Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SleeperCibby
IgnoreLIST the troll
Fixed. Works amazingly well.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain

Import fans(ricers) react to a skyline the same way domestic fans(hicks) react to a Corvette. The only difference is one can go around corners.
Vette > Skyline.

I haven't seen many results from the new GT-R's, but as of right now I would prefer the C6 Z06 over them as well. That is assuming I could afford either.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Vette > Skyline.

I haven't seen many results from the new GT-R's, but as of right now I would prefer the C6 Z06 over them as well. That is assuming I could afford either.

Yea thats the thing, you cant afford either, so shut your mouth. In a few years i'll be able to afford both at the same time, and I probably will buy both.

You drive a rice burner anyways what are you doing here? DSMFAN? WTF?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

I found out last night that my F-body doesn't corner as well as I hoped(my back tires are balder than Mikhail Gorbechev) as I came flying around a desert corner only to be thrust sideways into oncoming traffic @ about 65 Haha. I handled it without problem, but my heart almost stopped and I proceeded to NOT drive like a maniac the rest of the evening.
Almost as bad as the time I was pullin like 130 through some MN one way highway tunnels, only to see some I D I O T coming at me about the same speed. Nothin like a highspeed brake-lock lane change into thick traffic. Goddamnit.
I tell ya people, it isn't safe to drive fast anywhere. I do it in the country, I'm roasting venison. Do it on the street, the cops are gonna get me, or worse. Do it in a tunnel on the highway, some drunk jackass doesn't know where the hell he is. It's a damn good thing I only live like 10 miles from the strip! I'll get out there one of these days..
Old 03-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
I found out last night that my F-body doesn't corner as well as I hoped(my back tires are balder than Mikhail Gorbechev) as I came flying around a desert corner only to be thrust sideways into oncoming traffic @ about 65 Haha. I handled it without problem, but my heart almost stopped and I proceeded to NOT drive like a maniac the rest of the evening.
Almost as bad as the time I was pullin like 130 through some MN one way highway tunnels, only to see some I D I O T coming at me about the same speed. Nothin like a highspeed brake-lock lane change into thick traffic. Goddamnit.
I tell ya people, it isn't safe to drive fast anywhere. I do it in the country, I'm roasting venison. Do it on the street, the cops are gonna get me, or worse. Do it in a tunnel on the highway, some drunk jackass doesn't know where the hell he is. It's a damn good thing I only live like 10 miles from the strip! I'll get out there one of these days..

lol I did the same thing when I first got into my T/A. I hadnt drove a RWD powered car in a looong time so I was sliding turn.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Ha, have never owned any vehicles that weren't RWD/Manual Trans. Dude, when I got my 1st one I almost died all the time. It was awesome, sideways in the rain on highway on ramps with semis barrelin down on me and stuff. Oh how I miss the good ol days. I severely underestimated the sharpness of that desert bend, and severely overestimated the traction of my bald BFGs. I know now, so I won't let it happen again. Last thing I want is to be pickin' cactus out of my bumper.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Yea thats the thing, you cant afford either, so shut your mouth.
In a few years i'll be able to afford both at the same time, and I probably will buy both.
Nice one.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Nice one.

You, meaing you not me, F'in tard. Try learning english riceboy.

Oh is english your second language to crapanese?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Thats it, I'm sending a PM to a mod to get you banned.

jk
i always believed the ford guys could do this when i noticed one of the mods has a cobra! haha great stuff.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i always believed the ford guys could do this when i noticed one of the mods has a cobra! haha great stuff.
Then you are sadly mistaken.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

sorry was only a joke unit! and i was just checking out your sig, its pretty sweet, i never noticed the american flag under the car.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

sorry was only a joke unit! and i was just checking out your sig, its pretty sweet, i never noticed the american flag under the car.
*** kisser!!!

