Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

pros and cons of mustangs and camaros

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: pros and cons of mustangs and camaros

Mustangs = "good" car to just drive...don't care about real performance (daily driver, girls, men, etc...)
Thanks for clearing that up for me...

I have a "daily driver" that my wife/girl would love to whip your *** in if you lived here. To bad though........

...but since you don't then this is meaningless.
nothing personal .....your car may be fast....(what have your done to it....whats the hp and weight of it.... .....I know your thing says "one more cube than most of you and gas".....so I'm guessing you have a 351 Widsor with Nitrous...) .......... there are a really fast mustangs out there......

looking at out of the showroom....what do you get for your money.....the mustang is more of a ride around car than the f-body..... (250HP vs. 315HP)

F-bodies = not the best daily driver but have LOTS of performance potential
- Once again, I think the F-body is a great comfort and daily driver car (Even tho I'd rather keep it as a clean weekend car and let a cheepo car get beat up in parkin lots). I'm running mid, close to low 12's and drive my car everyday.
I drive my car every day and while its EXTREAMLY fun and I can't wait to go on the next trip to the store, even when it was stock it was not as comfortable to ride in as the mustangs (I test drove both before I baught my car).....

the mustang your actually sitting up on a seat with your legs down like being in a chair......

the f-body your sitting on the floor with your legs out in front of you........

I like the "feel" of the f-body better when I'm out having fun but for DRIVING somewhere.....the mustang would be nicer....

since I was questioned on my "mustangs are good for men...."

here...I didn't write this.....the men did...:

http://channels.gay.com/living/auto/...tml?sernum=499

if you don't feel like reading it....I'll give you the first part that sums it all up.......

There's a certain charm about the Ford Mustang that makes it as suitable for gay men and women as the Mazda Miata, though the 'Stang's brand of charm is rather different. It's on the opposite end of the macho scale -- even more so in the butch Mach 1 and SVT Cobra arrays.
thats right.....the Mach 1 and Cobra only make it more fitting for men......... :p

now....I'm sure there are going to be 500 mustang guys going "WTF!!!! blah blah blah...." but hey.....don't scream at me....its the men you need to work on......

(seriously....no hard feelings....just screwing with ya... )
NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY ****
Old 07-11-2003, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey camaro kid what i meant to say was that motor trends tests are 5/10's slower. Also who cares how much money is put into a car. What matters is how fast it ends up being. Also LS1's will not be in the 9's with every mod an 11 sec stang has. Put a blower on a mustang what do you get? 400rwhp. that's right. Put a blower on an LS1 what do you get? a broken engine. or in some rare cases 420rwhp. or maybe a little more. but who cares? As for that article in the july 5.0 i dont think those guys even know what they're doing. later. and thanks southfl.02ss for siding with me on this one.
Actually, I know about as many Stangs as I do F-Bodies that have ruined their motors thanks to too much boost and no forged internals.Put a blower on a stang- 400 Rwhp. Your right. Vortec advertises 540 Rwhp for blown Ls1s, so your way wrong on that 420 rwhp comment.

Do your homework before you battle with me, son. 4.6 N/A Mustangs are slower than 5.7 LS1s. Learn it, deal with it. It's not your fault, blame Ford
Old 07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...and thanks southfl.02ss for siding with me on this one.
Your welcome, now don't get used to it.
You're way off on the blower stuff buddy.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

who cares how much money is put into a car. What matters is how fast it ends up being.
my answer to that.....

"WOW......dude your cool ....it only took you $50K to get into the 9s.....WOW....I'm glad my car ISNT yours...."

it must really suck to know that no matter how much money you spend, there will ALWAYS be an f-body faster than you that spent less.....

i wasnt way off on the blower stuff.
what i said was 420rwhp or most likely more.
EHHHHHH.....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! you said:

Put a blower on an LS1 what do you get? a broken engine. or in some rare cases 420rwhp. or maybe a little more.
OWNDER!!!!!

And i dont like you camaro KID. hahahaha. later suckers
hahahaha.....Bullet.....I don't like you.....

stop before you get even farther behind and show how little you know.......you don't know what your talking about and your just digging for some way to make your stang sound like a good deal....

"later suckers" is what you hear when you get passed by all the f-bodies that are cheaper AND faster than your Bullet.....in other words....

find another way home PIZZA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL Good one Camaro Guy

Suckers? Bullit boy looks like your the sucker!! Can't even bench race right!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

I had heard of a guy around here that did the basic mods(pulley,chip,etc.) and then started getting the infamous "tick" in the engine. He returned it to bone stock. Brought it in to the dealer. Ford flew some guys in from Detroit, looked at the car(I'm talking forensic pathology here), and denied him warranty coverage due to the fact that they could tell that the chip had been altered and the pulley had been change. Ford has been cracking down on that stuff.
Yea, some of the cars are having problems and Ford is cracking down on that stuff. Just like chevy isn't going to uphold your warranty if you blew the motor do to adding parts to do it.

