Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So i "raced" a R34 SKYLINE GT-S.. lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain
A stock GTR will be a drivers race with an LS1.

Import fans(ricers) react to a skyline the same way domestic fans(hicks) react to a Corvette. The only difference is one can go around corners.
No there is a definate difference between domestic fans and import fans, if I need to explain it then your definatly a import fan and wouldn't understand anyways...
Old 03-15-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
I'll tell you guys what, I was crabby as hell all day. But, then, I come on here and start reading this stuff, and I can't help but be happier than Richard Simmons.
Is this before or after you touched your friends ***?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

I am a car fan, try to categorize me if you like.

I guess thats why a Z06 will be withing a couple seconds of a pro-driver GTR around the ring DESPITE BEING ON GODAMN RUN FLATS versus the R compounds of a GTR. Yeah, Vettes have a real problem there. Its so bad they compete with the best. Tell me you are kidding. Please.
We were discussing previous generations of GTR's and Corvettes. Nobody said anything about a z06 and the new GTR. But BTW, how come the z06 is slower? It is lighter, has more HP, and a bigger engine.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Slow bike that would put buses on your ls1 and is 10x more fun

To sum this up -

Stock skylines are slow

Nobody likes Danimus' hood, cheesy decals, and Mudflaps

1/4 throttle acceleration is a race

LS1 is god

Imports are always superior
You had forgotten one thing so I fixed it for ya. LOL
Old 03-15-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We were discussing previous generations of GTR's and Corvettes. Nobody said anything about a z06 and the new GTR. But BTW, how come the z06 is slower? It is lighter, has more HP, and a bigger engine.
I hear alot of complaints about the stock tires that come on the vette. I don't know anything about it but I've heard some bitchin in other threads about them. Another and probably the biggest reason is AWD. That's a big advantage. 505 horse through 2 tires that aren't that good (so I here) your going to have some traction issues. My guess is that's why the skyline is posting better times. I would like to see what they post with the same but better tires. Put some R compounds on both and see what happens, I think that would be a little more definative but it doesn't matter. There's no denying that the new GT-R is a fine car which seems to be what you wanted to here. But I would want to see a test with good tires on both cars before you get too definative on which is faster.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Launching!

A stock GTR will be a drivers race with an LS1.

Import fans(ricers) react to a skyline the same way domestic fans(hicks) react to a Corvette. The only difference is one can go around corners.
Like i said before, I sell real JDM cars and have driven many different model Sklines. No way a stock GT-R is a drivers race with a stock LS1. Maybe the
R34 V-spec II model would put up a good fight, it would get the LS1 out the hole and be hard to catch but a LS1 should catch it.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Teching In

the gt-s is not that fast and not even worth paying for to tell u the truth... unless it is a GT-R this kill is not really that special.... as far as ricer god goes people dont really care about the GT-S tuner magazines will tell u that it is a waste of money the GT-R is the power house and should be the one that you have to beat before talking about the skyline

did u forget that the skyline is rivals with the supra and the RB has almost the same potential as the 2jz??? we all kno what the supra can do and it is said that the skyline can do almost the same and have awd backing it...i love muscle cars but down talking the skyline is like down talking the vette it just isnt cool show some respect
Old 03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

First of all "previous" gen (C4/C5) Vettes could go around turns quite well (with the right tires), thank you.
YES, even as well as your sacred, 'Nippon God' previous gen GTRs.

Next; we don't know for sure IF your next gen object of worship GTR IS in fact faster than the current C6 Z06 around your precious 'Ring'.
Until someone takes examples of each, randomly off of the showroom floor (with NO pre-warning of the manufacturers, preventing them from sending a "ringer"), puts them on EQUAL compounded tires, and has the same driver test them around that track within 20 minutes of each other, we will NEVER know.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

First of all "previous" gen (C4/C5) Vettes could go around turns quite well (with the right tires),
Just about any car can with the right mods.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rocksws6
My guess is that's why the skyline is posting better times.
Where exactly is that happening?
Old 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

R33 Skyline 300 ft skidpad 0.94g, R34 Skyline 200 ft skidpad 0.89g. (Taken from skylinegtr.com)

C5 Z06 300 ft skidpad 1.03g.

