Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 300 zx last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man your friends cost you a 1/2 second in the quarter. 500lbs... LOL. Tell their asses to go on a diet if they want to ride along. Was the z28 scraping the exhaust when you got on the gas? At least you didn't have any traction issues...
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain
http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...ral&dtSearch=0

How about 402 HP and 450 FT LBS on stock turbos/intercoolers, and injectors. You should really research before you spew information.

Specialty Z also made 450 RWHP and 500 FT LBS on a stock turbo car. So you apparently have not checked your information within the last 3-4 years or so.
Too bad there's a lot of bullshit you neglect to mention. He's running the car on 100 octane, and spraying the intercooler with alcohol after each run. You're not going to see that on the street. Not to mention its only a matter of time before that motor needs new turbos and headgaskets, stupid ricers
Old 03-10-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Too bad there's a lot of bullshit you neglect to mention. He's running the car on 100 octane, and spraying the intercooler with alcohol after each run. You're not going to see that on the street. Not to mention its only a matter of time before that motor needs new turbos and headgaskets, stupid ricers
i think someone is jealous
Old 03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
***Repost Police***

And if he had upgraded his injectors, he probably wouldn't need to run 100 octane... and if he upgraded the intercooler, he wouldn't need to spray the stock one with alcohol (cooling effect). So I'd say the car could still make 400rwhp on the stock turbos. And the VG30DETT is a pretty stout motor, so 400rwhp is not the benchmark.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Banned

You're not going to see that on the street.
Who said anything about the street? I was just correcting someone who made a false statement.

No need to get all upset because your badass WS6 can't do that with an air filter, exhaust, boost controller and race gas.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
i think someone is jealous
Yea. Real jealous of his pile of crap ricer...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

Why is every Japanese car a ricer? I'm pretty sure the built quality is far better than most American cars (plastic interior FTL). That and they hold their value.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthX3
Why is every Japanese car a ricer? I'm pretty sure the built quality is far better than most American cars (plastic interior FTL). That and they hold their value.
Let's not start this again. We just went through like 11 pages of this in another thread. Everyone has their own opinion. Don't try to change it. It's not going to work. Let the ignorant be ignorant. Keep in mind not everyone has to love imports just because they can be made fast with enough money and they hold their value. I think we all knew the interiors in F-body's were junk before we bought them. It doesn't bother me at all. People on this board are going to call it a ricer if they want to. No amount of information you supply is going to change that. Your sig doesn't help the argument either. I guarantee someone would point out that your modded (lightly I know)TT car ran a stock F-body time. I'm just giving you the heads up from what I have seen people do/say on this board.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who said anything about the street? I was just correcting someone who made a false statement.

No need to get all upset because your badass WS6 can't do that with an air filter, exhaust, boost controller and race gas.
it was a street encounter so he was talking about a street race not really the track. And there is always cars that make more power with bitchin tunes and good weather, but for a general statement that is pretty accurate.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not every import is a ricer when people say that they are messing around and trying to get reactions, please dont get a flame war going on here.

Statements like that is what make people call imports ricers because of the superior thought that import owners have thinking that imports are built so much better. And you are complaining about people calling imports ricers and then you say something like that to bash domestics quality. Come on man.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Trolling TFL. I hope you at least have ridden in an Fbody to come on here and stir up stuff in the SRK section...
Old 03-10-2008, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Enough said for the troll.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Yea. Real jealous of his pile of crap ricer...
At the moment I drive a Dodge, a Pontiac, and an Audi. Thanks for playing.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Banned

God, the ricer trolls poor in here like water over a damn

Better quality?? Don't get me started on that, because I'll tear you up with plenty examples of asian vehicles that are complete garbage.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

God, the ricer trolls poor in here like water over a damn

Better quality?? Don't get me started on that, because I'll tear you up with plenty examples of asian vehicles that are complete garbage.
Its pour not poor. Do you really hate imports so much or are you just giving these guys ****? I'm not a huge import fan except for BMW's (as a daily driver not a track car) but Jebus man you seem to bash them every chance you get. Just curious.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Its pour not poor. Do you really hate imports so much or are you just giving these guys ****? I'm not a huge import fan except for BMW's (as a daily driver not a track car) but Jebus man you seem to bash them every chance you get. Just curious.
I know its "pour", typo.

I don't mind imports. BMW's and such are real nice cars. I just hate jap cars and the whole "tuner scene", its just gay as hell. Small 4 and 6 cylinder engines, farts cans, and ugly body kits are just retarded, I don't undrstand how anyone can think its "cool" or looks nice. They are a bitch to work on, most of them break because they have shity powertrains, and they look and sound like ****. Why the hell anyone likes that crap, I don't know.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I know its "pour", typo.

I don't mind imports. BMW's and such are real nice cars. I just hate jap cars and the whole "tuner scene", its just gay as hell. Small 4 and 6 cylinder engines, farts cans, and ugly body kits are just retarded, I don't undrstand how anyone can think its "cool" or looks nice. They are a bitch to work on, most of them break because they have shity powertrains, and they look and sound like ****. Why the hell anyone likes that crap, I don't know.
I know it was a typo but was just pointing it out. I understand where you are coming from now. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...ral&dtSearch=0

How about 402 HP and 450 FT LBS on stock turbos/intercoolers, and injectors. You should really research before you spew information.

Specialty Z also made 450 RWHP and 500 FT LBS on a stock turbo car. So you apparently have not checked your information within the last 3-4 years or so.
Read my post again..16 psi? No way a Z on the stock turbos are making 400rwhp on 16 psi. Those turbos are smaller than the Supras stock CT12's.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I know it was a typo but was just pointing it out. I understand where you are coming from now. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
No prob, glad you can see what I'm talking about
Old 03-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

"Well got my 300ZXTT on the dyno the other day. Put down 405.32 RWHP and 442.94 lb/ft or torque, on stock turbos, intercoolers and injectors! The record for most HP on stock turbos for my car is 420, and ive never even been tuned! In about 3-4 months i should have my Intercooler and Injectors, and hopfully have been tuned. Just lettin yall know! This print out is just HP, the other print out with HP and TORQUE got messed up and gonna have to scan again, enjoy!"

Sheet:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...o/TTZdyno1.jpg