Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

If the track had a section for roll racing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Theres nothing ignorant about that. When you make that kind of power you have to buy the top of the line **** suspension wise and tire wise. A set of 315 BFG DR's are a joke! And his suspension isn't anything amazing...
His suspension IS top of the line. So the guy doesn't want to run around on ET streets etc. That makes him "cheap" ? I wouldn't want to be skating around @ freeway speeds either. Point being, this car gets driven daily and is a TRUE street car.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Theres nothing ignorant about that. When you make that kind of power you have to buy the top of the line **** suspension wise and tire wise. A set of 315 BFG DR's are a joke! And his suspension isn't anything amazing...
I think what you meant to say and why the guy called it ignorant it sixspeedinc is a tranny shop. They had MADMAN do their suspension to get the car to be consistant and hook. It was fast before now it is silly when you consider they have a 6 speed and its NA. They ran an 8.93.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I think what you meant to say and why the guy called it ignorant it sixspeedinc is a tranny shop. They had MADMAN do their suspension to get the car to be consistant and hook. It was fast before now it is silly when you consider they have a 6 speed and its NA. They ran an 8.93.
What I was getting to is talking to someone with a nasty fast car and get points from them on how to get the car to hook up. I don't know F-body shops so I have no idea what MADMAN or sixspeedinc does.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
His suspension IS top of the line. So the guy doesn't want to run around on ET streets etc. That makes him "cheap" ? I wouldn't want to be skating around @ freeway speeds either. Point being, this car gets driven daily and is a TRUE street car.
I highly doubt his suspension is far from top of the line. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if sub 9 second cars don't use one part of the suspension he has. Also a set of good tires doesn't damn you to a set of ET Streets... Man I give up on you. You nut swingers can believe what you want. I'm not taking anything away from the guys car, it is ******* nasty fast! But to complain about it not hooking and you have a hand full of basic suspension mods and a set of 315 BFG DR's is funny to me. Either set it up for the road and have it to where it won't hook from a stop or set it up to hook from a stop and drive like **** on the street. I don't know of a 900rwhp front engine rear wheel drive car that can do both...choose your path. I'm done with this pissing match...moving on to the next.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What I was getting to is talking to someone with a nasty fast car and get points from them on how to get the car to hook up. I don't know F-body shops so I have no idea what MADMAN or sixspeedinc does.
MADMAN is a genius or crazy, the jury is still out, anyway he does suspensions and has probably the best drag racing setup money can buy. Six Speed Inc does the T-56 and they are damn good at it. One of the few shops that do face plating for others. They have a nasty fast car. I just assumed you knew since you post here.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Wrong.
620rwhp/pump gas (No N2O) 620 doesnt equal 700+

Anyway this idea is crazy
Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just assumed you knew since you post here.
Nah, I just come check out the "Street racing & kill stories" and then I'm out of here!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I highly doubt his suspension is far from top of the line. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if sub 9 second cars don't use one part of the suspension he has. Also a set of good tires doesn't damn you to a set of ET Streets... Man I give up on you. You nut swingers can believe what you want. I'm not taking anything away from the guys car, it is ******* nasty fast! But to complain about it not hooking and you have a hand full of basic suspension mods and a set of 315 BFG DR's is funny to me. Either set it up for the road and have it to where it won't hook from a stop or set it up to hook from a stop and drive like **** on the street. I don't know of a 900rwhp front engine rear wheel drive car that can do both...choose your path. I'm done with this pissing match...moving on to the next.

So now I'm a nut swinger because I don't agree with you? Not cool buddy, not cool at all.

I agree, I'm done arguing
Old 02-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
So now I'm a nut swinger because I don't agree with you? Not cool buddy, not cool at all.
It was mainly a joke man, I didn't mean it literally.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TA1364
620rwhp/pump gas (No N2O) 620 doesnt equal 700+

Anyway this idea is crazy
You're assuming that I've never driven any other car in my life.
You're also assuming that the nitrous never gets armed and sprayed.
While my fuel system isn't upgraded to my liking, it will handle enough
to put me over 700rwhp. Thanks for playing though.

So...again...wrong on my initial post and wrong to yours.

We have a standing rule around here...you're not allowed to talk **** until
you break out of the 13's (stock ET).
Old 02-10-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
Would you think people would be more inclined to go?

I would say most likely yes because the main reason I dont like the track is cause I have no traction and roll races are the most fun for me.