But the 03 cobra is in its first yr of production, problems will happen, nothing is perfect out of the box.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:55 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

LOL Good one Camaro Guy

Suckers? Bullit boy looks like your the sucker!! Can't even bench race right!
He,he,he, sscam68, He's gonna go after your high altitude e.t.
Ooops! Sorry BULLITT, you're going to have to find another comeback, or, actually find out why a car goes slower up in the mountains and plateau's. sscam68, try one of BULLITT's magical mustang blowers to help with the thin air!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

try one of BULLITT's magical mustang blowers to help with the thin air!
now....with this special TV offer.....for only $19.95.....you to can have the power of a mustang...... (instructions on how to leave 2 plug wires off)
Old 07-11-2003, 06:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Ohhhh! man. This can go on for ever... we should behave.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Ohhhh! man. This can go on for ever... we should behave.
Poor guy, doesn't know any better. To bad he just doesn't swallow his pride.

I was going to edit my post:

"Sucker? Your the one with the mustang"
Old 07-11-2003, 06:48 PM
TECH Veteran

I was going to edit my post:

"Sucker? Your the one with the mustang"

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

nice one man.....
Old 07-11-2003, 07:33 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Yeah some stangs wish they could get 14.3's like this camss guy Wow he's quick.
Well, he did it anyways. Man, this guy is dense.
I'm not sure you know what you just did BULLITT. Anyways, I's gots to GOOoooo..... It's been fun. Oh, and my feelings are soooo hurt BULLITT doesn't like me....

Moderator, please lock down this thread. It's hit rock bottom (blame me for part of that ).
Old 07-11-2003, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

My car is a bad *** car that didn't take alot of money to get into the high twelve's. And when i ran the high twelve i only had 4.10 gear, longtubes, o/r x,catback, pulleys, chip, and nitto drag radials.
ONLY had 4.10s, longtubes, nittos, etc....

dude....your car isn't bad ***.....its just ***......

f-bodies are running high 12s with very little mods (much less that you have).....

face reality....you just don't have CIs.....unless you bore/stroke that thing, you will never be as fast as an f-body with the exact same mods.....

OPEN YOUR EYES ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

ONLY had 4.10s, longtubes, nittos, etc....

dude....your car isn't bad ***.....its just ***......

f-bodies are running high 12s with very little mods (much less that you have).....
LS1s can run 12s with intake and exhaust, waht the hell is this Bullitt guy talking about? I agree, this thread is done. I think we've proved that Bullitt Mustangs are WORTHLESS.

Alright lemme go all out since the thread's gonna be locked down soon.

Your car is a piece of ****. LS1s in your rearview mirror? Stock, maybe. I wouldn't doubt that an LS1 with a Flowdisaster catback could smoke your puny 4.6 under that propped hood.

Good luck with making that Bullitt fast, your gonna need a LOT of money. Peaaaaace!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey 2001 camaro guy, i dont like you. or you southfl.02ss, or this slow *** sscam68. Also seriously it doesn't matter how much money someone puts into their car just as long there's an LS1 in my rear view mirror. hahaha. Yeah some stangs wish they could get 14.3's like this camss guy Wow he's quick. My car is a bad *** car that didn't take alot of money to get into the high twelve's. And when i ran the high twelve i only had 4.10 gear, longtubes, o/r x,catback, pulleys, chip, and nitto drag radials. Later suckers. hahaha. that's what most of you guys hear. hahahahhahahahhahahhaha.
i call troll on this one. Maybe next time i go to houston we'll see just how great that bullit is. Anyways, high twelves with just those mods, very unlikely, especialy with your attitude, if you really knew how to drive that well i think you would be a little more mature, people like you are the whole reason we rag on 4.6's.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Hey Bullitt5046

DON'T JUST SING IT, BRING IT!!!!!

Things are a little bit different where I live. 5600 ft elevation
Old 07-12-2003, 01:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

hey redz02 you dont know me. I have no idea what i've done to seem immature. I only defended my car against these guys here. How are high twelves unlikely? I had full exhaust gear and chip on good tires. The weather was also badass. I think you dont know what you're talking about. And camaro kid i'm pretty sure i could smoke your ***. Your car is a piece of ****. How about you go back to your mommy and daddy, punk. Later
If you could smoke me, it'd be because your mommy and daddy bought your car for you like a little bitch you are. I bought my own ****, worked for 3 years to get it. Don't even start with me about that **** if your mommy and daddy bought you your brand new slow Bullitt stang...

