Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo driver says "I'll send you home crying in your $50k car"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLListic_Evo
Thank you sir!
For sure. Then again, Im not a die-hard domestic only car fan. The Firebird is my favorite model, hands down.... but other than that, Im a huge of fan of the 3000GTs, EVOs, STi's, Supras and Skylines... even the old 300ZXs and RX-7s. And of course the Camaro and Mustang for other domestics.

And any ******* can ruin any of these performance cars.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Fair enough.
I was just asking, as MANY of them seem to think the way I've stated they do, and some of your posts/responses did seem a little riceboyish.
But still, even though they teach great control, there IS a difference between a kart and a 3300# 300(?) awhp car.
And I did not claim that EVERY import owner EVERYWHERE is a "moron", just most of the ones that are seen on the streets around here (and use the 'twisties' excuse when they get butchered in a straight line) that DO cut and weave through traffic like the Evil Monkey on meth.
Some (the NASA TT/Time Attack, and SCCA Solo 1/TT/Solo 2 people especially) are quite skilled/knowledgeable and cool.
I agree there is a huge difference i have done a little auto-x with the car but beyond that its just a ton of miles down curvy roads and it shows. I bought the car new in 2003 it now has 102k miles and i dont regret putting one of them on it as i have enjoyed it the entire time. Before i purchased the evo i had planned to get an 03 cobra but i couldnt find anyone at the time that would even write a 19 year old a policy and with good reason.

I may have come off like a bit of an ******* when i first came onto the board and perhaps even "ricerish" but i was just defending myself where i had someone random talking crap that they had no place to. He came to a local board and made nice then comes here and runs off at the mouth. I still dont have a problem with the guy i just know for a fact my car didnt leave the road at any point.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kevind
i am a vendor on evom, that is correct.

i bet onebadassws6 doesn't have a ws6, and could possibly own an evo :p it can be the only explanation for his well thought out responses. he simply posts the most off the wall stuff he can to get a rise out of the import crowd (and it works most of the time from all the trolling i've done here).
x2, I saw his first post and knew this would hit 10 page's in no time...his replies are just so arrogant and ignorant that people just can't help but try to set em straight, he's even been banned before.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Evilways
We got a Yellow Evo around here with the same mindset. I killed him badly on some straight aways, then he tried to follow me through some twisties...lol....he went off road 3-4 times that I sw out of the rear view. It's hard to hang with a Z51 suspension Vette.
haha nice...but yea good kill, i love when ignorant people like to race cars that are way out of their class. SSMOKD
Old 03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
haha nice...but yea good kill, i love when ignorant people like to race cars that are way out of their class. SSMOKD
it wasnt being ignorant i was just trying to see how my car compared i knew i was going to lose. I just wanted to see the vette get down to be honest and it did and i love when ignorant people post when they dont even know what the situation is...
Old 03-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
For sure. Then again, Im not a die-hard domestic only car fan. The Firebird is my favorite model, hands down.... but other than that, Im a huge of fan of the 3000GTs, EVOs, STi's, Supras and Skylines... even the old 300ZXs and RX-7s. And of course the Camaro and Mustang for other domestics.

And any ******* can ruin any of these performance cars.
Yeah i try to keep it clean and simple no stickers.....
Old 03-19-2008, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

What are you doing on top of the hospital, man! Without a wing , you'll never be able to fly off there, man!!!!!

j/k....gotcha!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Teching In

lol yeah actually that is where its @ rofl... Anyway i think we can squash this issue... i didnt realize the post was prior to when you got on our board seems we have a trouble maker on WSL lol.... After i got started i kinda had to keep defending my self.. kinda like walking into a pack of rabid wolves lol
Old 03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

THATS A CLEAN LOOKIN EVO MAN. AND I HONESTLY HATE THE WING THOSE CARS COME WITH. UNLESS YOU HAVE A TRANSFORMER FOR A CAR AND ITS GUNNA BUST A JET ROCKET OUT THE BACK AND WINGS OUT THE SIDES YOU DONT NEED A WING THAT IS 48" FROM YOUR TRUNK. GOOD CALL ON TAKING YOURS OFF ITS A CLEANER LOOK.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bend.over
THATS A CLEAN LOOKIN EVO MAN. AND I HONESTLY HATE THE WING THOSE CARS COME WITH. UNLESS YOU HAVE A TRANSFORMER FOR A CAR AND ITS GUNNA BUST A JET ROCKET OUT THE BACK AND WINGS OUT THE SIDES YOU DONT NEED A WING THAT IS 48" FROM YOUR TRUNK. GOOD CALL ON TAKING YOURS OFF ITS A CLEANER LOOK.
Thanks! Yeah i have actually been looking at a carbon fiber low wing.. i need to fill the holes with something so its either a very small spolier or shave/paint...
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

