Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stupid gay ricers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
I'd kick all your asses in a race, a fight, or a competition to see who could cook the best salmon. ;p
hahahahaha
Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd kick all your asses in a race, a fight, or a competition to see who could cook the best salmon. ;p
Doubtful, doubtful and if you want to be Martha Stewart and cook salmon go ahead.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to see Martha Stewart work on an Alaskan fishing boat for 2 years
Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MagnaTransAm0098
hahahahaha
I like your quote about idiots, thats good. Real good. I gotta remember that!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha! That made my day.

OP. You'll probably lose to this guy. He's a weenie for not wanting to race, but it's probably just saving you from looking dumb. Hell, my neon could beat you too...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Haha! That made my day.

OP. You'll probably lose to this guy. He's a weenie for not wanting to race, but it's probably just saving you from looking dumb. Hell, my neon could beat you too...
your neon huh? and how am i going to look dumb?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

I had that tingly sensation that there was gonna be fight involving a Marine and had to come in just in case.

Dan
Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to ask a stupid question here. I've only driven an Evo once (VIII) and I don't know too much about them, but what is the big deal with launching them? Everyone says, "well, if he can launch it then you are in trouble from a dig, but 99% of the drivers out there can't launch them". This is the quote in 99% of the Evo threads out there, so here is my question:

What the hell is so hard about launching an AWD car? It's AWD. Rev it to the moon and dump the freakin clutch; it's not going to sit there spinning on you if there are anything but bald tires on it. Am I missing something here?

From what I've read and learned by talking to people, it's not so much that people aren't able to launch the cars as much as they aren't willing to launch them properly because the stock clutches just don't hold up well to real high RPM clutch dumps. Someone please correct me or give me some insight on this if I'm wrong.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-13-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Yea. Tons of people. So many people that there is no documentation in the registry on one of the biggest evolution forums on the net

Like I said, the majority of people aren't retarded enough to launch the car hard enough to run the kinds of times that the magazines pull anyway. It fries the clutch horribly and can easily break drivetrain parts. Those transmissions are garbage to begin with, and doing that kind of crap only makes it worse. And without the 6K clutch drop, you aren't going to run anywhere near high 12's. More like high 13's.
having been on evom for over 3 years sense i purchased my evo, i didn't even know there was a registry that listed 1/4 mile times. you can check out the drag forum though and find a list of 12-13 sec cars, 11-12sec cars and <12 sec cars. i'm also a vendor there so i use the site far more extensively then your average joe. so i would say your list of stock evos on the1/4 mile is not very representative of what the car is capable of. basic bolt ons on an evo 8 or 9 and your in the 12s with even your average driver.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
So you're saying he doesn't stand a chance in a faster car because he might not be able to drive? That's pretty damn stupid to assume.
Who said anything about a faster car? *Quicker* car? Maybe, with someone that knows how to launch without bogging the car. Why is it dumb to assume? Launching an AWD car is no easy task and this ricer sounds like his head is too far up his *** anyways.

Originally Posted by Nitrous_Junkie_SVT
I would think any dipshit could launch an AWD car, it's not going to spin.
Thats just it, you want a little bit of spin with an AWD launch. You need to slip the every loving **** out of the clutch to keep it from bogging. Either way, its not easy.

From my experience with launching AWD cars(my only experience is beatin the **** outa my x's parents Subaru Outback, so I aint tryin to act like I know what I'm talkin about) is that unless you launch them perfectly they tend to bog down shortly after the launch, kinda like tryin to do a burnout in an f-body with asr on..
Bingo

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I need to ask a stupid question here. I've only driven an Evo once (VIII) and I don't know too much about them, but what is the big deal with launching them? Everyone says, "well, if he can launch it then you are in trouble from a dig, but 99% of the drivers out there can't launch them". This is the quote in 99% of the Evo threads out there, so here is my question:

What the hell is so hard about launching an AWD car? It's AWD. Rev it to the moon and dump the freakin clutch; it's not going to sit there spinning on you if there are anything but bald tires on it. Am I missing something here?

From what I've read and learned by talking to people, it's not so much that people aren't able to launch the cars as much as they aren't willing to launch them properly because the stock clutches just don't hold up well to real high RPM clutch dumps. Someone please correct me or give me some insight on this if I'm wrong.
Refer to my answer to nitrous junkie and or what Danimus said.

Last edited by lilbuddy1587; 03-13-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha! That made my day.

Why don't you race me with your neon, we're both in AZ. Show me just how "bad ***" that FWD monster is
Old 03-13-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
I had that tingly sensation that there was gonna be fight involving a Marine and had to come in just in case.

Dan
Semper Fi buddy

This post has gotten WAY out of hand. It needs to be closed riiiight.......now!
No one has even answered my question.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Why don't you race me with your neon, we're both in AZ. Show me just how "bad ***" that FWD monster is
Your car is not the same as the OPs. I was making the point that the EVO guy had a faster car. I also conceded that he (the evo guy) sounds like a goober for not wanting to race, but just talk crap. Anyways, I'll race you in my SS.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Who said anything about a faster car? *Quicker* car? Maybe, with someone that knows how to launch without bogging the car. Why is it dumb to assume? Launching an AWD car is no easy task and this ricer sounds like his head is too far up his *** anyways.
The original posted said something about a faster car when he simply mentioned a modded EVO9 and his camaro. The Evo9 has him covered by a full second, easily. We know nothing about the drivers of the cars and to assume that the Evo driver is such a bad driver that his 1sec faster car can't make up the difference is a dumb assumption to make, period. The EVO is faster than the f-body, it's a fact. Everything you are saying beyond that is an assumption, fact.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

The creator of, and solution to, all of lifes problems.

Nitrous.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
The original posted said something about a faster car when he simply mentioned a modded EVO9 and his camaro. The Evo9 has him covered by a full second, easily. We know nothing about the drivers of the cars and to assume that the Evo driver is such a bad driver that his 1sec faster car can't make up the difference is a dumb assumption to make, period. The EVO is faster than the f-body, it's a fact. Everything you are saying beyond that is an assumption, fact.
A full second in the 1/4 means the car is QUICKER. If we were to look at trap speeds, the F-body *should* be FASTER. Both cars are modded not just one or the other. For you to say that the EVO is flat out a mid 12 second car is an ASSumption. Just because its capable doesnt mean its running the number. What does that revert back to? Oh thats right, my arguement about launching the car.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your car is not the same as the OPs. I was making the point that the EVO guy had a faster car. I also conceded that he (the evo guy) sounds like a goober for not wanting to race, but just talk crap. Anyways, I'll race you in my SS.
Sounds good to me buddy
Old 03-13-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A full second in the 1/4 means the car is QUICKER. If we were to look at trap speeds, the F-body *should* be FASTER. Both cars are modded not just one or the other. For you to say that the EVO is flat out a mid 12 second car is an ASSumption. Just because its capable doesnt mean its running the number. What does that revert back to? Oh thats right, my arguement about launching the car.
You're an incompetent jackass to try to make up your own definition of quicker vs. faster

In a 1/4 mile race the EVO will assrape the LS1, it's a fact. The driver may or may not, that is your ASSumption (clever PUN, jackass). Stick to the facts and stop trying to play on words and variables that you know nothing about, like the EVO driver.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

The OP ran a 13.4.. shitty time for his mods as this is a stock LS1 time. Says he could run a 13.0, very believable. An evo with intake, exhaust, and tune is a 12.0 car? If so, I'm impressed. Everyone here skews the argument in their favor. It's retarded.

Quick Reply: stupid gay ricers