Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

civic with Gredyy turbo and intercooler 14lbs of boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default civic with Gredyy turbo and intercooler 14lbs of boost

So tonight I am going to race a civic with Greddy turbo and intercooler with 14 lbs of boost and i think it has the bigger motor plus he claims it weighs 1900 lbs vs. my mods in my sig wat do u guys think? prolly gunna go from a dig
Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

if hes really on 14psi hes gonna get u pretty good from a roll, only chance is from a dig....
Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Launching!

For every Honda that claims all that crap there are a dozen 14 second cars.

I bet you destroy him. I bet he is completely full of crap just like 95% of the people who are into this stuff.

But I gotta tell ya. Lots of what if type threads lately with no real races happening. Hope this one works out.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
For every Honda that claims all that crap there are a dozen 14 second cars.

I bet you destroy him. I bet he is completely full of crap just like 95% of the people who are into this stuff.

But I gotta tell ya. Lots of what if type threads lately with no real races happening. Hope this one works out.
True to a sad extent.. Hope the race actually goes down before this thread gets stupid too.

"IF" its really a 1900 lb Civic (STRIPPED 88-91 hatches are usually the only ones you can get that light AND have a swap/turbo...) and has a turbo B18xx, it could be a decent race. He has a cheap turbo kit, Greddy is one of the only 50-state & CARB legal turbo kits out for Hondas so by no means is his setup very efficient/powerful @ 14 psi.

Kid sounds like a BS'ing ricer. Go from a dig & you should decimate his "budget racer."
Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

There is one of these in my town too. I haven't raced him but I guess he had a within a fender loss to a 500whp bmw. They can be fast....but they are still ugly and gay.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Ok, heres something to consider...if he really only weighs 1900 pounds, thats a big ******* thing to worry about...

240WHP in that car will send it in to the 11.6-11.9 range with amazing-good drivin.. think about that when he tells you he makes less then 300whp if he has numbers of some sort. pray he has not caught on to the methanol craze that turbo people are starting to realize, then he can tell you hes on pump gas and STILL not be lying to you. (meth can turn 93 oct into 112-116 sometimes)

watch for these honda boys now a days, they built there 11sec econobox with dreams of ruining corvette,f body and muscle car fans everywhere lol.

turbo civic was the first car my pullied cobra lost to ever, didnt see it coming. got the same story you did..."Turbo coupe, nothing special"...apperently this guy didnt find 550whp he was packing special...people like this exsist lol.

your only hope is that hes lying through his teeth in the good way, as in hes an idiot. that, and if he isnt, your other only hope is he hasnt figured out to over come the traction thing. ask if his Boost controller is Manual or electric, if its electric, be careful, they got a PSI per gear setting in some of them that allow you to leave with say 7-8psi in first then the rest of the gears have the high boost on them after hes hooked up.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Import Al

He has a cheap turbo kit
i wouldnt let that give me a worry to much....ever hear of those ebay setups that run 11s all day and dont break?

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f24/...7-trim-384249/

thats an dumdumdumdum that runs 11.2s for over a year now on an ebay 57mm turbo setup, the whole car is built off ebay....under 2k into it. I knwo its a neon, and i know its ugly, but you know what else it is? fast, cheap, and reliable. what do you know, another old v8 addage slowly being disproved.

you sure that greddy kit isnt anything to worry about?

I dont adivst you buy an import what so ever, and im not saying that our cars dont have a lot more class then most of them but, dont ever let someone tell you they have an ebay car and think its going to blow up, cause thats a whole other hustle most dont know **** about quite yet. this guy has an actual REAL greddy kit, with actual R&D put into it. i wouldnt take it lightly if i didnt have a bottle...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

smoked him.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V8bamf
smoked him.
NICE!!! so what was he lying about? the cars weight i bet. how many car lengths did you get on him?

BTW, i may SEEM like an import nut swinger but im not, its just ive actually street raced for money a LOT and seem some sick **** in my day. im a lil beyond the average "highway encounter" with this stuff lol
Old 03-15-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
NICE!!! so what was he lying about? the cars weight i bet. how many car lengths did you get on him?

