Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New S/C Roush 427R Vs. Cammed SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
My point was that just like a few of the mustang guys posting previously in this thread, you are speaking from a point of ignorance. No need to be so cocky when chances are, if you pick on the wrong Saleen you may get dissapointed. But good attitude on getting beat...there's always someone faster.
I am not trying to be cocky. I can see it sounds that way. My apoligies. I haven't ran across one that both wanted to race and could outrun me yet. The one with a supercharger belongs to a guy that won't race anyone on the street and doesn't go to the track either. The other ones are N/A cars.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midblue91
10.80@127 best time... thats a 91 fox LX with a dss306, afr heads, trick flow cam+intake, and a s-trim on 10lbs through a tremec on mini tubs, full weight by the way, and still alot more in it, you guys can say all you want, you guys that took shots, your right, its a roots blower, big deal, same difference...im not big on roots or twin screws...still the same result, flat torque curves that are off idle up...and about 405rwhp na, the guy has nothing about H/C/I on his sig, and you dudes that say a LS1 can easily pull 420+rwhp on H/C/I are full of **** anyways, i know they can, but the ones that do are running so much compression already any big dose of any power adder is out of the question, unless you want your engine to blow a head gasket....another thing, i know stock heads are 66cc, i said 62cc because i was talking aftermarker "good heads", dont take it out of context... and by the way, honestly, you guys that took shots on an opinion, i dont care how much power you guys claim to have... how fast is you F-Body full weight anyways, Ive killed a **** load of Ls1s in a mildly modded fox, and everyone ive ever ran in the car now, and honestly.... a reality check, i know some have done it, but ive been to a lot of drag strips, and seen alot of f-bodys run, and i can say ive never personally seen one dip 10's in the quarter full weight.... thats for those of you that want to take shots on the mustang guy that gave a honest opinion.... hard truth is........ IF ANY CAR OWNS THE DRAG STRIP, ITS A MUSTANG, AND ITS A FOXBODY...
Originally Posted by 99ls1camaro
Look at your own sites timeslips section, outside of a pure drag car, it just dosent happen.....Show me a streetable 8 second full weight f-body and ill apologize....just face it, the fox is the best drag platform...the nova is a close second....the f-body wouldnt even make the top ten...i didnt start this by the way, you guys are the ones takin shots just because im a mustang guy that had one opinion you guys didnt agree with, YOUR WHAT GIVES CHEVY GUYS A BAD RAP, ON YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY I HAVE AN LS1 POWER TRIP, its pretty sad that i can take a piece of **** fox with 1 door, and 3 tires, and 4000 dollars and blow the doors off your 20000 dollar ride with no problems.... eat this, i know because ive done it, I CAN MAKE A STOCK FOX GO 10'S IN THE QUARTER FOR 3500 DOLLARS EASY
Look at your own sites timeslips section, outside of a pure drag car, it just dosent happen.....Show me a streetable 8 second full weight f-body and ill apologize....just face it, the fox is the best drag platform...the nova is a close second....the f-body wouldnt even make the top ten...i didnt start this by the way, you guys are the ones takin shots just because im a mustang guy that had one opinion you guys didnt agree with, YOUR WHAT GIVES CHEVY GUYS A BAD RAP, ON YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY I HAVE AN LS1 POWER TRIP, its pretty sad that i can take a piece of **** fox with 1 door, and 3 tires, and 4000 dollars and blow the doors off your 20000 dollar ride with no problems.... eat this, i know because ive done it, I CAN MAKE A STOCK FOX GO 10'S IN THE QUARTER FOR 3500 DOLLARS EASY
copy to that, thanks for the support 99
Wow. This is amazing. We have all been going about making our cars faster the wrong way. We should just get a Fox with 3 tires and a door missing send it to this guy and BAM 10 second E.T's. I wish I would of known that before hand. I guess we should all just put our LSX's in the salvage yard and be done with it since obviously they suck and can't be made to go fast. Damn it sucks but what else can we do.

On a side note do your two personalities talk to each other?

Last edited by The Manalishi; 01-29-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread looks like it might be funny, but I'm not even going to bother to read the whole thing...

OP, nice kill. Sounds like he gave you a good run for a while.

I love Roush Mustangs, especially the 427R. That's a car most have to see in person to fully appreciate.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont even bother responding to the troll, he doesnt have a clue
Old 01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
I'm not even going to waste my time and let him bring me down to his level of stupidity...

I wouldn't either... He will just beat us with experience then
Old 01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, have to vent:

...and you dudes that say a LS1 can easily pull 420+rwhp on H/C/I are full of **** anyways, i know they can, but the ones that do are running so much compression already any big dose of any power adder is out of the question, unless you want your engine to blow a head gasket....
You are dense. I 'pulled' 430 RWHP through a stalled automatic with a 238/242 cam, no pulley, LS6 intake, stock unported TB, stock CR, 17x12 wheels and DD the thing. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Goldfinger911
Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

I love how blatantly obvious this douche cobbler was in making it apparent he likes to make multiple profiles.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaunt
I love how blatantly obvious this douche cobbler was in making it apparent he likes to make multiple profiles.
See the "killed" thread. He actually posts about a kill and then gives himself props as the other screen name. Its quite hysterical.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

What happened to 10 sec mustang boy? I bet he was going to post but his other half told him it would be a bad idea!?! haha
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
See the "killed" thread. He actually posts about a kill and then gives himself props as the other screen name. Its quite hysterical.
I did see this but didn't want to call him out as the op of his thread!! What a dork!!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

still the same result, flat torque curves that are off idle up...and about 405rwhp na, the guy has nothing about H/C/I on his sig, and you dudes that say a LS1 can easily pull 420+rwhp on H/C/I are full of **** anyways, i know they can, but the ones that do are running so much compression already any big dose of any power adder is out of the question, unless you want your engine to blow a head gasket...
I don't normally feed trolls but damn... I picked up the car in my sig for a whopping $6300. Bald tires and a broken driver side mirror. Other than that its a solid 90k mile car. I have got to get a picture of the dyno chart. The torque curve is a damn flat line. And I'm not sure on the compression ratio but it will run fine on 87 octane if I want it to. Show me a fox with $3500 put in it that runs faster, drives better as a DD and can go through a touchless car wash without leaking 200 gallons of water inside. 9 year old car and my t-tops don't even leak lol. And to think I respect the 5.0 guys for the most part.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Agreed buddy, agreed

I'm gonna go slap a twineatonscrewroushblower on my car!
Roushblower!! That "Roushcharger" crap is
Old 02-02-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its great to race a humble person like that...good race.