Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 300 zx last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
So first its your opinion that Jap cars are more "reliable" than American cars, now its a "fact"

Considering you own a Stealth (Mitsubitchi) you should be the last one to be talking about reliability. I've seen some **** poor build quality and reliability before, but the Stealth/3000GT is one of the worst. Interior is crap, engine is crap, transmission is crap, transfer case is crap, turbos are crap, the whole damn car is a pile of crap. Those cars are known for being broken down more often then they are up and running.

I've owned nothing but American cars, but my family's had a variety of both japanese, german, and American vehicles. My last car was a '90 Cavalier with 220,000 miles on it, all original engine and transmission. Drove like a champ and its still on the road right now. My Grand Prix has 158,000 miles on it, and the old 3800 S/C is still running like the day it was new. I can make a nice list for you of all the piece of **** jap cars I've had to deal with if you't like, maybe you'll get a reality check of what's reliable and what isn't.

Lets face it, all manufactures have made turds at one point or another. Doesn't matter if they are Japanese, American, English, French, German, Italian, Chinese, or Indian car companies. Give me a nameplate, and I can tell you at least 3 turd cars they've made.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every manufacturer has their fair share of shitty cars. THAT is a fact. 4th gen F-body's happen to not be on that list. I think we can say that is a fact.

I noticed that your list of domestic cars only has 1 GM vehicle on it. You can't really base "All domestics are crap" off of like 3 cars.

People always talk about the vette interior and how shitty it is. I own an S-10 and I can tell you it is a lot better than that.

You also have to look at weight. The curb weight on a vette is pretty damn low. Lets start bolting up a polished aluminum dash with billet ***** and wood grain inlays. Lets give it 48 way adjustable seats with a massager and a built in ball scratcher while we're there.

That is definitely not where the corvette is meant to go. It started out as a bare bones American sports car. They have made some compromises in the past 2 generations. Now there is a HUD, navigation, a decent sound system, and nicer seats among other things.

You have to realize if you want to have your cake and eat it too buy a $200k ferrari. Then get passed at the track by a Z06.

Quit trolling an Fbody forum spouting "facts" that are opinions no one cares about and buy a real car.

I just saw a thread today where a guy has 260,000 miles on his head/cam/stall LS1 camaro. Reliability is a moot point.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

StealthX3, do yourself a favor and refrain from posting on here.

lol @ "Its a fact"
Old 03-17-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

who let the mullet king out of his trailer again
Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

I think it boils down to how one person care for a car. The maker has a little to do with it. Yes I seen some dodge,chevy,cars and trucks with over 200k on the clock. Oh and fords. Sorry! But if you treat it right it will treat you right. But if your a ditsy dumb *** who race their car and drive the **** out of it and throw shitty parts on it the yes it will take a **** on you. You should treat your car they way you drive it. If your a racer then yes its more work to keep it up. If its your dd and racer thats even worse. But if its just your dd then it is not so Bad.

This message was type by a T.W.I

Last edited by OUTLAWZ RACING; 03-17-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: um....
Old 03-17-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think that American car companies make the best sports car dollar for dollar and i know that GM has def. been making some badass regular cars to. Just look at the new malibus n silveradoes. They are gorgeous buts thats just my oppinion
Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
who let the mullet king out of his trailer again
I don't know, go back inside before your neighbors call the cops again retard.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:04 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 180ls1
I have rode in one i actually raced the guy who has it and it is a damn good runner but i am 6'3" and i just did not fit as well in it as i did in an f body. Trust me i have and i am not blowing smoke. But i will agree that japan makes better every day ccommuter cars but not specialty built cars for example trucks and fast cars. And you also have to deal with a more expensive price tag with an import. I would have had to pay quite a bit more then i did if i wanted an import that would be as fast as my camaro and still have good reliabality.
My old Frontier ('05) actually costs a few thousand less than a comparable Colorado... V6/6spd, 265hp and 284lb/ft
Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know, go back inside before your neighbors call the cops again retard.
that was retarded, you fail. give up.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

in the end though its still a frontier lol
Old 03-19-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
in the end though its still a frontier lol
Yet it has more power and is bigger than the crappy Colorado.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
My old Frontier ('05) actually costs a few thousand less than a comparable Colorado... V6/6spd, 265hp and 284lb/ft
well you got a deal but in general everyone agrees that imports cost more. What is your point that some can be found for less? That is true, but not usually the case.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
***Repost Police***

My point was that depending on the kind/class of vehicle you're looking for, imports can sometimes be cheaper or equal in price to a comparable domestic. In the case of my Frontier, even if it had been $3k MORE than the Colorado, I still would have gotten it. The Colorado/Canyon is a big joke in my book.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dnt know about that i have a friend with one n its pretty nice. Its comfy, reliable n gets decent gas mileage. Oh and its a chevy lol
Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
My point was that depending on the kind/class of vehicle you're looking for, imports can sometimes be cheaper or equal in price to a comparable domestic. In the case of my Frontier, even if it had been $3k MORE than the Colorado, I still would have gotten it. The Colorado/Canyon is a big joke in my book.
Colorado won't be a "joke" when it gets a V8 next year. Its a capable truck - decent interior, stout chassis, nice looking, affordable - but in fully loaded crew cab 4x4 form, the I5 is just not enough.

The Frontier is garbage just like the Titan, they stick a powerful engine in it to try and get people to buy into it. Too bad the chassis and transmission and just about everything else about the truck still sucks.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
that was retarded, you fail. give up.
The truth hurts, doesn't it trailer trash??
Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
I dnt know about that i have a friend with one n its pretty nice. Its comfy, reliable n gets decent gas mileage. Oh and its a chevy lol
Mine was bigger, cheaper, considerably more powerful, and got ~23-25mpg average... add in the fun factor with the 6spd manual (I even took it to the track), and that made it more than good enough for me
Colorado won't be a "joke" when it gets a V8 next year. Its a capable truck - decent interior, stout chassis, nice looking, affordable - but in fully loaded crew cab 4x4 form, the I5 is just not enough.

The Frontier is garbage just like the Titan, they stick a powerful engine in it to try and get people to buy into it. Too bad the chassis and transmission and just about everything else about the truck still sucks.
Well tell you what... when you drive one 20k miles in 3 months (yes, that's 200 miles a day) then you can try and educate me on how much "garbage" it is
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The truth hurts, doesn't it trailer trash??
its funny how you always call me trailer trash but i think its the other way around ignorant ****. its funny how stupid you are.

you should have been a *******
Old 03-20-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a capable truck - decent interior, stout chassis, nice looking, affordable - but in fully loaded crew cab 4x4 form, the I5 is just not enough.
is this a joke? decent interior? LOL
Old 03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Hey! I was trailer trash..I think. I mean I grew up in a trailer in arkansas and my cousin was hot. hmmmmm I miss those days