yea thats the only problem with taking off ur wing. but then again id say it might fool a few domestic guys into thinking its just a lancer if they really are rice ignorant.
not saying youre rice, but to a domestic guy like that you would be. i def have some respect for evo's as a guy that i work with has one running 30 psi fully forged internals and meth injec of coarse. this thing is just nasty, he also has a no lift shift pedal or what ever you might classify that as, but this car flies. it will break your neck clear off when he takes off if you arent braced and ready for it.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks! Yeah i have actually been looking at a carbon fiber low wing.. i need to fill the holes with something so its either a very small spolier or shave/paint...
Does the regular Lancer trunk fit in the same spot? Maybe that would be easier than taking off the wing and shaving/repainting. Either way, I wouldn't think that's an Evo. Just looks like a regular Lancer with a Evo front bumper and rims (got quite a few of those around here). Looks clean
Old 03-19-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

it wasnt being ignorant i was just trying to see how my car compared i knew i was going to lose. I just wanted to see the vette get down to be honest and it did and i love when ignorant people post when they dont even know what the situation is...
lol im sorry i was just going by his post and he said you were bein a little bitch so yea i dont think i was bein ignorant at all, but who cares...now that i know what you were doin it's cool
Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Does the regular Lancer trunk fit in the same spot? Maybe that would be easier than taking off the wing and shaving/repainting. Either way, I wouldn't think that's an Evo. Just looks like a regular Lancer with a Evo front bumper and rims (got quite a few of those around here). Looks clean
yeah i was going to go that route but it dont think that they made any lancers in yellow except for the OZ rally which has a small dumb looking spoiler.... I believe that the following picture will be what i choose for the trunk....
Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

In the mean time my "ricer" as everyone around here seems to call them will make me happy when im ripping the heads off people in so called sports cars such as camaro's and fireturds...
Really you're "ripping the heads off people" in Camaro's and Firebirds? Is that what is going through your head whenever you pull up next to a F-Body?

I mean I would hate for you to have that preconception if you ever pulled up next to my wife in her Camaro; your poor "ricer" will need to have the doors and paint replaced after she sucked them off...

You may want to consider popping your head out of your ***, before your preconception and mouth write a check your *** (nor car) can cash.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Azrael
Really you're "ripping the heads off people" in Camaro's and Firebirds? Is that what is going through your head whenever you pull up next to a F-Body?

I mean I would hate for you to have that preconception if you ever pulled up next to my wife in her Camaro; your poor "ricer" will need to have the doors and paint replaced after she sucked them off...

You may want to consider popping your head out of your ***, before your preconception and mouth write a check your *** (nor car) can cash.
look guy your kinda late to this party and things have tamed down. I have had quite a few F-bodys completely rape me and wont deny that fact. I have raped plenty as well... Its a car i love cars you love cars get over yourself with your "ricer" slang.... and to be honest i feel like i should get owned by every F-body even if its stock. I mean get real i have a 2.0liter with less than 1000$ in mods it should be getting completely owned if the F-body was the car it should have been.... But i dont care to fight with anyone and bicker back and forth. Nice car nice times thanks for your kind words directed towards me as well rofl....
Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

look guy your kinda late to this party and things have tamed down. I have had quite a few F-bodys completely rape me and wont deny that fact. I have raped plenty as well... Its a car i love cars you love cars get over yourself with your "ricer" slang.... and to be honest i feel like i should get owned by every F-body even if its stock. I mean get real i have a 2.0liter with less than 1000$ in mods it should be getting completely owned if the F-body was the car it should have been.... But i dont care to fight with anyone and bicker back and forth. Nice car nice times thanks for your kind words directed towards me as well rofl....
Your on an Fbody site with millions of Fbody owners... we call import cars 'rice'.
We all have our own definitions of the word, opinions of imports, and what the term 'rice' really means.

Fact of the matter is, alot of us don't say it to talk down or make fun of an import....its just a fun way for use to describe them.

I had a modded 240SX and I loved it but I still called it rice. Its nothing more then a fun joke to me.
In actuality, REAL rice to me is someone putting a fartcan, 'noz' stickers and rims on a slower import and driving it around like some *******. Its even possible to 'rice' out an American car with altezza taillights, ground effects...etc... but the real issue is the person driving the car. Some of the coolest car guys I have ever met drive WRX's or 3000GT's...

Youre going to find doushbags driving Fbodies and turdsandwiches driving imports.
But don't blame the car over a driver.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bend.over
The wing is fairly useful for a car that runs at high speeds. There's a video of an Evo doing a top speed run at an airstrip (or something of the sort) without a wing on the rear, and when he lifts off the gas the rear end gets a little happy and he ends up spinning out at 150mph+.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i was going to go that route but it dont think that they made any lancers in yellow except for the OZ rally which has a small dumb looking spoiler.... I believe that the following picture will be what i choose for the trunk....
IMO that thing looks clean.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a few yellow lancers before that weren't the OZ rally ones...maybe not I don't really pay attention
Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Oh thats perfect. Subtle yet sporty, I like it.