Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got called out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008 | 02:31 PM
On The Tree

my friend has a galant VR4 with a 16g running i think around 20lbs. My WS6 just has lid,filter, catback, and ported throttle body. from about a 50 roll i would pull him pretty good. at the track though, he would get the jump and i could not catch up in time. he was running 13.2's to my 13.4's
Old 03-31-2008 | 05:51 PM
On The Tree

16G and 19 psi is enough for 12's in that car.

I can't believe you are even debating this. He has an upgraded turbo and is calling out a stock F-body....he must be a winner
Old 03-31-2008 | 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

yea, i thought it was a bitch move to try and keep callin me out when my car is *** stock except for a lid...I am hopin the c5 destroys his ***...Where are you guys hiding the nitrous? Is it possible to hide it without getting rid of the spare tire? Also, I have a 2 year warranty on my car, I think a stall converter would void that? If i spray the ar, I can take it off if it ***** anything up, haha...
Old 03-31-2008 | 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
yea, i thought it was a bitch move to try and keep callin me out when my car is *** stock except for a lid...I am hopin the c5 destroys his ***...Where are you guys hiding the nitrous? Is it possible to hide it without getting rid of the spare tire? Also, I have a 2 year warranty on my car, I think a stall converter would void that? If i spray the ar, I can take it off if it ***** anything up, haha...
Yup, I dont know too much about it but they have nitrous kits that you can hide under neath the intake and run the lines so no one can see it unless your digging around in there. and I think the bottle is mounted in the glove box, but its only like a 5 lb bottle. Thats what I would do if you wanted to be sneaky about it.
Old 03-31-2008 | 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

just race him and get it over with it will be motivation for u to upgrade your car.
Old 04-01-2008 | 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

lol, i already have motivation to mod my car...the second i bought it...lol
Old 04-01-2008 | 01:36 AM
TECH Junkie

exactly, it is for cash. This kid is only 17, so whether he knows what he's doing as far as car modding is debatable. My one buddy had a 650hp talon and it was FWD...****** moved out, but had no traction whatsoever...He had the ***** to tell me to run from a dig and he'd give me 10 cars...This means A. His car is really stout and fast...B. His car is fast, be he is cocky...or C. He has no clue WTF he is doing and thinks his car is hot ****.
You sound like your a 17 year old

And your freinds a moron for building a 600hp fwd DSM...Burn that pile and build a awd car

Last edited by slick1851; 04-01-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2008 | 01:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SERB Z06
16G and 19 psi is enough for 12's in that car.

I can't believe you are even debating this. He has an upgraded turbo and is calling out a stock F-body....he must be a winner
Its not a big turbo upgrade, in fact they came stock on some cars over seas..Its nothing crazy

You can put one on a stock engine, or with mods

I had a EVOIII 16G wich is known for doing over 350whp and some have hit 400whp plus...its a very fast spooling turbo wich makes it good and the

evoIII 16G flows better than a big16..

Without a set of cams, your going to walk him from a roll........

And if he can launch good, and you spin he will get you..But without cams you have more topend then him

It also depends on the mods and how its tuned...Ive seen some real hack **** going on
Old 04-01-2008 | 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slick1851
You sound like your a 17 year old

And your freinds a moron for building a 600hp fwd DSM...Burn that pile and build a awd car
I'm 19 and have been around and loved cars since I was 3, mainly the only one in my family interested in cars besides my uncle, he's the one showing me the ropes. This LS1 is the first car that I plan to do all of the work to myself, with the exception of the transmission and wiring stuff. I didn't tell that kid what to buy, he was 4 years older than me at the time and he already had the car when i met him...it was consistent 10s because he couldn't hook...there's f-bodies here making less horsepower running better times, i understand that, its all in the setup, and thats what he had....
Old 04-01-2008 | 09:32 AM
On The Tree

So this kid is a dick for wanting to run a stock Fbody in his bairly modified DSM, but you guys want to hide a N2O kit and run him?

Pot meet kettle.
Old 04-01-2008 | 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

no one knows if he's barely modified, i haven't seen the car...i've listed the only things i know...
Old 04-01-2008 | 11:06 AM
On The Tree

no one knows if he's barely modified, i haven't seen the car...i've listed the only things i know...

I know it is bairly modified. He is 17 and owns a 1G DSM with a 16G. He is young and wants a quick car on a budget. Budget + DSM = a car that might run well, but is not hard hitting 16G car. If he wasn't on a budget he wouldn't own a DSM in the first place.

Unless he is the one rare instance out of all the other young DSM owners his car won't be super fast.

All my opinion, but I see this everyday.
Old 04-01-2008 | 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Unless he is the one rare instance out of all the other young DSM owners his car won't be super fast.

dont need to be super fast to be a bone stock t/a. if he has that turbo and the proper supporting mods ie, exhaust,downpipe,fuel pump and injectors and knows how to tune he will smoke you. theres 10x the info on the net about modding dsms its so easy any 17 yr old can do it and make a fast one.
Old 04-01-2008 | 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jsteele90

dont need to be super fast to be a bone stock t/a. if he has that turbo and the proper supporting mods ie, exhaust,downpipe,fuel pump and injectors and knows how to tune he will smoke you. theres 10x the info on the net about modding dsms its so easy any 17 yr old can do it and make a fast one.
This is the common misconception with cars. Yes information is on the net, but being able to build a good running car is never as easy as just reading a few forums. In addition to this an impressive parts list also does not gaurantee a win in any way.

I do a lot of work on local DSM and see it first had every weekend. Yes, you are correct that a well supprted 16G car can run low 12's fairly easy, however, as I said most 17 year old kids do not own well supported 16 cars that run well.
Old 04-01-2008 | 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

he prob has supporting mods to run the 16g at 19psi, bigger injectors,piggy back fuel system. that car is going to rape a stock ls1. prob need n20 to beat him. its prob a high 11's low 12' car. it's very arrogant to call out a stock car with his talon especially for money(if its involved)
Old 04-01-2008 | 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

money is involved guys, but I just got an update on the driver because this stupid chick lied to me. He's early 20s and fat, so we got the hefty driver mod here, lol...not gonna make much difference though because talons are light to begin with. The c5 race is going down tonight, and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I was also told the guy doesn't know his HP and he's running a "small turbo," i have a feeling this guy is trying to hustle, so I'll find out tonight.
Old 04-01-2008 | 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

well a 16g turbo is a small turbo in my eyes. my gsx had a fp green now that was a nice turbo.
Old 04-01-2008 | 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

i understand that its small in relation to things, but someone here mentioned a small and big version of the 16g? I have my mind set that 19lbs is a lot, and then i think twice and realize that 4 cylinders need more boost for hp, and that most evos, etc, are running upwards of 24lbs...
Old 04-01-2008 | 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

race moved to another night...its freezing *****...
Old 04-02-2008 | 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by getusumws6
he prob has supporting mods to run the 16g at 19psi, bigger injectors,piggy back fuel system. that car is going to rape a stock ls1. prob need n20 to beat him. its prob a high 11's low 12' car. it's very arrogant to call out a stock car with his talon especially for money(if its involved)
Im with you on that! I had an 2G Eclipse and I can say an AWD car with even a Small 16G can see 12's easily with bullshit mods on 19PSI. So put him on a 12 second car or faster. Chances are he's running a Big 16G in which case he has to be running bigger injectors, Fuel controller and supporting mods like full 3 inch exhaust ETC. He's making minimum 275WHP at the 4 corners. Which on an AWD DSM is LEATHAL out of the hole.

Get yourself a shot and DEFINITELY some Drag Radial.