Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rematch Blackbird 39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438whp)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Great races, guys. You need to get this stuff on video.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Vids next time

Yah if we ever get an organized race together there will be a vid of it, here is a vid of me vs Yellowsierra's truck. Thats one mean truck!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...30017c1388.htm
Old 02-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Yah if we ever get an organized race together there will be a vid of it, here is a vid of me vs Yellowsierra's truck. Thats one mean truck!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...30017c1388.htm

dang looks pretty fast, it looks like it was havin traction problems. or you let out and it flew by. what happened?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Traction problems.
Hay Brandt I got that TurboXS BOV and mounting kit if you want. Its missing a few set screws but I was going to take it to work and get a few for it before I gave it to ya. I'll actually do that tonight. If your still interested. We definately need to work something out this weekend. I'm free all weekend. So just let me know when you guys want to go and we will work it out.

Brian I hope you get to feeling better man I hate to hear about that.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
dang looks pretty fast, it looks like it was havin traction problems. or you let out and it flew by. what happened?
Yah he was having traction issues and he wasn't brake boosting so it took a min for the truck to get spooled, once the turbo's spool watch out cause, that thing is a monster!

Originally Posted by rocksws6
^ Traction problems.
Hay Brandt I got that TurboXS BOV and mounting kit if you want. Its missing a few set screws but I was going to take it to work and get a few for it before I gave it to ya. I'll actually do that tonight. If your still interested. We definately need to work something out this weekend. I'm free all weekend. So just let me know when you guys want to go and we will work it out.

Brian I hope you get to feeling better man I hate to hear about that.
I'd def. like to have that BOV if it will mount up properly and is 100% recirc. let me know how much you need for it and the part # so I can ask my tuner if it will work.

Looks like rain this weekend.... Sat. I got a side job and Sun. I got a B-day party for my son so lol we might be able to work something out.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah hopefully the weather holds out! It seems like the last two weeks have been cloudy/rainy. Im ready to have some fun. Check out what came in for the GTO... http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5...ickflowyx7.jpg
Old 02-21-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd def. like to have that BOV if it will mount up properly and is 100% recirc. let me know how much you need for it and the part # so I can ask my tuner if it will work.

Looks like rain this weekend.... Sat. I got a side job and Sun. I got a B-day party for my son so lol we might be able to work something out.
It will mount up just fine and its a recirc. only. You can look at it right here: http://www.turboxs.com/more_info.php?ID=7
All BOV's are pretty much the same. The only difference is that vehicle specific ones come with a special mount so that they will bolt up. But here's the part # anyways though. Part No. RBV-H34
Its supposed to rain Sunday not Saturday. I feel like I'm going to have to stalk you to get a run here. I've been trying to get a run since December. No bullshit.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Yeah hopefully the weather holds out! It seems like the last two weeks have been cloudy/rainy. Im ready to have some fun. Check out what came in for the GTO... http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5...ickflowyx7.jpg
Did you steal that picture from somebody?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you steal that picture from somebody?
Haha... Yeah I borrowed it from another thread. I was just trying to scare brandt alittle. haha
Old 02-21-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Scared me there for a second.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 AM
12 Second Club

It will mount up just fine and its a recirc. only. You can look at it right here: http://www.turboxs.com/more_info.php?ID=7
All BOV's are pretty much the same. The only difference is that vehicle specific ones come with a special mount so that they will bolt up. But here's the part # anyways though. Part No. RBV-H34
Its supposed to rain Sunday not Saturday. I feel like I'm going to have to stalk you to get a run here. I've been trying to get a run since December. No bullshit.
Cool, I just don't want to pulll the stock one off and find out it doesn't mate up for one reason or another, does it have a gasket with it?

Yah I know it's been awhile since you got your cam in there; Justin knows how to stalk better. The times we got together have just been spur of the moment runs, when I ran the truck he said you didn't want to race it so we didn't really think about it. This last time it was like the first time me and you raced I was on my way home from school. You need to race Justin he's always available and just itching to blow somebody's doors off.

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Haha... Yeah I borrowed it from another thread. I was just trying to scare brandt alittle. haha
It worked lol.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, I just don't want to pulll the stock one off and find out it doesn't mate up for one reason or another, does it have a gasket with it?

Yah I know it's been awhile since you got your cam in there; Justin knows how to stalk better. The times we got together have just been spur of the moment runs, when I ran the truck he said you didn't want to race it so we didn't really think about it. This last time it was like the first time me and you raced I was on my way home from school. You need to race Justin he's always available and just itching to blow somebody's doors off.
It got o-rings where it mounts up to the adapter. But no there's no gasket where the plate mounts to the intercooler. I don't think it needs one. I don't think the stock one uses a gasket. I've used the plate before and it didn't leak but we could make one if you want I don't think it would make any difference though. I'll let you look at it sometime. Maybe this weekend sometime or something.

I told Gator I would race his truck but I didn't think there would be much point in it. I still will but with that truck trapping 120+ its more how bad is he going to beat me. I've been wanting to race the Goat for a while too though. He beat me up real quick when I first got the car (stock) but haven't raced him since. I figured we would just wait until we could all meet up and get a few vids of all of us. So I'm thinking tommorow night about 10 p.m. we could meat up at the power house. What do you guys think?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good to me! Im hoping the weather holds out!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its not supposed to rain today. So if everything dry's up which its got all day to do it'll be just fine.
I don't think Brandt's going to make it though. I haven't talked to him yet but I just get that hint. Did your girl bring that camera yet? You could bring the truck too if you want to see how much faster it is than your car. And mine.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Its not supposed to rain today. So if everything dry's up which its got all day to do it'll be just fine.
I don't think Brandt's going to make it though. I haven't talked to him yet but I just get that hint. Did your girl bring that camera yet? You could bring the truck too if you want to see how much faster it is than your car. And mine.
Well I got my side job done early today, so I'm not completely out yet but my son's B-day is tomorrow and wife has me doing crap around the house. I've also started on the Gin and juice , if I can control myself I'll be good to drive tonight. I will make it at least to video tape the runs and my friend can drive me but I don't trust him to race my car.

I don't have a boost gauge in the car ( yeah can you believe I'm not A-pillar podded out !! ) but my tuning computer can read boost and I am down nearly a pound of boost cause of that stock diaphragm. I'd like to get together this afternoon/evening and see if that BOV you got can bolt on.

Quick Reply: Rematch Blackbird 39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438whp)