Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

me vs. buddys 366whp STI

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
I really don't get the Subie that has 366awhp myself. Built motor and all. I guess I can see it that he doesn't want to **** his new engine up. But 22.5 psi is damn high for a car thats only pushing 366hp. I think he may have a boost leak...

Props to your 6er bud. I'm against putting ram air hoods on Camaro's but nice ride.

cheers,
Pipe
Not really. Stock cars routinely run high teens boost pressures now. Boost does not equal power or stress. You can take a car running 30PSI reliably, mess up the tune, and blow it to peices on 20PSI. Timing actually affects cylinder pressure as much if not more than boost, and cylinder pressure tends to kill things.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
I like his hood, and the cars color. I do feel like the hood *probably* isn't feeding air into his turbo though. But I don't care, it still looks MEAN AS **** with the intercooler and that hood. If I saw that coming up in my rearview, all I would think was ".. oh ****, I'm about to get my *** kicked"
it does feed air into my turbo...

I built my turbo kit so my turbo sits right up top...the passanger side hood scoop actually shuts perfectly over my turbo...talk about real ram air