Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got called out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
God you're an idiot, use some reading comprehension.

An 88 Fox is a 20 year old vehicle. Cars built in the 80's were not known for their build quality, most fall apart.

The drivetrain on the fox is stout, as far as the 5.0 and 8.8 go. As for the T5, I'm not convinced.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
And what fairy tale land do you live in??

I've never seen a DSM, regardless of mileage, that didn't burn oil. Sorry to rain on your parade, but they are pieces of crap, especially reliability wise.
He must live in the land of well mainted cars which happens to be the same land I live in.

My Talon doesn't drip a single drop of oil nor does it smoke what so ever and is pretty heavily modified. The motor has about 12-15K on it and is beat on every time I drive it.

My GVR4 has the stock long block and just turned 140K the other day. It doesn't smoke either and I just noticed a small drop of oil between the filter housing and and the oil cooler about a week ago.

I am sure you will retort with some super witty comeback based on generalizations, hatred for imports, and your specialty ignorance, but you can save it.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
He must live in the land of well mainted cars which happens to be the same land I live in.

My Talon doesn't drip a single drop of oil nor does it smoke what so ever and is pretty heavily modified. The motor has about 12-15K on it and is beat on every time I drive it.

My GVR4 has the stock long block and just turned 140K the other day. It doesn't smoke either and I just noticed a small drop of oil between the filter housing and and the oil cooler about a week ago.

I am sure you will retort with some super witty comeback based on generalizations, hatred for imports, and your specialty ignorance, but you can save it.
Good for you. 12-15K?? Wow, that must be world record for a mitsubishi engine to go without burning any oil or coolant
Old 04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Good for you. 12-15K?? Wow, that must be world record for a mitsubishi engine to go without burning any oil or coolant

You forgot about the 140K on a bone stock short block in the Galant, but that wouldn't be good supporting evidence for your clear bias and stupid remarks now would it? Pretty much what I expected.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

You forgot about the 140K on a bone stock short block in the Galant, but that wouldn't be good supporting evidence for your clear bias and stupid remarks now would it? Pretty much what I expected.
gallant? Bwahahhahah!!!!!!!!!!!! GTFO ricer
Old 04-10-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello..anybody home??? I just told you that I have personally owned many dsms with original engines that didn't burn any oil at over 100,000 miles. Now most do leak some will admit that. The engine while very strong does use way too many gaskets if you ask me. And turbo engines normally consume a bit more oil than non turbo motors. And many dsms have been abused and owned by 16 year olds who's idea of maintenance is maybe a plug change.But properly maintained and properly modded they can do good numbers for reasonable investment of hardware.

And I obvioulsy like my gm f bodies. As said the lt1 engines were tough but had optispark problems and constant intake manifold leaking on some of them. My current 96z28 vert so far has not had either problem. My brand new 97 taws6 had the intake manifold leak problem twice. And many ls1 have bad piston slap problems and some burn oil also bad. I have several ls1 buddies that have had engines replaced for horrible piston slap problem. My 99 ta is good so far but has only 12,000 original miles on it.Gm fourth gen and third gen rear ends are weak. Gm auto trannies are so so once you start upping the power thru them. Not talking 480 swaps or old stuff like turbo 400s and turbo 350s.Those trannies are pretty tough.

If you read my sig you will see I have both dsms and lt1 and ls1 cars. Prior to this ls1 I had 96 ta and 97 taws6. Prior to that owned a bunch of second gens,currently have an 80 ta ws6. And for dsms have now owned a 92 talon awd turbo 5 spd, a 90 talon awd 5 speed, and still currently own four dsms. 97 talon turbo awd 5 spd, 91 auto turbo awd and two laser fwd turbo 5spds.Selling the two lasers ,buy and sell dsms sometimes for sideline.

