Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New S/C Roush 427R Vs. Cammed SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran the 427R mustang that rockws6 was talking about. You could tell it was supercharged plus I know the guy pretty good. He goes out with my sister. We went from about ten mph. We where side by side intill about 4K on my tach and then it was lights out for the mustang. The goat starts pulling pretty good above 4K. We shut down at about 90-100 and I had a couple cars on him. Im sure my GTO is alittle heavier than the roush mustang but the extra power made the kill pretty easy.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 PM

10.80@127 best time... thats a 91 fox LX with a dss306, afr heads, trick flow cam+intake, and a s-trim on 10lbs through a tremec on mini tubs, full weight by the way, and still alot more in it, you guys can say all you want, you guys that took shots, your right, its a roots blower, big deal, same difference...im not big on roots or twin screws...still the same result, flat torque curves that are off idle up...and about 405rwhp na, the guy has nothing about H/C/I on his sig, and you dudes that say a LS1 can easily pull 420+rwhp on H/C/I are full of **** anyways, i know they can, but the ones that do are running so much compression already any big dose of any power adder is out of the question, unless you want your engine to blow a head gasket....another thing, i know stock heads are 66cc, i said 62cc because i was talking aftermarker "good heads", dont take it out of context... and by the way, honestly, you guys that took shots on an opinion, i dont care how much power you guys claim to have... how fast is you F-Body full weight anyways, Ive killed a **** load of Ls1s in a mildly modded fox, and everyone ive ever ran in the car now, and honestly.... a reality check, i know some have done it, but ive been to a lot of drag strips, and seen alot of f-bodys run, and i can say ive never personally seen one dip 10's in the quarter full weight.... thats for those of you that want to take shots on the mustang guy that gave a honest opinion.... hard truth is........ IF ANY CAR OWNS THE DRAG STRIP, ITS A MUSTANG, AND ITS A FOXBODY...
Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ your going to be real popular around here.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by midblue91
10.80@127 best time... thats a 91 fox LX with a dss306, afr heads, trick flow cam+intake, and a s-trim on 10lbs through a tremec on mini tubs, full weight by the way, and still alot more in it, you guys can say all you want, you guys that took shots, your right, its a roots blower, big deal, same difference...im not big on roots or twin screws...still the same result, flat torque curves that are off idle up...and about 405rwhp na, the guy has nothing about H/C/I on his sig, and you dudes that say a LS1 can easily pull 420+rwhp on H/C/I are full of **** anyways, i know they can, but the ones that do are running so much compression already any big dose of any power adder is out of the question, unless you want your engine to blow a head gasket....another thing, i know stock heads are 66cc, i said 62cc because i was talking aftermarker "good heads", dont take it out of context... and by the way, honestly, you guys that took shots on an opinion, i dont care how much power you guys claim to have... how fast is you F-Body full weight anyways, Ive killed a **** load of Ls1s in a mildly modded fox, and everyone ive ever ran in the car now, and honestly.... a reality check, i know some have done it, but ive been to a lot of drag strips, and seen alot of f-bodys run, and i can say ive never personally seen one dip 10's in the quarter full weight.... thats for those of you that want to take shots on the mustang guy that gave a honest opinion.... hard truth is........ IF ANY CAR OWNS THE DRAG STRIP, ITS A MUSTANG, AND ITS A FOXBODY...
This makes every thing better. I guess the guys that are running 9's and 10's full wieght and then some, are full of it. What track do you go to that doesn't have F-Bodies dipping into the 10's. Everyone I've ever been to you can't swing a dead cat and not hit one. Foxes can be made fast just like any car but owning the strip give me a break. You are the reason Ford guys get a bad rap, go crawl back under your rock and come back when you know what you are talking about.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:35 AM

Look at your own sites timeslips section, outside of a pure drag car, it just dosent happen.....Show me a streetable 8 second full weight f-body and ill apologize....just face it, the fox is the best drag platform...the nova is a close second....the f-body wouldnt even make the top ten...i didnt start this by the way, you guys are the ones takin shots just because im a mustang guy that had one opinion you guys didnt agree with, YOUR WHAT GIVES CHEVY GUYS A BAD RAP, ON YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY I HAVE AN LS1 POWER TRIP, its pretty sad that i can take a piece of **** fox with 1 door, and 3 tires, and 4000 dollars and blow the doors off your 20000 dollar ride with no problems.... eat this, i know because ive done it, I CAN MAKE A STOCK FOX GO 10'S IN THE QUARTER FOR 3500 DOLLARS EASY
Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 AM

