Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Red LS1 T/A vs Red 98 Stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Red LS1 T/A vs Red 98 Stang GT

You guy will like this one...

I never post my own kills on account of I have a V6, but this one I was with my friend on his way to Comet Billiards on Route 46 in NJ. On the way, he raced and killed my other friend's new 3800 V6 firebird for the first time, but the bird hung with him pretty good. But that's not what this post is about.

Down the road some ways, he found a more formidable opponent.. a beautiful red LS1 Trans Am WS6, with the hood and everything. That thing was loud and nice as hell. He used to own a third gen WS6 that ran low 13s, so he pulled up next to it and gave the guy the nod, and the guy gave it back to him.

They met at a light later, both of them side by side in two lanes on 46. They gave each other "the look" and waited for the green to drop. As soon as the green light dropped, they both hit it, and let me just say the LS1 was out by a LOT... and I do mean a LOT, right from the beginning. My friend Tom was all like "Yes, that car is ****** awesome", no negative comments whatsoever. an LS1 WS6 T/A is like both of our dream cars, lol.

By the end of the race, he was bus lengths behind, I'd say they ran for about a quarter mile and he got pummeled by the T/A. Later, stopped at a light side by side, they talked. The LS1 owner said all he had was an catback and a lid, and Tom's mustang is stock except for K&N filter. Tom gave the guy congrats on his car, and he said the Mustang was pretty nice. Then, we both went our seperate ways. Cool guy though.

Just thoguht you guys might get a kick out of another Mustang kill... his Mustang is nice, no doubt (He's got the 17" rims, tan leather interior, Mach 460...) No doubt it's a nice car, it's just not fast, exactly the point I've been trying to prove to that Bullitt moron... He's planning on doing a side exhaust next month, which should be nice as hell.

Well, that's about it, guys. Hope ya enjoyed it.

Last edited by Super Mario; 12-03-2003 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Red LS1 T/A vs Red 98 Stang GT

That's good to see that people can be cool when they beat someone and not be a cocky dick. I always at least thank the person for racing,, unless they are like some of the people on this site like bullit and 289cipwr used to be.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:48 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Hey keep dreaming about that car cause you'll never get it. Dont call me a moron either. And i know those old mustangs arent fast. But mine is.
later.
What the hell is wrong with you? Get the stick out of your ***, and stop being such a *****. I don't even understand why you post on this board? Nobody here can stand you, you know absolutely nothing about cars, you DO NOT drive an LS1 (which is the purpose of this site, incase you didn't notice), and most of us doubt you even drive that slow *** mustang of yours. The only reason I might possibly believe you drive that, is because I cannot see anyone choosing a bullit mustang as they're pretend car ... It would be kind of like making up a lie that you have a woman, and telling everyone she’s 500 lbs and ugly.

By the way, you run a 13.0 second quarter mile; on nitrous ... your car is SLOOOWWWWWWWWWW. If my car ever ran a 13.0 with the nitrous on I would jump off a 50 story building onto a bunch of metal spikes after taking a cyanide pill, just to have some redundancy to make sure that I couldn't possibly live. Maybe you should try it...

Old 07-19-2003, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey keep dreaming about that car cause you'll never get it. Dont call me a moron either. And i know those old mustangs arent fast. But mine is.
later.
Heh... actually, I'm about to buy another car. That's all I'm sayin. If I buy it, I'll let you know, mustang driver. Oh, and let me tell you, it's comin with a little bit of lope and a little bit of whine... and yes, it is an LT1. Til then, later you ******.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good story camaro Kid. I've run across a handfull of cool guys like that too. There's a local '02 red WS6 TA with a cam/headers/bolt-ons. It's a baby cam so I'm not too concerned about that. I want to run him in my Cobra. I talked to him at a light when I was in my Explorer. He looked shocked when I asked what cam he had in it (I heard the lope). People assume I don't know anything about LS1's because I don't have one anymore.

Let's hear about this blown LT1!
Old 07-19-2003, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Going to take a look at it in about 15 mins... i'll let you guys know
Old 07-19-2003, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Took a look at it, the guy is a mechanic, goes to the same college i'm startig at in the fall, he's 22. works at a car dealership... the cars got-

vortech blower runnin 9#, comp cam (not sure on specs yet), 17" enkeis, sfc's, rear stabilizers (and a few other suspension mods that i didn't really care about), headers, high flow cat, borla catback, ignition box, completely rebuilt with forged internals, stall converter, wires and plugs, and let's not forget the all-important show-offish boost gauge on the pillar...

the car is so ****** sick, it sounds insane. the only thing left to do is grab a 12 bolt rear with some 3.73s... The only drawback is that it's a hardtop No t-tops! And it's an A4. The body and trans have 65k on it, and the engine has about 5k... he wants 9800. I think it's a steal. What do you guys think? Should run mid 12s? I dunno, but I'm gonna buy it on monday if insurance and everything works out...
Old 07-19-2003, 05:08 PM

Thats gonna be a pretty sick car ... Should pull mid 12s in its present form, then low 12's maybe even 11's when you get a 12 bolt, 3.73's and a nice set of DRs or nittos on there.

And dont worry about bullitt, hes just mad he has such a dog of a car.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

that's going to be pretty fast car. Sucks that it's not T-tops. Later.
Wow, he complemented me. Thanks, bullitt.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea but he still went out of his way to remind you that it didnt have t-tops, followed by a "suck" comment. BTW, i didnt think i would get my WS6 either(also my dream). funny how things work out
Old 07-20-2003, 12:59 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z28 was my dream also (as a teenager). Funny how things go, 15 years later, they stop making them (when I can afford one), so, I got the last new one off the delivery truck, and it was an SS to boot!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

later.
What the hell is wrong with you? Get the stick out of your ***, and stop being such a *****. I don't even understand why you post on this board? Nobody here can stand you, you know absolutely nothing about cars, you DO NOT drive an LS1 (which is the purpose of this site, incase you didn't notice), and most of us doubt you even drive that slow *** mustang of yours. The only reason I might possibly believe you drive that, is because I cannot see anyone choosing a bullit mustang as they're pretend car ... It would be kind of like making up a lie that you have a woman, and telling everyone she’s 500 lbs and ugly.

By the way, you run a 13.0 second quarter mile; on nitrous ... your car is SLOOOWWWWWWWWWW. If my car ever ran a 13.0 with the nitrous on I would jump off a 50 story building onto a bunch of metal spikes after taking a cyanide pill, just to have some redundancy to make sure that I couldn't possibly live. Maybe you should try it...

nice death, as for jumping off a 50 story building, i think i would just trade it in on an ls1.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:54 PM

Haha ... yeah probably, you get my point though.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just thought I'd revive this thread while looking at all my old posts out of boredom. It's got everything, me buying my car, and good ole' Bullitt. Lol.

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

hahaha, gots to love that ****. nothing is better than bullitts avatar name and his signature!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey atleast with the hardtop you won't have
"so much torque (pause) the chassis twisted off the line."
i just had to add that to this post to make it complete.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by john_matrix
hey atleast with the hardtop you won't have
"so much torque (pause) the chassis twisted off the line."
i just had to add that to this post to make it complete.
Lmao... it was funny how much of a noob i was. I bet I wasn't even over 30 posts yet. It was back when I was driving my 6banger too... I dunno how I survived a year with that car.

Last edited by Super Mario; 12-03-2003 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good story and a nice kill for the WS6.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:27 AM
STF Veteran

SM did you ever get the 12 bolt?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:30 AM

LOL this story is OLLDDD ....