j/k
Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Crager made my sig for me. He's got some serious photoshop
skillz. That's a skyline picture of detroit, my car, and the American
flag. I own a GM, a Ford, and a Dodge. I support all US OEM's.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Crager made my sig for me. He's got some serious photoshop
skillz. That's a skyline picture of detroit, my car, and the American
flag. I own a GM, a Ford, and a Dodge. I support all US OEM's.
I never noticed the flag under the car either. But now that it has been pointed out it is a really nice touch.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Just to add fuel to the fire (which is kinda gay in the first place), I read that the new GTR made 475hp at the wheels on a four-wheel Dynapack...
Car&Driver just ran an 11.5 at 124mph. I think the problem is, most magazines do no want to be liable for launching an awd correctly. 124mph traps is moving, in a 3800llb vehicle.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by castillo
Car&Driver just ran an 11.5 at 124mph. I think the problem is, most magazines do no want to be liable for launching an awd correctly. 124mph traps is moving, in a 3800llb vehicle.
Not a $80,000 car at least.

The launch control feature isn't designed to be used in consecutive drag runs, it will simply burn out the clutch. And considering its an automated manual, I can only imagine the bill for a new clutch system would be somewhere in the few thousand dollar range. With the weight of the car and the fact that launch control revs the engine up near redline and drops the clutch, I can't see the clutch system lasting for more than about 8-10 hard launches. And if you don't use the launch control feature and save the clutch, you sure as hell aren't going to be running any 11.5's. More like low 12's, so right up there with an LS3 Vette which costs $30,000 less.

If I'm going to buy a car to go fast, I don't want a vehicle that compromises durability to do so. Hence why something like the Corvette is much better in my opinion - lower weight, more power, RWD, and a strong drivetrain that can take the abuse of track duty and racing without needing expensive driveline components replaced.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by castillo
It is, probably more than a high 470 crank HP rating will give in fact.

Time will tell how well the CD time stands. Honestly most of the "and" mags are garbage. They will sit there and show how car X is the best performer, cheaper, and oractical, then give the win in a comparo to the car with nice interior lighting or something. Their times are usualy junk too. Ask them what a stock LS1 will do and they will probably tell you 13.8 or something.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

^ The truth.

Though, to follow this logic, I believe a couple magazines must be renamed.
Autoandmobile
Motor and Trend et cetera.

Anyone know what a R-34 GT-R (vanilla) runs in the quarter? Magazine numbers, even? Or some for the V-Spec, V-SII, Nur, etc. I know they are very heavy but I expect they make great power under the curve - boosted straight sixes, plus the badass computerized all wheel drive system.

Last edited by Ballistic Jello; 03-22-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Tough to say. I have heard people claim that a GTR ran a high 11 stock.....with a tailwind in a hurricane

From what I have seen and from a few people I have talked to in real life, they make something a bit less than stock LS1 power levels, with a bit (and only a bit) more driveline loss, and a similar weight, but more aggressive gearing. The thing with the Skyline is that its AWD functions more or less like RWD much of the time, and does not waste much on the fronts in a roll-on situation.

I would guess pretty similar to an LS1 stock for stock. Maybe a bit quicker ET on street tires with a bit slower trap. Depending on track conditions and altatude and all that stuff which makes a big diff.

But thats the GTR. Not the base model stuff.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sparetire
It is, probably more than a high 470 crank HP rating will give in fact.

Time will tell how well the CD time stands. Honestly most of the "and" mags are garbage. They will sit there and show how car X is the best performer, cheaper, and oractical, then give the win in a comparo to the car with nice interior lighting or something. Their times are usualy junk too. Ask them what a stock LS1 will do and they will probably tell you 13.8 or something.
C&D is spot-on and probably the most respected of the magazines with fully disclosed testing procedures. Their trap speeds for automatics and automated manuals are spot-on. With true manuals the difference is they don't powershift.

They will launch using launch-control and brake torques. The reason why their ETs may be lower is they don't use drag-prep procedures like playing with tire pressure, prepping the surface, etc.

The actual instrumented road test of the GT-R isn't on their website. Was it a very recent test?