Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

(also old) A brisk morning Jaunt, evo smeevo..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (also old) A brisk morning Jaunt, evo smeevo..

Sunlight creeping forth from the starynight. My shift was over and I awaited relief, with much anticipation...

I drove her. Red like other things in the world that are red... Red like an apple...Red like a crayola crayon...red like the paint on a 95 Fbody...red like, well red...whats red...deep deep and yet brilliantly red? Oh well. ITs red...

Her lines sweeping, her wing glistening with morning dew...Those ET STreets, ragged and torn, but so willing to grip the tarmak like Steel Talons, never relenting...The Engine.. an untuned bolt on monster making mountains of torque and just shy of 400 horses... without spray...

She fires on the first crank. She always does... He throaty growl racing to an explosive roar with the slightest blip of the throttle... Easing out onto the highway, she flowed seemlessly with traffic...looking, waiting...wanting....

Traffic was light this time of morning, the highway and bi-ways clearing, allowing her to stretch her legs...Wanting to, but waiting...waiting until she's good and warm...140....150.....160 degrees....Ahh...Good_morning sweetness...

Climbing north along a meandering mountain side passage she progressed with ease...Cruising along at 90mph is sureal, this time of day... nothing but trees and rocks and a picturesque sky with purple and blue hues, seen only by those early risers too groggy to appreciate them...

The exit to my home was coming up fast, perhaps subconciously I wasnt ready... I passed it by, opting for the next exit, the one that would take me the long way around...and past the local race outlet.

Glinting in the rising sun, a silver streak appears and blurs by going the opposite direction. Hearing that familiar sound and catching a glimps of the lazy eyed driver, I knew my querry was ripe for the kill... All clear as far as the eye could see I yanked right then locked the wheel to the left while slapping the stick to third and letting the tires eat....Smoke errupted all around as the powerslide 180 was excuted Dukes of Hazard style.. The chase was on.

Silver Bullet as it has been named was making good time and had a solid halfmile head start, but my little lady was pissed and that anger propelled her forward... third gear...90 fourth gear 130... fifth gear 150....Closing the gap fast, I laid into the brakes downshifting to an abrupt stop to the left of my nemisis... He glanced over in shock, his sleepy deameanor turning to obvious overconfidence thus turning into a frightfull laughter that only a 4 cyclinder lover could embue...

I pointed forward to the track turn off and he aggreed...

Like a feline playing with a mouse before the kill, I taunted this rice rocket into thinking this was a sure thing...an easy win... The light went green, I let the clutch out nice and slow and then applied half throttle, just to see if he would bite... And bite he did... Coming out of the hole like Batman from the batcave the EVO Exploded forth creating an instant 3 car lead...Short shifting to second I toyed with the idea of remaining in his blindspot but the urge to finish him quick prevailed... Welding the go pedal to the firewall, second came to pass....slapping the joystick to third I realed in the EVO effortlessly until the track conditions were such that the race ended prematurely, me coming on like a freight train... I smiled. Knowing full well he had shown me his hand...and all he was holding was a pair of 2's.

Taking the longbend turn, the EVO tucked in behind me Togue style and the chase commensed... I leazurly went through the gears, saving myself for the real event...I know how well the EVO's can handle corner carving, and that isnt the TA's strong suit. She would rather come into a turn full throttle sideways than attack it like the gracefull Mitsu. I rather preserve my race tires...

Slowing to a nearstop, 2mph or so I gave the 3 beep signal. Go on three... The EVO went on 2.75, not that it would matter.

