Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'00 Trans Am vs. "400+whp" MK3 Supra

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 Trans Am vs. "400+whp" MK3 Supra

Well, long story here, so bear with me.

A couple months ago, when the T/A was damn near stock. (By stock, I mean all I had was a Magnaflow catback.) I run into a blue MkIII Supra. It had the stock FMIC, if not MKIII specific, it was definitely yanked from something else. Paint was crap, orange peel to hell. MkIV turbo wheels in the back, and the stockies were painted black up front. The car was previously owned by a guy that rebuilt it with forged JE pistons, and refreshed everything else. Different turbo, exhuast..etc..etc..etc.. but clamed to have it to a tune of 400+whp. Why no specific numbers? Becuase I think hes full of ****, thats why.

Anywho, the car was in rough looking shape, but Im sure it could be something in the hands of the right person.

Back to the kill story, I run up on the current owner(younger guy..probably 16-17yrs old). I had no intention to race him, it was rather cold...and the Michelin Pilot Sports are possibly the shittiest tire on this earth. I get to about his passenger quarter panel and all of the sudden he downshifts and takes off. I noticed a bit of lag so I immediately make the assumption he has a bigger turbine. "highway car" I think to myself. After he shows off a bit, we end up at stopped at the same intersection. I look over at him, and hes already got the "12 oclock grip" like hes in Vin Diesel, haha. I hate that..anywho.. the light turns green and we both roll off reluctantly, and by some sheer coincidence, when I punched it from about 30mph, he didn't get into it until the transmission downshifted(A4). PERFECT TIMING!!

My car downshifts into 1st and pulls away. By some miracle of God, there wasn't a ton of wheelspin...just a hint, and then the tranny sifts into 2nd, and to my dismay, wheelspin. Out the ***. Hes gaining on me a bit as I'm experiencing the stock converter blues, and when Im back in the powerband I hold my ground. We're at about 75-80mph and I still have him by almost a car...and as we creep up towards 100mph hes at my rear bumper.

I shut it down becuase of a red light I see in te distance, and he flies by me, and gets into the left turn lane.

That was the last I saw of him. Good kill.

Anywho, lets fast-foward back to a couple days ago. The previous owner makes a thread on a local auto-x/circuit/drift forum that Im on. He posts a thread about his old supra...couple pics and videos. I claim that I beat that car at the hand of the current owner and he immediately starts a pity parade. He goes on about how the car was a low 12 second car and judging from the videos I watched....not even close. All he managed to show in video was how bad of a driver he was.

When I mention the car was slower than mine, and that I doubt it runs 12's, he starts running his mouth about how that if he still owned it he could "walk all over my Trans Am."

Personal insult shortly followed after I called him out in his current car, a Sc300 that is getting ready for a prehistoric T67 turbine.

Anyways, but the time hes done with that thing, I oughta have H/C and some tires. Maybe a little giggle juice... Hope the 10-bolt lasts for the sc300 slaying as well.

/novel.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Banned

good **** i hope you smoke him
Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

nice kill.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

im sorry, but the guys sc300, he is putting a 67mm turbo on it? and your seriously considering that NOT a problem? one of those turbos is good till 700-780HP. i only know this because im putting TWO of them on my cobra lol.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Its going on a stock 2JZ-GE. He is hoping for 500whp.

Now given the fact that he can't drive worth a damn, has no credible tuning capability( he thinks hes the ****), I have a fairly good chance of walking off on him.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Perhaps. The current T67 is not the same animal as the old T67. Lots of people are going "back" to it as its proving to have a nice set of characteristics for 600plus WHP over say a GT35R, which most still consider about the best all around turbo for big power in most cars.

Unfortuneately for that guy, one has to know WTF they are doing to extract that performance. And he definitely does not seem to know WTF he is doing LOL.

In any case, sweet kill on a hyped up POS. The next kill will be even funnier. I'm guessing he cheaps out on other stuff and basicly wastes a good turbo on a crap setup. Gotta love that.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Do I know you?? Whos building this car?? Want to meet up and do highway run with me?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Perhaps. The current T67 is not the same animal as the old T67. Lots of people are going "back" to it as its proving to have a nice set of characteristics for 600plus WHP over say a GT35R, which most still consider about the best all around turbo for big power in most cars.

Unfortuneately for that guy, one has to know WTF they are doing to extract that performance. And he definitely does not seem to know WTF he is doing LOL.

In any case, sweet kill on a hyped up POS. The next kill will be even funnier. I'm guessing he cheaps out on other stuff and basicly wastes a good turbo on a crap setup. Gotta love that.
I know a bit about the new T67(especially Precisions PT lineup). If he were to utilize a newer one and get it tuned RIGHT and set it up to hook, then I'd be afraid. Very afraid. This is definitely not the case, though.

Wade, this is Tim from MRS. You would/should/could beat me

but anywho, Ill run you anyways Ill shoot you a pm when I have some free time, I havn't seen your new car yet.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

I havent really run anyone in this car so please do. Id love to run some people.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Good kill!

Originally Posted by t . b o z
Hes gaining on me a bit as I'm experiencing the stock converter blues, and when Im back in the powerband I hold my ground.
It would take a pretty high stall converter to make a difference after the car shifted to second from 6K rpm's in first. What does the tack drop to? 3500 rpm?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kill!

It would take a pretty high stall converter to make a difference after the car shifted to second from 6K rpm's in first. What does the tack drop to? 3500 rpm?
Roughly, but it felt as if the car lugged a little becuase there was a hint of wheelspin going into 2nd.

But I really don't have a good idea of what the tires are doing, they are REALLY quiet when they spin. I hate the stock converter, do many dead spots in the powerband. Its like "oh yea shes pulling good, *shift* awwwwww ,wtf"
Old 03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I havent really run anyone in this car so please do. Id love to run some people.
Sweet, you have exhuast from headers back, right? Cant wait to hear it.

BTW, what color is PBM?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by t . b o z
Sweet, you have exhuast from headers back, right? Cant wait to hear it.

BTW, what color is PBM?
Its actually from the cats back, no headers yet. Im getting some soon though.

PBM is Phantom Metallic Black. Funny hting is I had the car for 2 weeks before I noticed the metallic flakes in the black. Didnt even see it in the dealers lot.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

Ha ha it took you that long to notice the pretty gold flakes?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Ha ha it took you that long to notice the pretty gold flakes?
Yeah lol. I just never really payed attention to it. I thought it was just black. Guess I should of known since it is a metallic black.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill! Supra owners seem to be cocky and arrogant as hell, atleast around my neck of the woods, glad to hear about a TA stomping one.

Quick Reply: '00 Trans Am vs. "400+whp" MK3 Supra