Best runs on the the Nürburgring:
C5 Z06 7:56 (stock)
Nissan R33 GT-R 7:59 (speed limiter removed)
Nissan R33 GT-R 8:01 (stock)

So where exactly is it that the previous generation Skylines "go around the corners" faster than the previous generation Corvettes?

EDIT: Heck even the C6 Z51 (heavier and less hp than the C5 Z06) did a 7:59 stock. The R33 was the fastest Skyline around Nürburgring prior to the current incarnation of the GT-R (which ran on R compounds).

Last edited by Azrael; 03-16-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Fine, lets look at C5s. Not exactly handling deficient considering the amount of racing success they have had not only in pro circles but also at your local autoX and track.

And regarding the second point, did you maybe miss the huge comment in caps about the tires on the Z? Tires make a huge difference in lap times and anyone even commenting on handling ought to know that.

Show me a shoot-out with both cars on say Falken RT-615s in their respective stock sizes and I'll show you a loss for the GTR, which is heavier, lower powered, and no, not a better handler.

I will grant you that the GTR will be easier for a novice to drive fast than a Z, but to say that C5s cant handle is pretty damn stupid. And honestly I think you know that and said it just to stir **** up. If you dont, maybe its time to either learn a bit or talk about politics. Or run for office.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Pinokio.
Pinokio? What is that, like a Communist Pinocchio?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

lmfao. He said vette's are handling deficient. I forget which magazine it was, but I read their first drive of the new skyline around the ring's short course.

It sounded more like launching a space shuttle than driving a car. This thing is super high tech. I'm not into the computer doing all the driving for me.

But for someone who wants a quick car, that has really good street manners and a higher IQ than the driver, it sounds cool. I'm not taking anything from the new one or the previous gen skylines. They are great cars. But I know you didn't just call out C5 and C6 vettes. I'm speechless after that.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Azrael
R33 Skyline 300 ft skidpad 0.94g, R34 Skyline 200 ft skidpad 0.89g. (Taken from skylinegtr.com)

C5 Z06 300 ft skidpad 1.03g.

Best runs on the the Nürburgring:
C5 Z06 7:56 (stock)
Nissan R33 GT-R 7:59 (speed limiter removed)
Nissan R33 GT-R 8:01 (stock)

So where exactly is it that the previous generation Skylines "go around the corners" faster than the previous generation Corvettes?

EDIT: Heck even the C6 Z51 (heavier and less hp than the C5 Z06) did a 7:59 stock. The R33 was the fastest Skyline around Nürburgring prior to the current incarnation of the GT-R (which ran on R compounds).

Skylines are gay, the only people that cream their pants over those things are stupid ricers.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

No the only people that don't realize that those are great motors are people here.

The RB motor is a great motor. My friend had an RB25DET making 407 whp on pump gas with just bolt ons.
RB26 which is from the GTRs can make more on the same setup just because of the cams and intake setup (ITBs). 600 has been seen on those motors in stock form.

Just cause its not a V8 doesn't mean its not fast or cant make power. And an AWD platform with 600 hp. Not to many street cars out there that would hang without slicks.

Also Stock RBs are slow and I personally wouldn't brag about beating one. Thats just me though.

Also I was wondering what did the Nur Spec Skyline run on the Ring?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Pinokio? What is that, like a Communist Pinocchio?
Hey I tried
Old 03-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6

Skylines are gay, the only people that cream their pants over those things are stupid ricers.
Skylines are very far from gay and if you actually believe what you just said you are a ignorant as hell.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:58 AM
***Repost Police***

Just to add fuel to the fire (which is kinda gay in the first place), I read that the new GTR made 475hp at the wheels on a four-wheel Dynapack...
Old 03-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Skylines are very far from gay and if you actually believe what you just said you are a ignorant as hell.
Ignore the troll