Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo driver says "I'll send you home crying in your $50k car"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Looking neat is more appealing to chicks than going fast. My girlfriend thinks Evos are cute cars. Besides, most racing movies are rice. Fast and the Furious and all its sequels are just a bunch of rice.
I love anything fast be it a domestic or a so called ricer... I love cars in general i just dont understand why people cant just get along. I openly admit i got yanked on a strait piece of road but we did not engauge in twisty's or i promise the vette would have been owned. It wouldnt have been because of the car more the driver. Vette's are amazing machines and keep getting better with each generation. Perhaps after my insurance becomes a bit cheaper i would even consider owning one. In the mean time my "ricer" as everyone around here seems to call them will make me happy when im ripping the heads off people in so called sports cars such as camaro's and fireturds.. and GTO's with 4 people in the car....
Old 03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BaLListic_Evo
I love anything fast be it a domestic or a so called ricer... I love cars in general i just dont understand why people cant just get along. I openly admit i got yanked on a strait piece of road but we did not engauge in twisty's or i promise the vette would have been owned. It wouldnt have been because of the car more the driver. Vette's are amazing machines and keep getting better with each generation. Perhaps after my insurance becomes a bit cheaper i would even consider owning one. In the mean time my "ricer" as everyone around here seems to call them will make me happy when im ripping the heads off people in so called sports cars such as camaro's and fireturds.. and GTO's with 4 people in the car....
I like Evos and STis as well.. I think I put it in my novel before the post you quoted. I just didn't feel like typing a bunch of words and went with "rice" for brevity. If I could afford a second car, I'd probably buy an Evo.. if only to have a car that's useful in shitty weather.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Looking neat is more appealing to chicks than going fast. My girlfriend thinks Evos are cute cars. Besides, most racing movies are rice. Fast and the Furious and all its sequels are just a bunch of rice.
Or maybe it's also because they've had it POUNDED into their feeble little brains that domestic nameplates HAVE TO BE pure ****, with NO exceptions/exemptions??
This is done by their parents, relatives, the general media/entertainment fields, The Japanese Ministry Of Trade, and peers <-(who also call what WE drive "mulletmobiles", and redneck cars ).
So there is actual peer pressure/popular opinion to hate on domestics (and especially OUR rides).
At least around here that's how it is, and what I've observed.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Launching!

See I honestly think "rice" can be anything.. may it be import or domestic. Ive seen just as many riced out Camaros, Mustangs, Cavaliers, Sunfires ect... as Ive seen riced out Integras, Civics, Supras, 3000GTS ect.

And on top of that, Ive met many import tuners that keep their cars just as clean as the rest of us. And trust me when I say this... they hate ricers just as much as we do.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I In the mean time my "ricer" as everyone around here seems to call them will make me happy when im ripping the heads off people in so called sports cars such as camaro's and fireturds.. and GTO's with 4 people in the car....
You lost to a minor bolt on vette, you more than likely will not be ripping the heads off of too many lsx based cars until you do some more modding.

Anyway at least you ran, although the "Ill send you home crying in the 50k car" comment was really gay if you actually said that.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brad8266
You lost to a minor bolt on vette, you more than likely will not be ripping the heads off of too many lsx based cars until you do some more modding.

Anyway at least you ran, although the "Ill send you home crying in the 50k car" comment was really gay if you actually said that.
You're confusing the cars. Ballistic didn't run the OP, he messed around with a different C6 on this board.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
You're confusing the cars. Ballistic didn't run the OP, he messed around with a different C6 on this board.
oh, oops.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

I openly admit i got yanked on a strait piece of road but we did not engauge in twisty's or i promise the vette would have been owned. It wouldnt have been because of the car more the driver.
So you've been to many racing schools? Competed in SCCA/NASA/EMRA, etc. events for all of your 18 years of life??
Or do you just feel that you are a 'natural born' road racer, like every other little "get you in the twisties" ricef*** I see around here doing the 'riceboy weave' through heavy, rush hour traffic does???<-:
Old 03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

camaros and firebirds have 4 seats and so called sports car i have yet to see an evo win any major event in drag racing or track racing. Everyone knows that it is all the driver on a road coarse i bet a good driver with a stock miata would murder you at willow springs.

