did something wrong. and i'm an ethnic minority. but i don't take it personal and i've never cried harassment within the past 22 years of driving.... because i have common sense.

Having a father who was on the wrong side of the law many times made my life extremely difficult. It wasn't until I moved away that I stopped getting pulled over for "too fast for conditions" while I was being passed by other cars or just to check my license.
here's where common sense works out real well once again. obviously a cop can only pull over one person at a time. this dumbass argument of being passed by other drivers is retarded. and you admit that your father was a criminal. they're probably checking on you too. makes sense. get some advice from Mr. Wolfe in Pulp Fiction on how you live and breathe if you're going to be around criminals all the time.

Oh yeah BTW I am college educated.
good for you. how's that major in medieval history and minor in flower arrangement working out for you?

Don't think harassment from the police doesn't exist because I can vouch from experience it does.
i never said it doesn't exist. you're making **** up as to what i'd said.

Last edited by 98Bird; 01-28-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lickey7
98 Bird, your gay...watch the news, it was on it...o ive received a ticket from an off duty cop from driving a round in a SLOW circle not spinning or nething and i got my first ticket for wreckless driving, and i used to get pulled over at least 3 times a week, so yes harassment does and is happening...it wont b long till they find out what i drive now and get pulled over all the time
an education goes a long way.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Probably don't when coming from my hometown.

http://www.smokymountainsentinel.com..._Page/001.html
show me a blank letterhead from your town's police dept. proving that no coding at the bottom exists then.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

probably because the cop was off duty and just wanted to go on his own way. thumbs down and flash of the badge is much faster. he just didn't know that he was going to run into this drama queen that day.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Dude you should move to where I lived and my brothers still do. My sentiment exactly.....There should be more like you.
Thanks...All I can add about enforcing stuff off duty is that you better have a good reason to act especially when you probably don't have all of your equipment, ie; radio, body armor, extra mags, OC spray, Taser, hell, even a gun, anything else you carry while working...Plus, on a practical somewhat selfish side, if I'm not getting paid, I'm not sticking my neck out off duty unless its a serious situation...I can't imagine going to my LT the next day and ask for call back OT pay for 15 minutes for a self initiated noise violation, unless the "noise" was gunfire...

This job gives us tons of responsibility and with that, lots of discretion...I use "the totality of the circumstances" rule while off duty...and its worked for me for 14 years...

--Alan
Old 01-28-2008, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

probably because the cop was off duty and just wanted to go on his own way. thumbs down and flash of the badge is much faster. he just didn't know that he was going to run into this drama queen that day.
Yeah, but his own way is not a good choice, imho...If I was the OP,and still a cop, too, and I got a gun/badge flash about a loud radio, I'd be in his *** so fast his head would spin...Showing me your gun is a good way to get mine in your face...Which has happened when folks, even police, see the gun, but not the badge...With the wrong person the whole thing could've ended pretty tragically...

--Alan
Old 01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=98Bird;8585825]1. the cop was right there already in the parking lot when the kid pulled in with the loud music. the cop is not standing in front of my house and then all of the sudden gets a telegram or some **** from the RIAA.

2. are you a LEO? are you in the same jurisdiction as my house? if yes to all and you want to do so, then knock yourself out.

the cop was already on the scene. are you at my house right now?

then when the other cops gets there, the off-duty cop would just identify himself.

shut it. i go by common sense. cops are nice to me even when i get caught streetracing, speeding, reckless driving, spinning tires, etc...all in loudass cars that are emission illegal, dark tint, etc....why? because i'm polite and know that i've done something wrong. i usually get a break almost every time. either completely let go w/o a ticket or a break on something else that was chargeable.

i've been stopped for no damn reason before also because i fit the profile of someone who did something wrong. and i'm a minority. but i don't take it personal and i don't cry harassment and **** because i have common sense.

Having a father who was on the wrong side of the law many times made my life extremely difficult. It wasn't until I moved away that I stopped getting pulled over for "too fast for conditions" while I was being passed by other cars or just to check my license.

here's where common sense works out real well once again. obviously a cop can only pull over one person at a time. this dumbass argument of being passed by other drivers is retarded. and you admit that your father was a criminal. they're probably checking on you too. makes sense. get some advice from Mr. Wolfe in Pulp Fiction on how you live and breath if you're going to be around criminals all the time.

good for you. how's that major in medieval history and minor in flower arrangement working out for you?

i never said it doesn't exist. you're making **** up as to what i'd said.
Actually Business Administration and i have more network/software certs than I care to mention.

