Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rematch Blackbird 39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438whp)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rematch Blackbird 39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438whp)

Ran into Justin other night over in Tailand and had a few runs: First time we ran about a month ago he consistently beat me by 1-1 and 1/12 cars. This time I brake boosted very hard and water sprayed my IC.

First run 60-110mph:

No brake boost 4th gear: he pulls me around 1-1 and 1/2 cars

2nd run 40-110mph:

Lots of brake boost, water spray IC, 2nd gear: basically dead even I may have been ahead by a nose.

3rd run 40-120mph:

Lots of brake boost 2nd gear: I pull around 1/2-to full car

Some great runs, had a blast.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Teching In

sound like fun guys. good runs!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Teching In

nice man! i wish i couldve been in the car with u i effin love how those lil boxer flat 4 engines sound. dammit i wanna ride in a sti just one time.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
sound like fun guys. good runs!
Thanks man, when you heading over this way for some fun?

Originally Posted by willthethrill
nice man! i wish i couldve been in the car with u i effin love how those lil boxer flat 4 engines sound. dammit i wanna ride in a sti just one time.
Yah I think the STi's have the best sound of the 4cyl. cars, I have the Cobb exhaust which is a very quality SS piece with a real muffler instead of a fart can. Sometimes my wife drives it in the morning and when it starts up and idles it's hard to tell if it's the STi or the 5.9l Grand Cherokee.

I'm sure a ride could be arranged if your ever up in the Carolinas, one condition: I get a ride in the Cobra!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

I love those soobies
Old 02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just sold mine last month due to financial reasons plus it was my DD and didn't get good gas mileage, I was stage 2 and preparing for a 20g this year (my bottom end was already built with JE forged pistons, coated race bearings, ARP bolts, etc).

Good runs though ! All I can say is Alcohol or Meth injection !
Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it was a fun spur of the moment run. I was leaving subway and heard a firmilar rumble coming down the road. I jumped in my car and fell in behind. I done a ricer fly by to wake him up. We had some good runs. I wish we had it on video! My girl is coming over this weekend and I told here to bring the video camera. We need to get together and make a video. Me you(blackbird) and Rock. If we run should I be in the truck or the GTO? If I run the truck its just going to be on 11-12lbs. I was running around 14lbs last time we run. It doesn't sound like a big difference but at 11-12 pounds it seems like the turbos are just starting to come on. I wish I could run 18lbs but it leans out up top. It feels really strong at 18lbs! I'll Pm Rock to see when he's free.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm free.
**** man just let me know when you guys want to run and I'm in. It definately needs to be on the weekend though because working 2nd shift fouls all else. I think I'm going to put the 17's back on if we plan a date though. Get these heavy *** 19's off. I'd hate to lose for bling.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I'm free.
**** man just let me know when you guys want to run and I'm in. It definately needs to be on the weekend though because working 2nd shift fouls all else. I think I'm going to put the 17's back on if we plan a date though. Get these heavy *** 19's off. I'd hate to lose for bling.
Check out what my girl might be getting...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...on=&max_price=
Im excited!. Im thinking magnacharger, headers, 3" exhaust and stall! haha
Old 02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ spend all that money on her ride instead of yours? Are you sure? I was thinking about working on the wifes Audi a little bit but then I come to my senses. I gotta save up for a SC or a Dana 60 or something for mine.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ spend all that money on her ride instead of yours? Are you sure? I was thinking about working on the wifes Audi a little bit but then I come to my senses. I gotta save up for a SC or a Dana 60 or something for mine.
Yeah I guess I forgot that stuff costs money! Shes paying for the ride but I guess I'll atleast have to put some exhaust on it. I think its kinda sweat that my girl likes fast cars and wants to have one.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Banned

Sounds like fun.

But with an 80WHP advantage, he should have pulled you a lot harder than that. Something doesn't add up.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Sounds like fun.

But with an 80WHP advantage, he should have pulled you a lot harder than that. Something doesn't add up.
His car was run on a Mustang dyno and mine was on a Dynojet. My GTO weighs 4000lb his car weighs 3400lb. I had alittle bit of traction problems... he has all wheel drive. That makes it a drivers race!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Yeah I guess I forgot that stuff costs money! Shes paying for the ride but I guess I'll atleast have to put some exhaust on it. I think its kinda sweat that my girl likes fast cars and wants to have one.
That's damn sweet! My woman can't drive worth a **** though so even if she wanted something fast I would have to shut that **** down.
Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Sounds like fun.

His car was run on a Mustang dyno and mine was on a Dynojet. My GTO weighs 4000lb his car weighs 3400lb. I had alittle bit of traction problems... he has all wheel drive. That makes it a drivers race!
That's exactly right. You put that much power down in a light car that's AWD and its going to be fast.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

need a chase car?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice races i love racing my buddies STI.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Blackbird39;8753634]Thanks man, when you heading over this way for some fun?

idk i wrecked my bike the other day and have been in the hospital for over a week. i just got out but have broke my collerbone, neck and som internal bleeding so it will be a bit b4 im even able to drive myself lol
Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah it was a fun spur of the moment run. I was leaving subway and heard a firmilar rumble coming down the road. I jumped in my car and fell in behind. I done a ricer fly by to wake him up. We had some good runs. I wish we had it on video! My girl is coming over this weekend and I told here to bring the video camera. We need to get together and make a video. Me you(blackbird) and Rock. If we run should I be in the truck or the GTO? If I run the truck its just going to be on 11-12lbs. I was running around 14lbs last time we run. It doesn't sound like a big difference but at 11-12 pounds it seems like the turbos are just starting to come on. I wish I could run 18lbs but it leans out up top. It feels really strong at 18lbs! I'll Pm Rock to see when he's free.
the truck zomg! I'm scared of the truck lol. Maybe have your girl bring the truck and after we run the cars, you can switch to the truck me and Rock can go up against the beast. Did you say your getting traction off the line with it now cause that's prob. the only race we'd have a chance against the allmighty Sierra.

I'm free.
I hate planning stuff like this, it seems to never quite work out your busy late at night during the week and I'm w/wife and kids on weekends. We'll get something worked out, I still need a new BOV/recirc my stock one's diaphragm is getting weak. The other night when me and Yellowsierra raced it seemed to be holding boost better and my shifts were much crisper, but last night I gave a friend a ride and it wasn't holding boost till redline. But regardless if we can work out a time that's good for all 3 of us I'm in. I'd really like to see a race between the WS6 and the GTO first and I can chase car it to take video; so I have an idea where you guys stand.

Just leave the 19's on they look great .... lol yah if it was me I'd be putting the 17's back on.

Check out what my girl might be getting...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...on=&max_price=
Im excited!. Im thinking magnacharger, headers, 3" exhaust and stall! haha
Sweet I love those SS Blazers, I bet she will bust alot of unsuspecting peeps from the stoplights.

[QUOTE=brian06eleanor;8759040]
Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Thanks man, when you heading over this way for some fun?

idk i wrecked my bike the other day and have been in the hospital for over a week. i just got out but have broke my collerbone, neck and som internal bleeding so it will be a bit b4 im even able to drive myself lol
Damn man srry to hear that, glad your gonna be ok just take it easy for awhile!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great races, guys. You need to get this stuff on video.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Vids next time

Quick Reply: Rematch Blackbird 39 (06 STi 360whp) vs Yellowsierra (06 GTO 438whp)