By the way... I haven't had my LT1 timed, but I've got LTs, intake, catback, and power programmer... and an LT4 cam sitting in the garage. which I would think is more than enough to pass 13.9
Old 07-12-2003, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

I have both a 89 5.0 gt and my 02 ls1 so I know alot about both stangs and ls1 f-bodies. Stock for stock a ls1 is way faster than a 99-03 gt. Even with gears, x-pipe, catback and drag radials you'll might be running the same et's as a stock ls1 but your mph will be way down. From a roll you'll loose period. I get 5.0 and Super Fords and MM&FF magazines and read the article of the mach 1 vs bullitt vs 99 cobra with 01 engine and was amazed at the times for the mach 1 and bullit. They didn't give the 60ft times but was impressed especially since the test driver was the editor and test driver from MotorTrend. I frequent stangnet and the corral to keep updated on the newer stangs. 99-03 gt's and bullit's that are running in the low 13's have lower mph than ls1's. They are running in same et's and give them credit for that. Again from a roll a ls1 will beat a gt, bullitt with all boltons. All the stangs in the magazines I get have superchargers on them in order to get big hp numbers. Sure they are making 400 +. I also get GM High Tech Performance and there are also ls1 with 400+ rwhp but they use more cubes for more power. Centrifugal SC's aren't reliable like a all motor. The 03 cobra is a great bargain for peformance for the $$. Still it isn't cheap and weighs alotm like 3700 pounds for a couple. The advantage of the cobra and bullitt is there limited production so they hold there value pretty well for a american car. I look forward to the 05 stang. They seem pretty badass.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

well, the whole reason i said that is b/c on e/t streets and 3.73's and every bolt on except LT's, i could only muster a 13.6-13.9 in my 99 GT, that was at HRP too. There is no way that LT's and a little more gear would cut .7 seconds of an et. I still have yet to hear of a factory freak 4.6, which i still don't believe in. Hell i know of a 2000 gt with all you got, just 3.73's and a prochamber, and all the bolt ons and with his compu car 125 shot, he only hits high 12's, pretty good driver too. He used to beat me when i was getting used to driving my Z.

We ragging mustangs b/c this is a camaro forum, do you think we would be like, "Oh mustangs are the shiznit", and so on, of course not, there are plenty of mustang drivers on here that keep our respect and our ranting. It's like throwing a slab of meat into a pack of wolves, your going to get some ragging . I have had 2 mustangs 1 cobra and one GT. In fact when i was replacing my GT i was looking at a blue bullit, but i got my z cheaper, only problem was finding insurance, which i did . Hell, here in corpus it is like a damn mustang reunion, there are 4.6 GT's everywhere.

Your giving the 4.6 sohc way too much credit, one way to compare is to put an ls1 head next to a 4.6 sohc head, the exhaust ports are the size of my thumb.

The only way to got with that car is blower, or a Dohc build up. And remember, if you are on a camaro website you are going to get ragged.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

well, the whole reason i said that is b/c on e/t streets and 3.73's and every bolt on except LT's, i could only muster a 13.6-13.9 in my 99 GT, that was at HRP too. There is no way that LT's and a little more gear would cut .7 seconds of an et. I still have yet to hear of a factory freak 4.6, which i still don't believe in. Hell i know of a 2000 gt with all you got, just 3.73's and a prochamber, and all the bolt ons and with his compu car 125 shot, he only hits high 12's, pretty good driver too. He used to beat me when i was getting used to driving my Z.

We ragging mustangs b/c this is a camaro forum, do you think we would be like, "Oh mustangs are the shiznit", and so on, of course not, there are plenty of mustang drivers on here that keep our respect and our ranting. It's like throwing a slab of meat into a pack of wolves, your going to get some ragging . I have had 2 mustangs 1 cobra and one GT. In fact when i was replacing my GT i was looking at a blue bullit, but i got my z cheaper, only problem was finding insurance, which i did . Hell, here in corpus it is like a damn mustang reunion, there are 4.6 GT's everywhere.

Your giving the 4.6 sohc way too much credit, one way to compare is to put an ls1 head next to a 4.6 sohc head, the exhaust ports are the size of my thumb.

The only way to got with that car is blower, or a Dohc build up. And remember, if you are on a camaro website you are going to get ragged.
Exactly... like I've said before, I know quite a few kids with nice Mustangs, even fast ones. A kid I knew had an old Fox body 5.0 that ran high 13s as well. Another kid I worked with had a 95 5.0 that ran high 13s, one of my best friends has a 98 GT that's nice as hell, but runs like mid 15s. I mean c'mon, thats fucken slow, whoever you are (unless your one of those VTEC lovers).

I don't even hate Mustangs as much as some of the guys on this forum, it's just that whenever punk *** kids in high school who don't know **** about cars think their **** is fast (4.6 Mustang lovers, VTEC drivers "listen to that VTEC kick in", etc etc) **** me off more than anything else in the world of auto enthusiasts. I once had a kid try to tell me his 4 cylinder Accord with intake was fast. Like, what the hell? No it isn't... the day 16s are fast is the day I buy a Honda. I smoked the kid in my old v6, and that L32 was SLOW.

C'mon man... 281 admitted it... why can't you. LS1 is faster than N/A Ford 4.6. It's a fact, not an opinion.

Argh, I'm just giving up. Think whatever you want. This thread is done.

Quick Reply: pros and cons of mustangs and camaros