Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo driver says "I'll send you home crying in your $50k car"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigleman
I was sitting at a light and a guy in an SUV pulled up beside me while i was sitting at a light.
He rolled down the window and said "Hey man, can i get a ride in that?"
i said "no, but your girl can!"
he just rolled the window up, but not before i saw his gf smile and wave at me
Best post I have seen in weeks
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

I got my 2002 C5 Z06 for 26k. After I add 10k in mods I will be at 36k. Still cheaper then an Evo and WAY faster. I think the secret is NOT buying a new car. You can't pull up to someone at tell them they are going to get killed in there 50k car unless you know for sure they did pay that much. I think my car was 55k when it was new...but I didn't pay close to that.
I guess a guy could get an EVO for maybe 21k now and spend 10k and be faster. Who knows?!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
^what he said and it's a good thing our cars don't come from the factory with turbos and awd or evo's would be just another dd to us
Classic benchracing quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

COD02SS (I believe it was) from AZ got his 08 ls3 vette for around 38k. I know of at least one more person that got their 08' for around 43k. Thats still less than 50. Great deals I'd say considering what you get.

Last edited by Finite1; 03-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
COD02SS (I believe it was) from AZ got his 08 ls3 vette for around 38k. I know of at least one more person that got their 08' for around 43k. Thats still less than 50. Great deals I'd say considering what you get.
I believe LS1LT1 on here paid < $40K for his brand new, ordered, base '06 C6 with an A6 trans. He ran a 12.2 at almost 116mph BONE F'ING STOCK (including stock runflats and stock paper filters!!!!!) in good air at Atco.

Please show me even ONE Nippon product EVER that can do that STOCK, BRAND NEW, and un-modded/un-'tunerized' for that price (IF the riceboyzz want to argue price )!!

Last edited by dailydriver; 03-17-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

WOW! Somebody shoulda warned you Kevind.....
Old 03-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by kevind
ok, heres the car that made me decide on which turbo to go with:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5OB8Xg0Mbhk
2L evo, 35r, methanol, cams, intercooler (basically the exact setup i have). the c6 vette was sopposedly on a 200 shot H/C making 600+ (and i'm pretty sure the vette guy posts here).

as for the one i raced,i didn't dyno his car so i don't know if he was BSing or not. he just said it made 600 (and it was loud as F%^$). and if we had gone into 5th gear he would have passed me just like your video, and the video of the car i linked too. evos are boxes. vettes are slippery and low to the ground. from our 3rd gear roll, assuming he had no traction, i jump a car on him, and hold it through 4th where we stop. had we continued i'm sure he would have passed me.

my company name is evodynamics (registered in texas as evolution dynamics LLC).
Your full of ****. You would probably need about 800+awhp to beat a 600rwhp C6 Z06. Either way, C6Z06 > Evo (or any import for that matter)
Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds like a Kid that found the "Fast and Furious" at the bottom of his dads closet.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The is a KevinD over on an Evo forum that is a sponser/ vendor from Texas with that company name. Google it and you'll see the same thing I saw. The guy may be legit and know what he is talking about when it comes to Evo's. I'm not a fan of Evos but if they are are fast and done tastefully I can at least appreciate the work that goes into them.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Launching!

1) Evos are not cheap. They are cheaper than Vettes though. And if the simple numbers of that offend people they will just have to deal with it. But for a 30K car guy to talk down to a 50K car guy is pretty lame. Especially if he looses after.

2)People who have actually expirience with car X>>>>>>>>than internet haters who cant accept that perhaps there are times when their fav is not the fastest thing on wheels.

3)Evo Xs are heavy and ugly. Other Evos are lighter and ugly. I love 4G63s, but honestly they are all ugly and that should not be a factor

4)And if car X had part Y it would run 8s and blah blah blah. It did'nt, it doesnt and thats that. If a frog had wings it would not bump its *** when it hopped. (Thank you Waynes World)
Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MeanC6
Your full of ****. You would probably need about 800+awhp to beat a 600rwhp C6 Z06. Either way, C6Z06 > Evo (or any import for that matter)
You think it takes 800WHP for a Evo to beat out a 600WHP C6Z? Really? Wow.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I believe LS1LT1 on here paid < $40K for his brand new, ordered, base '06 C6 with an A6 trans. He ran a 12.2 at almost 116mph BONE F'ING STOCK (including stock runflats and stock paper filters!!!!!) in good air at Atco.