Last edited by 180ls1; 03-19-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Teching In

no you have me confused with the evo owner that this thread was started about. I had a run in with Evilways.....
Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dailydriver
So you've been to many racing schools? Competed in SCCA/NASA/EMRA, etc. events for all of your 18 years of life??
Or do you just feel that you are a 'natural born' road racer, like every other little "get you in the twisties" ricef*** I see around here doing the 'riceboy weave' through heavy, rush hour traffic does???<-:
im glad that you have put me in your made up little group. I actually used to flat track race prepped karts from the time i was 12-16. I am 24 now and i dont really feel the need to fight with you on this. I can handle my car and that is that...... Btw im the last person you will see weaving thru traffic as i believe there is a time and place for everything and thats not the time or place.... So do us all a favor and drop the Everyone that drives and import is a moron mentality....
Old 03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Teching In

I seem to stay pretty even With LS1 based cars on similar mods..
Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I beat a Evo 9 with my bone stock A4 98 Z28 with at the time had 125-130K miles on it from 30-130mph by 2 cars... All his import friends thought he would dominate me lol..

BTW Before a bunch of EVO owners come in and say... TRY THAT FROM A DIG!! We did and I spun horribly (original Auburn LSD did a sweet one legger). No one was a dick me and the EVO owner shook hands said good race all that stuff.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
See I honestly think "rice" can be anything.. may it be import or domestic. Ive seen just as many riced out Camaros, Mustangs, Cavaliers, Sunfires ect... as Ive seen riced out Integras, Civics, Supras, 3000GTS ect.

And on top of that, Ive met many import tuners that keep their cars just as clean as the rest of us. And trust me when I say this... they hate ricers just as much as we do.
Thank you sir!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaroz
I beat a Evo 9 with my bone stock A4 98 Z28 with at the time had 125-130K miles on it from 30-130mph by 2 cars... All his import friends thought he would dominate me lol..

BTW Before a bunch of EVO owners come in and say... TRY THAT FROM A DIG!! We did and I spun horribly (original Auburn LSD did a sweet one legger). No one was a dick me and the EVO owner shook hands said good race all that stuff.
Good stuff i dont have an issue with races like this. What i have an issue with is someone coming on here mis stating facts saying i put my car off the road thru some twisties when it was 1 corner and i never left the road?!?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

In the mean time my "ricer" as everyone around here seems to call them will make me happy when im ripping the heads off people in so called sports cars such as camaro's and fireturds.. and GTO's with 4 people in the car....
hahaha....

nice run anyways guys
Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I seem to stay pretty even With LS1 based cars on similar mods..
Well yeah maybe some bolton cars, but i think the majority of lsx based cars now are cammed bolton cars at a minimum. I dont see too many stockish lsx cars anymore.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

im glad that you have put me in your made up little group. I actually used to flat track race prepped karts from the time i was 12-16. I am 24 now and i dont really feel the need to fight with you on this. I can handle my car and that is that...... Btw im the last person you will see weaving thru traffic as i believe there is a time and place for everything and thats not the time or place.... So do us all a favor and drop the Everyone that drives and import is a moron mentality....
Fair enough.
I was just asking, as MANY of them seem to think the way I've stated they do, and some of your posts/responses did seem a little riceboyish.
But still, even though they teach great control, there IS a difference between a kart and a 3300# 300(?) awhp car.
And I did not claim that EVERY import owner EVERYWHERE is a "moron", just most of the ones that are seen on the streets around here (and use the 'twisties' excuse when they get butchered in a straight line) that DO cut and weave through traffic like the Evil Monkey on meth.
Some (the NASA TT/Time Attack, and SCCA Solo 1/TT/Solo 2 people especially) are quite skilled/knowledgeable and cool.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the same mindset.
To me ALL performance cars are cool, and a good many of the guys here at LS-1 tech feel the same.
Unfortunately, as time goes by and the F-body cars become cheaper more and more adolesents [spelling sucks] can afford them and think they are the hottest show in town.
They aren't.
I will admit that most of the Evo guy's I have come across do seem to have a real cocky attitude, but then so do the F-body guys, and so on.
So be cool and keep things in perspective.
Were not all jerks.