Lets say they had a 2 mile long strip... 1/4 mile to get up to speed, 1 mile to race, 1 mile to shut down... What do you guys think?

They can calculate ET from starting/stopping mph and gives us traction challenged folks a way to have fun at the track too.

I would honesly do any form of racing. This included,....it's a chance to go VERY fast,....against another vehicle.

Sure, i'm down. They do this in europe, on runways and ****.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Everyone who scoffs at it has never had to drive a 700+ hp car and "attempt" to get traction. Theres way more to it than adding DRs or slicks or some suspension work. In my SS I could roast drag radials all the way through third gear on the street by just getting moving and then nailing it, no clutch dumping.

I feel you on the roll races, Id much rather do that type of run than risk blowing up multiple parts of my car "attempting" to get it to hook at the track.

amen.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just read all 4 pages...it's 2:23am,..and i'm ******* tired.

ALl you big HP guys,..need to check out some TOYO's.... road race compound. They're the ****,..drag radial like traction,....Z rated tire stability. Don't have them yet on my car but,..gotta couple of buddies with SERIOUS hp C5's(tens or better on slicks)...and,..they're remarkable. Cousins car used to blow the tires off in 4th on motor only in a 3.73 C5 and 345 Pzero's,....now, you could stab it in second,...and it'll barely spin with the toyo's. However, like any tire, you can overwhelm them.

Strongly recommend this tire for anyone that needs high speed stability,..and traction. Same tires as the LG motorsports world challenge series car(s).

As far as a sactioned event,..roll racing,...again,..in my opinion,..it's a way to be able to go flat out, and reach some serious speeds. Not sure how fast any of you have been but, driving a car, at 170+mph is a pretty serious rush, especially when it's still accelerating just as hard as it was at 120. It's like sex dammit. Soo, i'm not saying a roll racing setup would be best,...a standing mile would be funner,...and, more challenging, no doubt BUT.......i'd gladly accept any reason or right, or event, to be allowed to try and go 200 mph,...and not go to jail.

Thats all I'm saying
Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
We have a standing rule around here...you're not allowed to talk **** until you break out of the 13's (stock ET).
Yea working on that got a nice pile of parts sitting here waiting to go in. Fulltime student and job isnt easy.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I definately think so and here is why.

1.You can run street tires, some people hate that switching out tires.
2. More stuff breaks on the launch, from a roll not too much can happen as long as the tune is good.
3. It takes most of the driver skill out of the equation, which appeals to the insecure folks.

Will it happen? Nope!!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Idk i just read the first page of this and it was enough for me, but heres my take any of you who dont think roll racing is fun or its stupid then why do u bother posting in the Street/strip forums because 95% of the posts here are roll races, and when u reply and say "good kill" or anything else ur just egging it on so get off it some ppl do it and some dont...
Old 02-10-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NT555 RII's are like the Toyos they have the DR compound but are a road race tire. Are you talking about the Toyo RA-1's? And IMO even though my car is dead slow, to each there own. If you want to set your car up for drag more power to you, if you want handling and don't have to do 1.2 second 60 foot times more power to you.

I personally know that hell the rattiest Fox Body with 90/10 shocks and slicks and skinnies would launch my car out of the whole with 200 less to the tire. But he wouldn't be able to touch me in the twisties or from a roll.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95N20FORMULA
Idk i just read the first page of this and it was enough for me, but heres my take any of you who dont think roll racing is fun or its stupid then why do u bother posting in the Street/strip forums because 95% of the posts here are roll races, and when u reply and say "good kill" or anything else ur just egging it on so get off it some ppl do it and some dont...
I posted on the front page and what I and I believe most of the people are saying an organized track event for roll racing they would not participate in. The street is different. If I am on the highway and a guy wants to go cool. We damn sure aren't going to stop in the middle of the highway, warm up the tires and get down. We go from a roll its fun and it gives an idea of who has the faster car, not 100% accurate because if it went from a dig the outcome may be different. Two different things. Roll racing is for the street. If I want to go to an organized event it will either be drag racing or a roadcourse. Just my take and what I believe most are saying.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

We damn sure aren't going to stop in the middle of the highway, warm up the tires and get down.
LOL I've done this on the interstate.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL I've done this on the interstate.
I live in Washington. If you did that on the interstates out here you wouldn't live to tell about it.