BTW, i may SEEM like an import nut swinger but im not, its just ive actually street raced for money a LOT and seem some sick **** in my day. im a lil beyond the average "highway encounter" with this stuff lol
Go buy an LS1. Then you will know real power. J/K I couldn't resist. I've seen some fast imports as well but I think those Ebay kits are garbage and most of those guys don't have a clue what it takes to be fast. Some do and those guys will make you feel stupid but they are a serious minority in the import world. Just what I have seen maybe your experiences have been different.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Good job on the win!! Yeah, he likely lied about the weight. Back in '04 I had a '91 Civic hatch that had no rear interior but had a system & weighed 1930 lbs.. Would of taken carbon fiber, fiberglass, aluminum etc to get a swapped/turboed street Civic to 1900 lbs.

Wants an LS1, I meant to say the Greddy kit is poor in performance/$$ as well as cheap in price. And yes, they're are quite a few "Cheap, Fast, Reliable" imports out there now.. Here's one.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40451

Password to view is: accuracy
http://www.putpic.com/gallery/635/3971249

Seller wants $15K but it'll likely sell for under $10K cash. Would you guess by its outside looks its a low 10's (on slicks of course,) street car running a stock-block 2 liter? It has a K20 & made 536 whp & has been doing so for 37K miles with lots of racing.. dang.

Is it ugly, "impossible" to launch & sounds like a ****-filled chimichanga? In the opinion of most, yes lol. But it is dirt cheap to insure & gets 30+ mpg out of boost & would have insane top end for highway pulls, just be a smoke generator on anything below DR's if you half throttled. Gay to some, OMFG datz s0 tYte Boi! to others but generally respected by most racers & car guys for being purpose built to haul ***** for cheap & succeeding with an underdog platform & small engine.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Is it ugly, "impossible" to launch & sounds like a ****-filled chimichanga? .
Now that's a bad rap
Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Banned

OP...

DETAILS NIGGARNESS!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Go buy an LS1. Then you will know real power. .

LOL, i would have bought an LS1, but the 03 cobra was SO much easier to TT lol. that and i also own a DSM. but i know your just messin around
Old 03-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Launching!

smoked him.
The surprise meter hit a 1 out of 100.

Good kill. I'll bet his hypothetical mod list gets a bit shorter.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

i would have bought an LS1, but the 03 cobra was SO much easier to TT lol.
which is why I'm surprised I haven't seen more TT Cobras...the one's I have seen are insane fast and break stuff on a regular basis
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smoked him.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Good job on the win!! Yeah, he likely lied about the weight. Back in '04 I had a '91 Civic hatch that had no rear interior but had a system & weighed 1930 lbs.. Would of taken carbon fiber, fiberglass, aluminum etc to get a swapped/turboed street Civic to 1900 lbs.

Wants an LS1, I meant to say the Greddy kit is poor in performance/$$ as well as cheap in price. And yes, they're are quite a few "Cheap, Fast, Reliable" imports out there now.. Here's one.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40451

Password to view is: accuracy
http://www.putpic.com/gallery/635/3971249

Seller wants $15K but it'll likely sell for under $10K cash. Would you guess by its outside looks its a low 10's (on slicks of course,) street car running a stock-block 2 liter? It has a K20 & made 536 whp & has been doing so for 37K miles with lots of racing.. dang.

Is it ugly, "impossible" to launch & sounds like a ****-filled chimichanga? In the opinion of most, yes lol. But it is dirt cheap to insure & gets 30+ mpg out of boost & would have insane top end for highway pulls, just be a smoke generator on anything below DR's if you half throttled. Gay to some, OMFG datz s0 tYte Boi! to others but generally respected by most racers & car guys for being purpose built to haul ***** for cheap & succeeding with an underdog platform & small engine.
You hit the head of the nail with that one ! haha

My little brother is saving up for a turbo kit on his LS swapped hatch. Looking for around 350whp stock block.

and my boy Kneenan is going to have his K-swapped coupe finished by the end of this month. The first thing we're doing is going on a highway roll, then one run from a dig. His setup is going to be K20a with I/H/E + 100 shot and a tune.

I should get pulled on from a roll, but I DEFINITELY have him from a dig.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Details required........