Look at your own sites timeslips section, outside of a pure drag car, it just dosent happen.....Show me a streetable 8 second full weight f-body and ill apologize....just face it, the fox is the best drag platform...the nova is a close second....the f-body wouldnt even make the top ten...i didnt start this by the way, you guys are the ones takin shots just because im a mustang guy that had one opinion you guys didnt agree with, YOUR WHAT GIVES CHEVY GUYS A BAD RAP, ON YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY I HAVE AN LS1 POWER TRIP, its pretty sad that i can take a piece of **** fox with 1 door, and 3 tires, and 4000 dollars and blow the doors off your 20000 dollar ride with no problems.... eat this, i know because ive done it, I CAN MAKE A STOCK FOX GO 10'S IN THE QUARTER FOR 3500 DOLLARS EASY
Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 AM

copy to that, thanks for the support 99
Old 01-29-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nothing worse than a schizophrenic Ford driver.

Join date Jan 2008
Join date Jan 2008

Not only that, one day apart. Maybe he street races his imaginary friend too?

Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

a cookie says theyre the same person
Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

This is an interesting read, and sets the record straight...

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/20...%2F&frame=true

Claimed 427 CHP and 391 CTQ. Dynoed 356 WHP and 330 WTQ
Quickest 1/4 mile tested: 13.234@108.77 <-- WITH NHRA CORRECTION
Quickest 1/4 mile tested: 13.474@106.79 <-- SAME RUN NO CORRECTION

I believe a bone stock 2002 Camaro Z28 recently ran a 12.957 at 105.88 through a stock Auto tranny at Rockingham? Isnt a stock LS1 in an 02 Z28 rated at 325 crank HP? Ooops. So, having "more useable horsepower" is actually slower in the 1/4 mile? Lastly, "someone" should try searching the Drag Results section. Several cam-only LSx cars have ran 10's. Most for less than $3500.

Last edited by Goldfinger911; 01-29-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 AM
TECH Resident

What the **** does this have to do with anything? Your talking about a heavily modded fox body running 10's. No surprise there! Are you living is some sort of dream world? A dream world were all Mustangs are some unbeatable super machine? Do you honestly think that a stock Roush 427R is going to be running low 12's or better?

Once again, you just prove that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to LSX based motors. My guess is you are some 16 year old high school kid with a rattle trap piece of **** fox body that thinks Fords/Mustangs are the second coming of Christ

Originally Posted by 99ls1camaro
Uh Oh! Looks like someone is trolling with multiple screen names! Did all the multitasking get a little overwhelming for you? No surprise there
Old 01-29-2008, 05:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Uh Oh! Looks like someone is trolling with multiple screen names! Did all the multitasking get a little overwhelming for you? No surprise there
LMFAO, this troll takes the cake. He sure brightened my morning

Old 01-29-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Second Club

No offense, but it seems to me that the dude in the roush could not drive...Maybe he's "only" got 427 crank hp, so thats probally 375rw, you claim you have 405 N/A...im not seeing that with the mods you've got, you'd need H/C/I and you'd have a good engine and great tune to pull those numbers with 62cc chambers...even if you do have 405rwhp, the guy in the roush still has more usable power because his torque curve is so immediate and flat with that twin screw blower...in other words, even if you do make a shade more peak power, that cars gonna still be a bitch, because the roush makes more power almost everywhere but peak, and a lot more power under 3500rpm...Like i said, i dont think the guy could drive, not calling you a liar, bit if you want to know which car is really faster, run him on a roll at 60mph and see what happens, it would probally be a different story..

Your an idiot!!! You can make over 400rwhp with a cam only LS1. Please do not post stupid comments or trash peoples story if you don't know what you are talking about!!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:08 AM
10 Second Club

You are still a R E T A R D!!! You don't know S H I T!! Please help all Mustang people save face and go shoot yourself.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
11 Second Club

wow troll of the year award here, and its only January..
Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I'm on the west coast. I'm not overly concerned with any of them. The worst that will happen is I'll get beat and if you race and aren't prepared for that you shouldn't be racing. I doubt it will happen but it could.
My point was that just like a few of the mustang guys posting previously in this thread, you are speaking from a point of ignorance. No need to be so cocky when chances are, if you pick on the wrong Saleen you may get dissapointed. But good attitude on getting beat...there's always someone faster.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

I've built a few fox bodies and I don't think $3500 is going to get you a 10 sec slip starting with a rock-stock car. If it does, it won't last many passes.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Teching In

wow i would sit in this thread and argue, but i feel dumber everytime i read one of your comments, 420rwhp is actually on the lo side for most h/c/i ls1s that i have seen.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

Don't scare him off, it's funny.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, really?

There's so much bullshit in his posts.... I'm not even going to waste my time and let him bring me down to his level of stupidity...