Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 C5 coupe vs. 300Z TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Thats because you had an AUTOMATIC. 7.0s 0-60???? Not quite. More like 5.0-5.8 for the sticks. I owned a 90 TT with boltons for 4 years. Stock, they are comparable to an LT1 F-body.
When I had my 300zx TT I raced my buddy in his WS6..it was not even close. We both had automatics and he ate me up every race.....at any speed. The 0-60 in the AUTO 300zx TT is actually 7 seconds...I know..pathetic. Its those damn turbos that you have to wait on that kills it off the line. There much better once the turbos kick in.
I went from the 300zx tt to a 1995 Camaro Z28 because it was so much faster "feeling."
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned

went from the 300zx tt to a 1995 Camaro Z28 because it was so much faster "feeling."
Definetly feels faster with the powerband, although it wouldn't be in real life

well he ran it a week after he bought it...only has 80K on it but the guy he bought it from didnt take care of it too well.
So based off of your friend who doesn't know how to drive his car that is in poor shape you are going to call them heavy and doggy? FWIW they weigh about the same as a Fbody.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain
Definetly feels faster with the powerband, although it wouldn't be in real life

So based off of your friend who doesn't know how to drive his car that is in poor shape you are going to call them heavy and doggy? FWIW they weigh about the same as a Fbody.
yah...they do weigh as much as a F-body...but stock for stock, in the same condition i have never seen a 300zx TT run times that a stock F-body has...I have never seen a stock 300zx TT get out of the 14's....not saying that it cant happen, i just have never seen it.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 PM
***Repost Police***

And what he's saying is that you can't just go off what you've seen personally... the world is a big place
Old 01-19-2008, 03:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

those cars suck.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Super28Sport
those cars suck.
I agree ......... Ran one last summer the car had all kinds of decals on it must have added aleast 20 hp.........
Old 01-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

those cars suck.
Yes they do.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Launching!

300Zs are useless without a good owner. Very easy to screw up those cars. Very mean if done right and maintained. Pretty much any turbo car is one dipstick owner and a rotted vac line or two away from being slow as *****.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

300ZX's aren't the fastest things in the world, and they are very hard to work on (and this coming from an owner of an LT1). But they have some inherent factory problems, that if overcome, they're pretty damn good cars. Boost from the factory is low, dont remember the exact number, but its really low. But believe it or not, I have seen many 300ZX's in the BPU area run door to door with BPU Supra's.

P.S: With a good driver, a stock TT will run mid to low 14's. Auto's, high 14's to low 15's.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Stock they run 9.5 psi. Good drivers hit high 13's stock.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Hello everyone I am the owner of the 300zx. Hope you guys go easy on me since I drive an import car.

Nate nice vette thanks for the race no excuses here I am sure you could kill me pretty easy but when I was trying to catch up to you I was creeping up to you giving it a little gas. I was still around 2 cars behind when you went wot.

At that point I floored it but my gay automatic takes a while to start going. but either way I could see you were still pulling away even after.

I was hoping we could do this again on 3 honks side by side on the freeway or from a stop somewhere safe and maybe record it for fun to post it up on here.

Don't get me wrong guys I did not come to talk **** about vettes I love them My friend has a blk c5 zo6 he goes by punisher on the vette forums my neighbor also has a c5 vette and a ss camaro

as for mods here is what i have just ur average bolt ons

Performance:
12-13 psi
JWT Pop Charger
HKS Hi-power Exhaust
JWT Chip
AMZ DP's and stockcats
Greddy 10 Row Auto Transmission Cooler
Koyo Racing High Capacity Radiator
AMZ Lower Radiator pipe
PEX Overdrive water pump pulley
Nismo Oil Cooler
Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley

I was hoping to go at it again with you maybe take off my cats and put back on my test pipes the cats kinda choke up the car and rob 20 hp. I had to put on my cats to pass smog and lift it like that for a while. maybe turn the boost to 14 psi too.

What do you say Nate can we have another run for fun?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Teching In

This time I will leave the gf at home maybe she was weighing me down ahahaha
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a good run but I didnt want to drag it on for too much. You know that area is full of cops. My friend just got his camaro impounded a few weeks ago, so Ive been cautious. I know those those 300's can be pretty fast, couldnt let you spool up too much on me. Maybe next time we'll get a cleaner start. As for being weighed down, thats why I left my wife home .
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you from that area(alhambra/el sereno) hit me up on a pm. Maybe you'll catch me at a meet or something.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

good kill....
Old 01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
My buddy has a 93 TT 300zx....I raced him from a 25 roll and had about 12 cars by 115 on him...no joke. Stock, those cars are dogs....their heavy.
Uh you do have a T72 turbo....

Stock they were Low 13s...............Thats for the TT

And its easy to mistake a NA for a TT
Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mofo84
Hello everyone I am the owner of the 300zx. Hope you guys go easy on me since I drive an import car.

Nate nice vette thanks for the race no excuses here I am sure you could kill me pretty easy but when I was trying to catch up to you I was creeping up to you giving it a little gas. I was still around 2 cars behind when you went wot.

At that point I floored it but my gay automatic takes a while to start going. but either way I could see you were still pulling away even after.

I was hoping we could do this again on 3 honks side by side on the freeway or from a stop somewhere safe and maybe record it for fun to post it up on here.

Don't get me wrong guys I did not come to talk **** about vettes I love them My friend has a blk c5 zo6 he goes by punisher on the vette forums my neighbor also has a c5 vette and a ss camaro

as for mods here is what i have just ur average bolt ons

Performance:
12-13 psi
JWT Pop Charger
HKS Hi-power Exhaust
JWT Chip
AMZ DP's and stockcats
Greddy 10 Row Auto Transmission Cooler
Koyo Racing High Capacity Radiator
AMZ Lower Radiator pipe
PEX Overdrive water pump pulley
Nismo Oil Cooler
Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley

I was hoping to go at it again with you maybe take off my cats and put back on my test pipes the cats kinda choke up the car and rob 20 hp. I had to put on my cats to pass smog and lift it like that for a while. maybe turn the boost to 14 psi too.

What do you say Nate can we have another run for fun?

You say your auto takes awhile? Maybe you should start your races around 45mph and under.....

Or you could be having trans problems...

LS1 vettes do pulled hard, we raced one in my friends 96 cobra and he got us by like 4 cars
Old 01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Something
300ZX's aren't the fastest things in the world, and they are very hard to work on (and this coming from an owner of an LT1). But they have some inherent factory problems, that if overcome, they're pretty damn good cars. Boost from the factory is low, dont remember the exact number, but its really low. But believe it or not, I have seen many 300ZX's in the BPU area run door to door with BPU Supra's.

P.S: With a good driver, a stock TT will run mid to low 14's. Auto's, high 14's to low 15's.
I have a old car and driver, and the supra 3000GT and 300ZX were in the mid to low 13s with there testing..

Actally, I have the org copy next to me
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Teching In

That's sucks nate they got him for street racing? yeah that idea sounds good alot of cops around alhambra. What meets are these that are around here is it only for vette's? I live in alhambra by main street around macdonald's.

slick1851 my car sucks getting up to speed if I floor it from 20-40 it's not my tranny my friend also has the same car and is auto it does the same thing.

Hope he don't mind here is a pic of my neighbors vette you can also see the rear of the ss camaro he also has a el camino in front of the ss that you can't see because if a wall.

don't pay attention the to paint falling off my hood hehe the car is a 90 and has 245,000miles and is my only car that I have had for 5 years.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 AM

Hey sounds to me like you guys need a rematch and get it on video. I want to see this!