Please show me even ONE Nippon product EVER that can do that STOCK, BRAND NEW, and un-modded/un-'tunerized' for that price (IF the riceboyzz want to argue price )!!
Its pretty much accepted that Domestics are the best bang for buck new/stock. Was that ever even a debate?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sparetire
1) Evos are not cheap. They are cheaper than Vettes though. And if the simple numbers of that offend people they will just have to deal with it. But for a 30K car guy to talk down to a 50K car guy is pretty lame. Especially if he looses after.

2)People who have actually expirience with car X>>>>>>>>than internet haters who cant accept that perhaps there are times when their fav is not the fastest thing on wheels.

3)Evo Xs are heavy and ugly. Other Evos are lighter and ugly. I love 4G63s, but honestly they are all ugly and that should not be a factor

4)And if car X had part Y it would run 8s and blah blah blah. It did'nt, it doesnt and thats that. If a frog had wings it would not bump its *** when it hopped. (Thank you Waynes World)
You think it takes 800WHP for a Evo to beat out a 600WHP C6Z? Really? Wow.
Its pretty much accepted that Domestics are the best bang for buck new/stock. Was that ever even a debate?
Did you know you can multi quote? Click the button next to quote(appostrophe) and then the last person you'd like to quote click the quote button. Didn't know if you knew that. Just trying to help.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know that there are quite a few evos around here tht are pretty damn fast but they are still getting beat by bolt on zo6 n kenne bell cobras. In the end which car would you get more *** in?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kevind
thats what a c6 Z06 with H/C making 600whp thought when he raced me and saw my tails through 4th gear where we let off. and all that in a modded evo that total price included all the mods is still less then a base C6 vette. oh and my car is at 65k miles stock block, tranny, transfercase ecu etc etc etc... never had a problem with it.
Bullshit, and you know it.

First off, a C6 Z06 with 600WHP would have whooped your ricer ***. In fact, it would have whooped your ricer *** in stock form as well, considering it weighs almsot 200lbs less than your pile of crap Evo.

And bullshit on him "not getting traction in 3rd gear". First gear on those cars tops out at 60MPH, by the time he's in 3rd you're going well over 100MPH - its not likely to be hurting for traction at that speed with tires that wide. You're just making **** up, just like everything you've ever posted.

And just like every other Evo ***, you all claim your cars are bulletproof and have no problems. The reailty is its probably been to dealer 10 times for leaky seals, transmission grinding, transfer case and differential clunks, and all sorts of various broken parts due to the fact that its a mitsubishi.

Bottom line is your car is a piece of ****. Stop coming around here and bragging about it to try and make yourself feel better, nobody wants to hear your bullshit.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Bullshit, and you know it.

First off, a C6 Z06 with 600WHP would have whooped your ricer ***. In fact, it would have whooped your ricer *** in stock form as well, considering it weighs almsot 200lbs less than your pile of crap Evo.

And bullshit on him "not getting traction in 3rd gear". First gear on those cars tops out at 60MPH, by the time he's in 3rd you're going well over 100MPH - its not likely to be hurting for traction at that speed with tires that wide. You're just making **** up, just like everything you've ever posted.

And just like every other Evo ***, you all claim your cars are bulletproof and have no problems. The reailty is its probably been to dealer 10 times for leaky seals, transmission grinding, transfer case and differential clunks, and all sorts of various broken parts due to the fact that its a mitsubishi.

Bottom line is your car is a piece of ****. Stop coming around here and bragging about it to try and make yourself feel better, nobody wants to hear your bullshit.
Damn man. Tell us how you really feel.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you guys like Evo's huh?
Well I guess I'm not the norm cause I like them. They have alot of potential and I think when done right they are nice cars. I'll tell what I don't like is the attitude of most Evo owners. That gets a little annoying. But yeah Evo's and STI's are nice cars IMO.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rocksws6
So you guys like Evo's huh?
Well I guess I'm not the norm cause I like them. They have alot of potential and I think when done right they are nice cars. I'll tell what I don't like is the attitude of most Evo owners. That gets a little annoying. But yeah Evo's and STI's are nice cars IMO.
I like Evos and STIs too as long as they aren't riced. I was just trying to nicely say to onebadassws6 that he may have been a little hard on the guy. The same SN is a sponser on an Evo site and may have some real info about the cars that he could share. Of course if he is an asshat and just talks **** then onebadassws6 was fully justified with his post. I don't know what the situation between them is. I just didn't want to come across as an *** to either until I know the score.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Teching In

i am a vendor on evom, that is correct.

i bet onebadassws6 doesn't have a ws6, and could possibly own an evo :p it can be the only explanation for his well thought out responses. he simply posts the most off the wall stuff he can to get a rise out of the import crowd (and it works most of the time from all the trolling i've done here).
Old 03-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Banned

Good kill lol people can be such cocky ***** untill you smoke them that is....