Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
my old GTO hauled ***
Personally, I believe you...

Old 04-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is funny why do all the fbody guys love to say they beat gtos? you know secretly you wanted one... dont lie...

any fbodys in the south texas area willing to meet up and show me how they do this in person please call me up i will pm you my number and we can have at it
Old 04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thatboyvic
this is funny why do all the fbody guys love to say they beat gtos? you know secretly you wanted one... dont lie...

any fbodys in the south texas area willing to meet up and show me how they do this in person please call me up i will pm you my number and we can have at it
If only I was in your area.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Launching!

lol off the bottle?

here is my slow goat in action... the "little gto" vid at the end is me pulling a bolt on/tuned z28 m6... pretty close until third...

http://www.youtube.com/user/thatb0yvic

all those vids were pre cam though.... no lower then a 1.8 60'!! on 8.5" wheels with crappy nittos... now that i put in my cam the stock clutch is throwing a fit. once i get one in i iwll bust an 11 for sure.. we take our track time seriously... more so then some young kids running around in a gto thier parents bought them... when properly set up and driven the gtos can cause some damage... stock tires are ****... dr's and drag bags little weight reduction and a good tune... a good driver and they run respectively... i have vids to prove of mine... on bolt ons, no gears, stock suspension, full beautiful leather interior, stock wheels, stock everything. headers, intake, exhaust and a tune
Old 04-05-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

lol off the bottle?

here is my slow goat in action... the "little gto" vid at the end is me pulling a bolt on/tuned z28 m6... pretty close until third...

all those vids were pre cam though.... no lower then a 1.8 60'!! on 8.5" wheels with crappy nittos... now that i put in my cam the stock clutch is throwing a fit. once i get one in i iwll bust an 11 for sure.. we take our track time seriously... more so then some young kids running around in a gto thier parents bought them... when properly set up and driven the gtos can cause some damage... stock tires are ****... dr's and drag bags little weight reduction and a good tune... a good driver and they run respectively... i have vids to prove of mine... on bolt ons, no gears, stock suspension, full beautiful leather interior, stock wheels, stock everything. headers, intake, exhaust and a tune

But of course NA! LOL I afer all would only want to be fair! LOL
Old 04-05-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

NIce Unicorn BTW.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=thatboyvic;9087042]lol off the bottle?

http://www.humbleperformance.com/for....php?tid=21055

Oh and before anyone comments on the MPH. TH400, 411 through 12bolt, 4k stall, and 18 wheels. That was the top end of the car on those tires.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Launching!

thats cool...!! no hate here just saying they aint no punk
Old 04-05-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

thats cool...!! no hate here just saying they aint no punk
LOL No hateraide here either. Just bordom. Plus there aren't any car beating bike threads for me to flame the biker boyzz.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL I read some of the posts on that forum and I almost fell out of my chair when Eclipse boy was asking 1. How does the power come on so quick without nitrous, and .2 I thought the WS6 was a V6.

OMG!!!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Slower or not, I'd rather drive a GTO then a WS6. And this is coming from a guy who has owned a WS6, and B is one of my dream cars.

Ride, Interior, comfort, and performance all in one package. WS6 for the track, GTO for the DD.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
LOL I read some of the posts on that forum and I almost fell out of my chair when Eclipse boy was asking 1. How does the power come on so quick without nitrous, and .2 I thought the WS6 was a V6.

OMG!!!

Yeah it was good feces!! FO SHO!!! That guy in the Eclipse has been running his **** sucker about coming into town wif hiz boyz YO and cleaning house. To include me.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

It is an Import site if you haven't guessed/ The guy that owns it has a 1000+FWHP Honda that does 7's. All out race car. I generally get on there to pick on the Supra guys.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

lmao that was some funny chit!! just read the replies haha
Old 04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car is stock except for a CAI, I have no problems with LS2 GTOs with similar mods. Like any car, once you begin modding the car it can be as fast as you wish. The F-body has less hp and less weight. The GT0 has more weight and more hp to carry that fat *** around. It is a very close race stock for stock. Either way, who leaves their car stock? Hardly anyone, so chose the platform which is best for you to mod. I like the GTO's, but I would not own one. I thought the F-bodys weighed to much IMO and would never want to deal with all the *** the GTO carries around. Thats why I ditched the F-body and got Z06. Its lighter and faster than both and IMO looks better than the GTO. The looks between a Z06 and a WS6 or SS are a toss up to me but the weight is what I was after. No offense because looks are objective, but GTOs look like a hopped up Cavalier.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Launching!

i agree^^ i own a gto. and though not completely impressed with the styling i purchased after a test drive. its way more comfortable then a ws6 and a vette.... i bought the gto with intentions of doing a full on monaro conversion.. lol not to leave it like it is. i dont like it alot... i love the looks of vettes!! but to each his own... i just get tired of fbody owners who LOVE to say they beat a goat!! sounds like the ricers when they beat a ws6 (like you dont wish you had an ls2) hahaha
... anyone can beat anyone with the proper cash flow... lets just all get along i payed 26,500 for my gto with 2500 miles... i could have easily purchased a vette like yours with cash to spare...lol but my favorites are the new z06 which i couldnt afford at the time lol
Old 04-05-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree^^ i own a gto. and though not completely impressed with the styling i purchased after a test drive. its way more comfortable then a ws6 and a vette.... i bought the gto with intentions of doing a full on monaro conversion.. lol not to leave it like it is. i dont like it alot... i love the looks of vettes!! but to each his own... i just get tired of fbody owners who LOVE to say they beat a goat!! sounds like the ricers when they beat a ws6 (like you dont wish you had an ls2) hahaha
... anyone can beat anyone with the proper cash flow... lets just all get along i payed 26,500 for my gto with 2500 miles... i could have easily purchased a vette like yours with cash to spare...lol but my favorites are the new z06 which i couldnt afford at the time lol
Yeah I know what your saying. I guess they like to brag about that because down in side they may resent the GTO a little. I say that because GM ditched the F-Body and gave the GTO the LS2 and all of GMs newest tech. They are still trying to prove the point that they are still fast and relevant even when compared to the newer GTO. I believe the GTO was seen as a step brother rather than a brother to many in the F-body family. I had 3 F-body Lsx cars before my Z06. I just never really fell in love with the GTO for some reason. I know they have a much nicer interior and ride, along with the fit and finish. People that have them love them, but in the end they met the same fate as the F-body. They were canned due to low sales, I think that had a lot to do with the looks of them. Like you said, we all have the car we like the best and we are all lsx powered. We should get along instead of ripping on each other, if you dont like the GTO then dont buy one. That does not give you the reason to down those who do like them and buy them. I like all lsx cars and respect all who have them, unless they are ignorant, immature tools like some people who just rip GTOs to rip them.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually the amount of sales had nothing to do with it. The Manaro was slated to run for three more years when the GTO was released here and the GTO was slated for a 3 year run. The fate of the GTO was decided before the first one was ever sold.

Now will Holden build the new Monaro?? And will GM release it here?? I hope!!