Side by side... I waited... He launched.... I smiled... I love awd launches... They are so pretty to watch... And I get so much more satisfaction in running my prey down by the eighth that just BLAZING them from the start... I left the line part throttle, not taking advantage of the drag radials... once rolling I nailed the throttle and at this point the EVO had only a two car lead... My tires boiled off in protest and I slapped to second letting them warm up just a little....Second gear was smooth, only using 3/4 throttle and realing the Mitsu_ sport_flagship in with all that raw american Torque was as easy as pie?... Having seen first hand the EVO's staying power I let third come into being with never lifting the throttle, walking by the Silver bullet with suttle remorse, blowing a kiss to the pilot as I did so.... The Evo was in it for the long haul and Gear by gear he stayed true to his game. His shifts were slow and sloppy, similar to how old people scrog, but the superior power plant design showed its colors, and their colors shine bright...just not bright enough. The time passed by with the EVO's launch window all but spent, the TA was in her sweet spot... Deep into forth gear I looked in the mirror seeing the evo shrinking... I let fourth wind out to 6000....then 6500 letting off and applying the binders....a solid 6 plus cars ahead... It was a victorous day...

It almost didnt seem fair... I felt sickend by the events that transpired. How dare I pick on a hapless 4 banger... What was I trying to prove? I have almost 3 times the displacement for Pete's sake! Tried and true monster torque... Good rubber... A fully supported nitrous system... I think its high time I start racing cars that are worthy...

32k for an EVO... that gets walked by an 6500 dollar oldschool suedo sportscar... sounds like a bargain to me...
Old 04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

Nice kill and entertaining story lol.

I agree about the Evo being slow for the price, 230WHP is a joke for $35K. Not to mention the **** poor quality and multiple reliability problems they have, as well as the exhaust note that could make even the most hard core ricer cringe.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why can't you test drive an Evo?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned

Maybe ill read those kill another day. But after reading the first few corny-*** lines it was enough for me.

Dont get me wrong I love an entertaining well written story. But come on this isn't a romance novel forum.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice kill but I kinda agree with this guy /\
Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
Nice kill but I kinda agree with this guy /\
X2
Old 04-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

fail.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, oh man. I guess your story didn't go over too well. Nice kill on the Evo, though. What year was it and what are your mods? Did you get his mods?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Teching In

I can't believe i just read all of that. Good story, but that was way to long for a kill on a EVO.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Tough crowd,

Mods on his car at the time was an exhaust, mbc, a flash tune if I recall correctly. Its been some time ago, and so manythings have changed between then and now

Mine back then, was all the bolt ons and the cc305 cam.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice try, but neither Motor Trend nor Penthouse Forums looks for writers on LS1tech.com.

But I'm sure your creative writing teacher will give you an A, which will look good on your transcripts when you apply to a community college.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Nice kill, but next time, be sure to include cliff notes for those of us that don't want to read a book on how you killed an EVO.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just messing with you to spyonu2007, so don't take it the wrong way, just having some fun.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

32k for an EVO... that gets walked by an 6500 dollar oldschool suedo sportscar... sounds like a bargain to me...
Yeah, and that's what the Lambo said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lJwlUJU-f8

Don't be a jackass, I'd like to see the race in anything but straights...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
Yeah, and that's what the Lambo said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lJwlUJU-f8

Don't be a jackass, I'd like to see the race in anything but straights...
1st off I HATE THAT GUY.
2nd spoken like a true ricer. "well ill take you in the twisties". who races like that on the street. honestly
i cant believe you put a link up to watch that jackass.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm arent the stock EVO VIII 's 270 bhp??? They didnt say that its was moded or anything, running 30lbs or something crazy like that
Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
1st off I HATE THAT GUY.
2nd spoken like a true ricer. "well ill take you in the twisties". who races like that on the street. honestly
i cant believe you put a link up to watch that jackass.
Where did I say anything about the street you *** hat. Spoken like a true ricer? Lets talk about something besides a straight line roll race kthxbai.

Stock boost on an EVO is 19psi I believe. 03-04 rated at 271hp I believe... they put down about 240ishwhp. TBE, Flash, tune... cam ($2000) will get you close to 330-350WHP... good for a low 12 second pass.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:18 AM
On The Tree

i dont care.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
i dont care.
No one asked you if you did
Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
Where did I say anything about the street you *** hat.
LS1TECH > RACING DEPARTMENT > Street Racing & Kill Stories