Yeah real good idea there to instill in the youth of screw ups. Your parent/s are screw ups so YOU are a screw up. I hope your not a teacher or anyone involved with the youth. If it were up to me I wouldn't let you coach a football team even.

I was actually going under the speed limit (car was acting up it had a tranny prob and I was trying to see what made the torque converter act up and it was at low speeds when it locked ie 50 or so) when I was pulled over for too fast for conditions in that instance. There WERE cars passing me and exceeding the posted speed limit. Again I was being singled out for who my father was and not how I am. I was driving a 91 pontiac grand prix 4dr btw and we all KNOW how those fit the profile for the tire smokin, speeding, reckless youth (actually more like retired old lady)......I was pulled over for one reason and one reason only, my dad. I'd say I got pulled over like every 3 months for stupid stuff and never got a single ticket. That whole "checking up" on me has instilled a contempt for police that will be very hard to shake.

Not to mention having some of the very officers that harassed me being involved in a driveby shooting. And there is alot more that just that shooting going on.

i think dumbasses who plays their music way too loud should get more tickets. why does everyone else have to listen to your music?
Somebody have a problem with the dumbasses killing his home values?

You have shown your opinion of fellow man with your attitude. No kid deserves unfair treatment. Not a single solitary one of them.

Last edited by Lickeyman; 01-28-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, but his own way is not a good choice, imho...If I was the OP,and still a cop, too, and I got a gun/badge flash about a loud radio, I'd be in his *** so fast his head would spin...Showing me your gun is a good way to get mine in your face...Which has happened when folks, even police, see the gun, but not the badge...With the wrong person the whole thing could've ended pretty tragically...

--Alan
he was flashing his badge. the gun was right next to the badge that's why it was visible. try to understand this part.

if you asked a cop to show you his badge, and he does so by pulling up his shirt to expose his badge ....while also exposing his gun, why the hell would any normal person need to escalate the situation by drawing his own gun on the cop. your scenario makes no sense unless you live in retardoville.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Lickeyman;8586013]
Actually Business Administration and i have more network/software certs than I care to mention.
yea and you can't even use the QUOTE function properly.

Yeah real good idea there to instill in the youth of screw ups. Your parent/s are screw ups so YOU are a screw up. I hope your not a teacher or anyone involved with the youth. If it were up to me I wouldn't let you coach a football team even.
and of course like every other perfect citizens such as yourself, you've never been stopped because you deserved it right?

I was actually going under the speed limit (car was acting up it had a tranny prob and I was trying to see what made the torque converter act up and it was at low speeds when it locked ie 50 or so) when I was pulled over for too fast for conditions in that instance. There WERE cars passing me and exceeding the posted speed limit. Again I was being singled out for who my father was and not how I am. I was driving a 91 pontiac grand prix 4dr btw and we all KNOW how those fit the profile for the tire smokin, speeding, reckless youth (actually more like retired old lady)......I was pulled over for one reason and one reason only, my dad. I'd say I got pulled over like every 3 months for stupid stuff and never got a single ticket. That whole "checking up" on me has instilled a contempt for police that will be very hard to shake.
that's sad, but tell it to Oprah. if it were me....and after about the 5th time, i'd go down to the police station and just have a conversation with them to see if there's any other way to go about this situation.

Somebody have a problem with the youth killing his home values?
no, my neighborhood is way too expensive for dopes like you.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

he was flashing his badge. the gun was right next to the badge that's why it was visible. try to understand this part.

if you asked a cop to show you his badge, and he does so by pulling up his shirt to expose his badge ....while also exposing his gun, why the hell would any normal person need to escalate the situation by drawing his own gun on the cop. your scenario makes no sense unless you live in retardoville.
Geez I hope your never an officer or even security guard.

I mean WOW!!!!

Are you sure you don't live in Retardoville because the last time I checked your not using YOUR OWN DAMN ADVICE.......................... ******* COMMON SENSE YOU INSENSITIVE RETARDED ******* BASTARD. COMMON SENSE SAYS IF I FLASH MY GUN AT SOMEONE MOST OF THE TIME NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. BUT IN YOUR OWN WORDS "why the hell would any normal person need to escalate the situation by drawing his own gun on the cop." WHAT IF THE GUY ISN'T NORMAL AND A DERANGED PERSON AND SHOOTS HIM.

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE RETARD.