Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got called out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i never said the car was a ricer i'm just with all the other guys that are trying to say this guy is a ricer he buys a car completly done then trys to lie about everything that was done to it come now that guy probably never even held a wrench in his hands
Old 04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is the real world, 4 cylinders make big power and smoke v8's every day, then the engine blows up after 10,000 miles from too much boost.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is the real world, 4 cylinders make big power and smoke v8's every day, then the engine blows up after 10,000 miles from too much boost.
Um no they dont'. A built forged up 4 cylinder can go for many many thousands of miles and does not need that high a boost with the right turbo to beat most stock or near stock v8s. Its not boost that makes the power. Its airflow. A big turbo can put out 500 engine hp at 20psi while the stock one might put out 250 or 300 at same psi. They make great parts to strengthen up these talon engines. American parts mostly. For example I have crower connecting rods in my 97 talon, wiseco pistons same as my 99 408 engine. I have eagle forged crank to install this year,crower valve springs, and crower cams. My intercooler is huge made in USA product. Intake manifold is custom sheet metal intake made in USA. Turbo is huge garett made in USA.

And just said eariler I have had several boosted up talons with like 180,000 miles on their original engines. Still running great ,not buring oil with good compression.

And while not a fan of hondas and other factory non turbo cars. They also can be made to stand up to pretty good power if you put in quality aftermarket parts. As for the non turbo decal fart pipe imports..well most of them are very slow stock. Some of the slowest cars at our local track are non turbo imports..Heck my 2008 montana van can beat many of them.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

I never called the the car a ricer, I have respect for anything fast, the guys attitude makes him a ricer. As for the guy the called me a hustler by trying to hide the spray, I already knew this guy was trying to hustle me when he offered me 10 lengths and claimed to only have AWD and 19lbs and nothing else. Then the night of the race, all of sudden he was claiming his car was FWD...despite the stickers and the fact that it had DRs on all 4 tires...The guy won't race for anything but money. He's just a tool, I said for fun, and he said no, it had to be for at least a tank of gas or 20 bucks. I told him I knew i was gonna lose, and he still refused to race just for fun. I knew he was all bullshit because he didn't even bother to look at the vette before the race. Either way, my car has a 2 year warranty, so I am going to do catback, LS6 intake, ported TB, full suspension, and 9 inch rear end. None of those parts will void my warranty, and my car will be ready to handle some decent power once the warranty is up...As soon as thats up, big stall, H/C, and some spray...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
I never called the the car a ricer, I have respect for anything fast, the guys attitude makes him a ricer. As for the guy the called me a hustler by trying to hide the spray, I already knew this guy was trying to hustle me when he offered me 10 lengths and claimed to only have AWD and 19lbs and nothing else. Then the night of the race, all of sudden he was claiming his car was FWD...despite the stickers and the fact that it had DRs on all 4 tires...The guy won't race for anything but money. He's just a tool, I said for fun, and he said no, it had to be for at least a tank of gas or 20 bucks. I told him I knew i was gonna lose, and he still refused to race just for fun. I knew he was all bullshit because he didn't even bother to look at the vette before the race. Either way, my car has a 2 year warranty, so I am going to do catback, LS6 intake, ported TB, full suspension, and 9 inch rear end. None of those parts will void my warranty, and my car will be ready to handle some decent power once the warranty is up...As soon as thats up, big stall, H/C, and some spray...
Forgive me for being confused but how is he hustling you by giving you 10 car lengths?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

cuz he offered me from a dig first and said just those two mods of 16g and 19lbs with AWD...when i said no, all of a sudden it was 10 lengths and him claiming it'd be an easy win for me. Why would you want to race for money and tell me I am gonna win? After watching him almost beat my buddies vette, everything came full circle...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

haha, I just realized i made a sig...thanks LT1MAN...haha
Old 04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

You said you watched him almost beat your buddies vette? what does the vette have done to it? I say race him! I race people all the time not knowing If im gonna win or lose! ya never know whats gonna happen till you go get you some of that dsm!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

i've raced my buddy's vette and lost, and the minimum this kid will race for is 20 bucks, I'm not gonna put up 20 bucks to lose. The vette is an FRC, so it weighs less than the usual vettes of that year. Only mods are 3.73 gears, intake, unknown catback, shortthrow shifter, and thats it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Twenty bucks is hardly a big bet. And anything can happen in a race. Guy might miss a shift,short shift, hit the limiter,etc. He can even bog the launch those talons can bog pretty easy just like ls1s. Race him for the twenty. Think of it as fun and see how close you are. Can always try again when you get more mods. Now if we are talking 500 bucks or more or pink slips well that is a little different.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

where did he buy the talon from? what wheels does it have on it?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

How close was the race with the vette?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
thanks for the response man...very educational...Its just bullshit that this ******* tried to hustle us, when we clearly knew it had more than what he was saying. Guy is a typical ricer though, bought the car as is, never really turned a wrench in his life...Its a shame my buddy is leaving for the military on the 29th...not enough time to throw in the new ORX pipe and some spray...Talon refused a roll race...
Welcome to the world of street racing, Chicago style. A lot of these guys are all about the hustle, that does not make him a ricer. He probably saw you as easy prey. Get used to people trying to hustle if you plan on hanging out at the car spots in the Chicago area.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
And just said eariler I have had several boosted up talons with like 180,000 miles on their original engines. Still running great ,not buring oil with good compression.
And what fairy tale land do you live in??

I've never seen a DSM, regardless of mileage, that didn't burn oil. Sorry to rain on your parade, but they are pieces of crap, especially reliability wise.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
And what fairy tale land do you live in??

I've never seen a DSM, regardless of mileage, that didn't burn oil. Sorry to rain on your parade, but they are pieces of crap, especially reliability wise.
evos arent dsms

you need to get out more. and you're talking about "build quality" and you drive an fbody?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
evos arent dsms

you need to get out more. and you're talking about "build quality" and you drive an fbody?
NO ******* **** RETARD. Where did I say an Evo was a DSM??

You're trying to call an F-body out on build quality, when your username is 88 blackGT??

There is more to "build quality" than interior materials and accessories, which we all know 90's GM vehicles are not known for. I'm talking about chassis, powertrain, and durability, which is what really matters. Thats why there are plenty of GM vehicles with well over 200,000 miles on them, I've owned one myself.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Banned

take the ricers money. eclipses arent fast, they werent even meant to be performance cars ( because they arent )
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're trying to call an F-body out on build quality, when your username is 88 blackGT??

There is more to "build quality" than interior materials and accessories, which we all know 90's GM vehicles are not known for. I'm talking about chassis, powertrain, and durability, which is what really matters. Thats why there are plenty of GM vehicles with well over 200,000 miles on them, I've owned one myself.
when did i call an fbody out on build quality? you said evos/dsms were shitty build quality, so i said you're a hypocrit.

and i guess since you've owned a GM w/ 200k miles, no other make or model could do it.

HAHA and if you're talking about drivetrain reliability, fox mustangs have great drivetrain reliability.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
when did i call an fbody out on build quality? you said evos/dsms were shitty build quality, so i said you're a hypocrit.

and i guess since you've owned a GM w/ 200k miles, no other make or model could do it.

HAHA and if you're talking about drivetrain reliability, fox mustangs have great drivetrain reliability.
God your stupid.

Where did I say foxes didn't have good drivetrain reliabilty?? Everything you say has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NO ******* **** RETARD. Where did I say an Evo was a DSM??

God your stupid.

Where did I say foxes didn't have good drivetrain reliabilty?? Everything you say has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.