Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Saleen S281 goes down.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saleen S281 goes down.

Me and my girl where out cruising town in the truck and noticed a saleen mustang behind us. We came up on a redlight which brings you onto the interstate. The light turned green and I got in it alittle to just let him know what I had. He replied back with alittle wheel spin. We get on the interstate and he pulls up beside me. He takes off alittle I guess to let me know whos boss. I got on my truck but noticed something was wrong??? It seemed to be falling on its face. I will explain that in a minute. Well I come back beside him and let him have it. We where head to head for a sec or two then my trucks started pulling away. I got a couple car lenghts between us and then slowed back down. He pulled back up beside me and gave me the thumps up. Seemed to be a nice guy. Too bad my truck wasn't at full power. It was still a good kill. I know it was a supercharged saleen because of the supercharger whining and the gauges on the dash. It was a fun kill. I wish I had video but wasn't really out looking for a race. I went to the house to grab my laptop/hpt to see why my truck was falling on its face. It turned out it was pulling 7-8 degs KR? I tuned it a couple days before but it was alot colder. I guess with the warmer weather it didn't like the timing. It was set at around 22-20 degs depinding on rpm and I knocked it down to 18-16 degs advance. Problem solved! I guess I was pretty much running the mustang on 8-12 deg advance depending on the rpm. No wonder it felt underpowered. The motor didnt seem to lose much if any power with the lower timing I programed it for. I think I pulled around 2-3 degs off the table. No biggy.

Justin
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice kill & that's a sick truck you got there.....OMG. I'd bet that GTO of yours has a real complex sitting in the garage next to that beast.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the mods the GTO has I bet the complex is not so bad

and LS1 459 nice Monet and am I getting thios right...you have an LS6 Miata. Not to steel the thread but both of you need to post some pics of your sleepers
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice. That truck is damn strong.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

He showed you who was the boss. Your truck. LMAO good kill.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
with the mods the GTO has I bet the complex is not so bad
Naw, the TT truck rules that household; especially in a freeway run. The GTO is strong, but, not strong enough.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Teching In

good kill justin. maybe youll be able to add a turbo stang to that kill list soon enough
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
good kill justin. maybe youll be able to add a turbo stang to that kill list soon enough

Turbo stang?

Good kill on the S281SC.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. Sounds like one badass truck you have. That would definitely surprise me when I got my *** kicked, and probably most people.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ that's what I told him. The truck looks stock as can be. I would be upset to lose to a truck like that. But you would figure out what happened about the time he come around you. Them turbos make a little noise.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Turbo stang?

Good kill on the S281SC.
Yeah brians Mustang has a Turbo but I think it will be alittle more of a challenge than the S281.

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
Im not so sure yet but it will be fun no matter what. Do you think you might come down this weekend?

Thanks for all the comments. Its always fun to race fast came cars with the truck. Oh and the GTO is not as fast up top as the truck but will hold its own. Its definatly a fun car to drive. I like it because its all motor and will give almost any car a good run.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
LS1 450 nice Monte and am I getting this right...you have an LS6 Miata. Not to steel the thread but both of you need to post some pics of your sleepers

Thank-you for the compliments. My avatar pic is an under hood shot of the Miata. It's basically a street legal, fully built race car in a Miata shell. By race car I mean road course driving. Miata's are by no means a good platform for drag racing. I don't want to step on this thread. So, we'll leave it @ that. Thank-you again.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Yeah brians Mustang has a Turbo but I think it will be alittle more of a challenge than the S281.

Im not so sure yet but it will be fun no matter what. Do you think you might come down this weekend?

Thanks for all the comments. Its always fun to race fast came cars with the truck. Oh and the GTO is not as fast up top as the truck but will hold its own. Its definatly a fun car to drive. I like it because its all motor and will give almost any car a good run.
What part of NC you from? Ever run at tracks or strictly street?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
What part of NC you from? Ever run at tracks or strictly street?
I run at commerce GA. I think there opening back up around march. I cant wait to get some numbers. I ran a 12.06@121 at 12 psi but then again the tranny let go that week so it may have been slipping. I now have a fully built transformance 4l80e. It seems to be working great. Are you from around here?