Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 300 zx last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well I'm NEVER gonna buy a McLaren F1, but it's still an awesome car. Just because you wouldn't/can't buy something, doesn't mean you can't acknowledge its merits
Could not agree with you more!
The key word is in bold in your post above.
I almost always acknowledge a car's; merits/performance/performance potential.
I only question the ridiculous, over-the-top, WRONG BS that comes about from 16 year olds playing their 'telephone game' with certain worshipped imports (in other words their urban legends about these rides is all of a sudden accepted as fact ).

I just refuse to be told that I MUST "respect" (or want to own) a certain make, model or nameplate in order to be considered a "true enthusiast".
As much as most of you just cannot comprehend this, there IS a difference between acknowledgement and respect (EVEN if you think it is only semantics).
Old 03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
***Repost Police***

So you don't/can't respect the fact that Supras have gone 9s (maybe faster?) on stock shortblocks, and 8s on stock 6spds? And you can't respect the fact that the RB26DETT and 2JZ-GTE *can* hold over 1,000hp on the stock shortblocks? Just because somebody can acknowledge AND respect that, doesn't make them a "fanboi."
Old 03-20-2008, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

But SleeperCibby was not saying you MUST do anything. He was just saying a fun car is a fun car regardless of what country its from. He was not saying that unless you own them all you don't know. It seemed like you were being to hard on him for saying that.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

So you don't/can't respect the fact that Supras have gone 9s (maybe faster?) on stock shortblocks, and 8s on stock 6spds? And you can't respect the fact that the RB26DETT and 2JZ-GTE *can* hold over 1,000hp on the stock shortblocks?
No. Because I do not "respect" inanimate objects, especially ones that (at one time, when purchased new at least) did exclusively support (could NOT claim transplant builds for these!) what I view as an economic/trade enemy of ours (yes, even though we traded/still trade with them, albeit however biased to their advantage<-and this last bit is the WHOLE point!!).
Respect is something that can only pertain to/be applicable to living, breathing, people. You know, human beings. OK?
Just like the racism that all of you love to paint the ones who will only buy domestics with (WRONGLY) can only be applied to the act of hating a specific race of PEOPLE.
These are not terribly difficult points to understand/comprehend, but it seems import defense vehemency clouds one's vision/thoughts.

Just because somebody can acknowledge AND respect that, doesn't make them a "fanboi."
Yes, you are right.
But when they worship and claim to be willing to give their right and left nuts for one of them (especially over ANYTHING else out there), then that is most definitely the epitome of fanboyism.

Last edited by dailydriver; 03-20-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dailydriver

Yes, you are right.
But when they worship and claim to be willing to give their right and left nuts for one of them (especially over ANYTHING else out there), then that is most definitely the epitome of fanboyism.
you called several of us fanboys at one time, where did we ever say anything like this?

basically we said they have a good engine or theyre nice cars.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Imports suck, imports rule, domestics suck, domestics rule, this thread has been touched by the finger of a balllicker.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
Imports suck, imports rule, domestics suck, domestics rule, this thread has been touched by the finger of a balllicker.
True, but I dont think anybody came here claiming domestics suck.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just like daily driver i will not buy a foriegn car jsut for the fact that they are driving our economy down plus they are still gay lol
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

buy used, problem solved
Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
its funny how you always call me trailer trash but i think its the other way around ignorant ****. its funny how stupid you are.

you should have been a *******
You are trailer trash. All you do is call names and talk ****, stop stealing wifi from your neighbors trailer and get off the internet.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SleeperCibby
Ahahahaha

Thats cool that you think that, but too bad nobody cares about your shitty opinion.

1. Not everybody has the same taste
2. not every import has fartcans and retarded bodykits. Ive owned a lot of imports and none of mine had any of that bullshit.
Too bad for you, because I'll still post it whether you like it or not. You can sit there and cry like a little bitch all you want, its funny for me.

Thats great that you've owned a lot of riceburners. Go get yourself a cookie.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SleeperCibby
No he obviously does not know the difference between a walmart mexican ricer and a real tuner. Hes just an ignorant dumbass. I live in the south I deal with these kind of people on a daily basis trust me, they really do think like that.
Thats what ever ricer says.

"Yo dawg I'm not a ricer, I'm a tuner"

Sure you are, and so is everyone else with a Honda Civic
Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Thats what ever ricer says.

"Yo dawg I'm not a ricer, I'm a tuner"

Sure you are, and so is everyone else with a Honda Civic
You know you may be going a little far with some of your posts here and in the Evo thread. Its my opinion and you can of course ignore it but damn man.