Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 for me to poop on

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
I always pay attention to the cars I race, but I thought this one in particular was a v6, and I don't give a flyin rats *** what kind of hood or stripes a v6 mustang has.. The only thing I noticed out of the ordinary was the mach 1 logo on the left rear of the car..
In any case, I kicked its ***, so I don't really care if its a v6, a gt, or a mach 1. Whatever it was, it was purely FOR ME TO POOP ON!
Sorry if I came across that I was trying to make you sound/look like an idiot. I was merely stating that it didn't sound like a real Mach. And agreed, it doesn't matter what it was if you're in front at the end.
Hell, I wish I had 366 rwhp <shrug> I am too into creature comforts tho. Someday, cash and the wife willing. I too will get a good H/C combo

So Umm Good Kill !
Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah dude, the day after I got my motor put back in my car. 1st time I got on the throttle. But, oddly enough, it didnt feel any worse than hitting a speed bump going 20. Goddamn Northern Minnesota. Thing launched off my hood, I hit the brakes, and it landed on the back of my car and broke my spoiler and liftgate. I was rippin' so hard all the hair, guts, and poop drafted to the back of my car I drove it like that for like 3 weeks.. pretty funny, People who I raced all of the sudden see me pullin around town with a mangled car.. Rich as hell. Check out the pic
so you're from northern minnesota? so when did this race take place? just wondering because im from minnesota as well and there is tons of salt and sand all over the roads what kind of tires are you running? how did you actually hook up?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

You've been a hellraiser all your life and it still puzzles you as to why the cops bother you? Hmm....yea I can see where that might be kinda hard to figure out.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:47 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Bro,..you gotta come up north with me on one friday night. You wanna talk about some serious cars,...yeah, humbling experience. Fast mustangs,vipers,porsche's,vettes,skylines,evo's, etc etc. Some very fast cars,...and some very cool *** people. No kids,..you'd like it.

How far up north you guys running? Hey, we are all big fish in a small pond, dont go too far into the big ponds.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
jay hows the sale going

You need to PM me some pics of your car. I am looking for a SB. That might do it, but its gettin done one way or the other.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:14 AM
11 Second Club

Where are all these Mach1's running 13's?
Never seen one run 13's at the track.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
I ran a 13.5 when i was stock.... down to the tires.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 AM
***Repost Police***

Don't tell me you think that they're actually 14s cars...
Old 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
so you're from northern minnesota? so when did this race take place? just wondering because im from minnesota as well and there is tons of salt and sand all over the roads what kind of tires are you running? how did you actually hook up?
Yeah man, I'm originally from Duluth. It was in the mid summer that this happened, so.. there was no salt, and no sand.. But, I have Bfgoodrich G-force sport 255s. For street tires, I have actually been fairly impressed by them. I wish they were wider though
Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Red99TransAm
You've been a hellraiser all your life and it still puzzles you as to why the cops bother you? Hmm....yea I can see where that might be kinda hard to figure out.
Never said I was puzzled about it, there is no secret.
Obviously cops are gonna pester a 25 yr old guy that looks like
a serial killer stumbling down the street at 4am with a scythe in his hand, covered in blood...
Old 03-08-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
i think he was shooting more for the 15's haha
Old 03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Seen some of them run low to mid 14's with my own eyes. Then again, I've seen 03 Cobras run high 13's and Cammed LS1's run mid 14's (It my first time at the track)

Can they run 13's? Never said they didn't. Just never seen it, I'll take your word for it though.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Seen some of them run low to mid 14's with my own eyes. Then again, I've seen 03 Cobras run high 13's and Cammed LS1's run mid 14's (It my first time at the track)

Can they run 13's? Never said they didn't. Just never seen it, I'll take your word for it though.
What elevation do you race at?
My car when bone stock ran 13.2@105mph @ sac raceway my second time at the track w/ a manual trans car. A few weeks later w/ o/r h-pipe,cut in flows,shifter and a UD crank pulley I ran 13.0 @108mph.
04 mach 1 @ sac raceway
Old 03-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

Yeah dude, the day after I got my motor put back in my car. 1st time I got on the throttle. But, oddly enough, it didnt feel any worse than hitting a speed bump going 20. Goddamn Northern Minnesota. Thing launched off my hood, I hit the brakes, and it landed on the back of my car and broke my spoiler and liftgate. I was rippin' so hard all the hair, guts, and poop drafted to the back of my car I drove it like that for like 3 weeks.. pretty funny, People who I raced all of the sudden see me pullin around town with a mangled car.. Rich as hell. Check out the pic
holy lord

deer dumdumdum!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

personally I like the machs and especially the termis, who doesnt. Im not sure if I would ever own one, but... well, yes actually I would now that I think of it. But I do like fbods better. And Ive never really heard a mustang that I didnt like the sound of, I must admit. I've always been a bit jealous of the sound of a nice 3v stang, even with stock exhaust. Now that I have my lts and tds I'm a bit less envious, actually a lot less envious if at all. I like to scare the stangs now with the loudness of my car. The point is, it must have been a V6'er if it sounded bad and it was a late model mustang. Either way, 366 hp and a win is nothing to be ashamed of, good kill.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me all Mustangs sound like a flowmaster. Granted it can be a descent sound but I am tired of it, just like the rasping of an LS1 with a SLP LM. But as to the guy saying first time at a track Cobra's running 13's and a cammed LS1 running 14's, sounds like Bandimere in Colorado to me. My first experience there blew, seeing all those cars run a second short(at the time I was younger and never counted elevation.)

Dan, my guess V6, alot of guys are changing mufflers on those too, cars are becoming very sneaky lately....
Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
To me all Mustangs sound like a flowmaster. Granted it can be a descent sound but I am tired of it, just like the rasping of an LS1 with a SLP LM. But as to the guy saying first time at a track Cobra's running 13's and a cammed LS1 running 14's, sounds like Bandimere in Colorado to me. My first experience there blew, seeing all those cars run a second short(at the time I was younger and never counted elevation.)

Dan, my guess V6, alot of guys are changing mufflers on those too, cars are becoming very sneaky lately....
Sneaky bastards.. Wait, I think its only sneaky if they sneak past me when I'm WOT.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

But, like I stated earlier the kid is a douchebag.. I mean, for christs sakes.. his dad is a cop, and his brother sucks dicks..
What does his Dad being a cop have to do with anything? I'm a Po-po.............................................
Old 03-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
What does his Dad being a cop have to do with anything? I'm a Po-po.............................................
.. What in gods name are you doing chit chattin about street racin then?
.. And, uh.. things are dry here now, think you could hook me up with some confiscated crack rocks? Do it, and I'll goto the local track and outrun anyone on foot.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Angry

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Sorry, I avoided the point. Basically, the kid licks butts and I can't kick his trash talkin *** because he would tell his father... GROAR!