So think that gives me a pretty good grasp of the dsm cars and their reliability. Say it one more time, properly maintained and properly modded they are pretty reliable. That said they are getting older and parts are getting harder to get with some parts being discontinued now. Gm is much better for making parts for more years and jobber also makes a lot of f body parts for the older f bodies. But you can also buy 1st gen dsms for cheap to have for spare parts. I have picked up several for 500 bucks that were crashed or dead from various reasons, most of the time the 16 year olds simply trying to run big boost on bone stock car.

For those of you that don't like imports well whatever. Remember lambos and ferraris and porches are imports as our toyota twin turbo supras, nissan skylines,and many other great cars. And lets not forget that the fastest bikes currently out there are made in Japan. Had several of those as well. Funny we think of japanese cars as rice but then think nothing of driving a japanese bike. Whats rice is guys that decal up a car that has basically no potential or horsepower stock. I have seen many stock or near stock hondas at our local track run times slower than my 2008 pontiac montana! Now its only ricey if those guys think they are fast or put stupid mods on them like ground effects and fugly altezzas and big wings trying to make them look fast.

Dsms are not that slow stock. They are pretty quick with very few cheap mods and they can be very very fast with quality mods ,parts and tuning.

For you doubters out there well I have wasted a few of my f body clubs cars with my dsms in the past. And they were diehard v8 guys that would not have believed a 4 banger could kill a v8. But turbos are the NEW HOTNESS! And AWD rules on street tires against a v8 also on pure street tires,not talking nitto drag radials here.

But don't get me wrong . A turbo v8 or turbo v10 or turbo v12 is still better than a turbo 4. 4 bangers and to a less extent six bangers generally are going to be torqueless and hp less off boost. And need to really be wound up to make good power. I love my lt1 and ls1 cars even NA. A non turbo dsm is super gutless. No arguement on that point.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ImportsFail
gallant? Bwahahhahah!!!!!!!!!!!! GTFO ricer
It is actually spelled Galant and I like it here just fine. Thanks though.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i like vr4 galants, good sleeper compared to an evo

Last edited by 88blackgt; 04-10-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

sad ricer
Old 04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Your mullet is over powering your brain.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

where did he buy the talon from? what wheels does it have on it?
he didn't say where he bought it from, car is black with a silver bottom on it, black rims on BFG drag radials. Just black 5 spokes, maybe 16s or 17s...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
he didn't say where he bought it from, car is black with a silver bottom on it, black rims on BFG drag radials. Just black 5 spokes, maybe 16s or 17s...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...deo_145516.htm

?

he had bfg radials all around on some rota slipstreams, car was from iowa, sold out of state i dono where, chicago is only 4 hours away
Old 04-11-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

HOLY ****, THAT's THE CAR!!!!! i didn't pay attention to see if the mods were in the video, but at the end, with those rims, that IS the car, thanks man, do u know the mods?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

haha, no wonder he almost beat the vette, ****** ran an 11.434...looks like i'm gonna need some mods, stat, lol...vette just outlaunched him that race
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ImportsFail
sad ricer

Looks as if someone told you to get GTFO. Sorry your stay was short.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
HOLY ****, THAT's THE CAR!!!!! i didn't pay attention to see if the mods were in the video, but at the end, with those rims, that IS the car, thanks man, do u know the mods?
built motor, 35r, jack's tranny, caged, gutted

it shoulda been in the 10s, but a couple minor tweaks kept it in the low 11s. it was still a link car last i saw but he was thinking about going to aem, no idea if its still link or what.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

built motor, 35r, jack's tranny, caged, gutted

it shoulda been in the 10s, but a couple minor tweaks kept it in the low 11s. it was still a link car last i saw but he was thinking about going to aem, no idea if its still link or what.
That is a little bit different from a 16G car. No wonder it scoots.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Hello..anybody home??? I just told you that I have personally owned many dsms with original engines that didn't burn any oil at.....

....need to really be wound up to make good power. I love my lt1 and ls1 cars even NA. A non turbo dsm is super gutless. No arguement on that point.
you sir are my hero. hopefully the rest of these "bright" people in here will understand and wont be so biased.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

subscribing
Old 04-11-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

in b4 lock!