Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a TBSS this morning in the GTO.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98SS1LWEE

Do you even own an LS Vehicle? Go drive a little then come back
i was at kalsu last tour nice place lol.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced plenty of LS2 Goats at the track, auto, stick, you name it. Some with bolt ons some stock and haven't lost yet.. Before I did the Converter the truck was going 12.9-13.0's all day long and only mods are in the Sig.

Have plenty of vids, have to look for a Goat one? I agree that it makes no sense whatsoever for a truck that weighs a good 1000lbs more with the same engine to be as quick, but it does? is it the gearing? who the hell knows, but I've been there and done it..
How about all the SRT8 Chargers I've bested going 13.1's while they were in the .2's and slower... Or the Stick C5 with a few boltons going 13.0 and beating him by a fender through the lights? they always do the same thing after the race, come over poke their little heads under the hood and then walk away telling their friends they couldn't find it.. what you ask? the nitrous, because there's no way a TBSS out ran a Goat, Vette, SRT8, etc. without it.. close minded people, I like it.. Especially after I installed the Vig and started beating C6's (obviously stock -minor bolt on ones) but it's always the same reaction lol...

I got somethin for you GTO guys..

here's a 12.5 run with mine against a 12.7 SRT8 Jeep..

here's the slips for the bewildered I was #103 jeep was #102 (that jeep has since gone deep into the 11's)

Last edited by TonyGXP; 10-13-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Damn, ALOT of know it alls in here. My 06 TBSS would **** up some fast stuff. I've got a video of me racing a friends bolt-on, tuned C5 M6 from a dig and putting it on him till 120mph.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpKsR-cbDz8
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL if yo uare running bolt on GTOs and they are in the 13s then they nned to learn how to drive. There are plenty of stock GTOs running 12s.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
LOL if yo uare running bolt on GTOs and they are in the 13s then they nned to learn how to drive. There are plenty of stock GTOs running 12s.
THE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
THE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only reporting on what i've experienced personally.. and sorry to report that yes... plenty at least three that i've run with eiter against or ahead or behind in the lanes were bolt ons in the low 13's and I agree they can't drive, but if that's who's got'em... that's who's got'em.. I've also seen GTO's running 10's... so as usual who gives a Fu**
to stay on point the TBSS's can be built and driven to defy the laws of physics.. Bricks CAN fly

PS, at least it's all GM, could be worse, like a Ford
Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't know anything about a Mach race or whatever, just speaking on the OP and the obvious lack of respect for the TBSS... All I know is you better watch what you say, because you never know what's lurking around the next corner...

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bH2izD7IFU
Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

That link is broken. Anyway ANY car can be modified to be fast. Whats the point in saying it over and over and over, we all know. The car I own now is the slowest car I have owned in 5 years, by alot. Going by physics and the fact that the two vehicles have the same motor mod for mod a GTO will be faster. TBSSs can also be modded more to be faster. I think the entire car world understands this. And the thing about the Mach is someone posted a kill story about a year ago, which is where some jackass ressurected this thread from, and said his stock TBSS pulled a Mach from a roll and I said sorry its not happening.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Launching!

a Bolton 150shot tbss is as fast as a Bolton ls1 with 100shot, ask me how I know
Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by scottHMT
a Bolton 150shot tbss is as fast as a Bolton ls1 with 100shot, ask me how I know
Im sure it is. Bigger motor, more hp from the start and a 1/3 bigger shot.

Now ask me if I care.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by scottHMT
How do you know??????
Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Teching In

This TBSS sounds pretty stout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUP8jS5TMqU
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

That link is broken. Anyway ANY car can be modified to be fast. Whats the point in saying it over and over and over, we all know. The car I own now is the slowest car I have owned in 5 years, by alot. Going by physics and the fact that the two vehicles have the same motor mod for mod a GTO will be faster. TBSSs can also be modded more to be faster. I think the entire car world understands this. And the thing about the Mach is someone posted a kill story about a year ago, which is where some jackass ressurected this thread from, and said his stock TBSS pulled a Mach from a roll and I said sorry its not happening.
This link works...I think the point your missing by me and most of the other TBSS guys that are on here is that regardless of what some dude posted earlier, you and a number of other GTO guys on here seem to vastly underestimate how quick these mules can be made to go. Not to mention the frank disrespect for the fact that fast is fast and it don't matter if its a GTO, a TBSS, or a Ford Fiesta. Understand there is an equalizer to physics, and when you happen to be racing what looks like a bolt-on blazer, expecting an easy kill, but instead you get the horns, just don't say I didn't try to warn you. If you read the thread, most of the comments weren't based (nor were mine) on a mach, your race or anything other than a blatant lack of mutual respect for a fellow LSX vehicle and the fact that these rides can be made very fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bH2izD7IFU
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Dude I guess you dont get it. I have already said that anything can be made fast. I also stated a stock one isnt taking out a Mach. I never once said anything bad about one but thanks continuing to hark on something that doesnt need to be.

Just so you will know of my last two cars neither were a GTO and both would have raped the **** out of just about any TBSS. Not that it matters just saying...

Last edited by necrocannibal; 10-17-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Dude I guess you dont get it. I have already said that anything can be made fast. I also stated a stock one isnt taking out a Mach. I never once said anything bad about one but thanks continuing to hark on something that doesnt need to be.

Just so you will know of my last two cars neither were a GTO and both would have raped the **** out of just about any TBSS. Not that it matters just saying...
yeah but the way you've put makes it sound like you have no respect for another fellow LSX, you came on here bashing another GM product.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TBSS-RAGE
nada....just lurking!!!!!!!!!!

is that one still dying a slow death......i havn't logged into it in probably 4-6 months......

you do your thing in iraq brother and be safe.......thanks for your service bro!!!!!!!!!
sorry for the late reply, i lost my internet in Baghdad. i'm finally in the states and will be home Sunday. thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gregsss
yeah but the way you've put makes it sound like you have no respect for another fellow LSX, you came on here bashing another GM product.
Why?? Because I said I dont see a stock TBSS beating a Mach?? It wont.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Why?? Because I said I dont see a stock TBSS beating a Mach?? It wont.
You are 100% correct. A stock TBSS will NOT beat a stock Mach. A truck that runs 14 stock on average against a car that runs 13.5 on average will get pulled, plain and simple (all things being equal).

There is a vid on Youtube of a stock 2006 TBSS vs. a stock 2000 Camaro SS. They race about 3 times and from a dig and roll; the f-body pulls away easy (at least 3-4 cars). The reason I post this is that a stock Mach is pretty close to a stock f-body.

I have a bolt-on TBSS so I know something about them.