Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ealucero1
Honestly there are idiots owning all cars. Immature dicks running excess of 100 mph on 45mph roads. I don't care whats under your hood 4, 6, or 8 cylinders. If you drive like an *** it doen't matter. I've known people into trucks, ricers, muscle cars, and motor cycles. Some are idiots but most are cool and don't drive like total dicks. I started working on cars with my 87 Supra Turbo and its what got me interested in cars. Its all taste, it may not be yours but theres nothing wrong with it. I think the fart cans are annoying but cars are cars and working on them is just as fun no matter what it is. And until you drive a Supra your just talkin ****, those things are fast as hell and most people have never driven a Turbo equipped engine. I've encountered more Camaro and Mustang ******** than ricers anyways. I think most people into modding there cars end up being ***** at some point when they're driving around.
what town do you live in? Seriously there are so many more ricers that are cutting through cars on the freeway and going way too fast then there are domestics. That seems really odd but i do agree that every group has the people that give it a bad name.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 180ls1
Seriously there are so many more ricers that are cutting through cars on the freeway and going way too fast then there are domestics. That seems really odd but i do agree that every group has the people that give it a bad name.
Yes, same way around here as well.

This may be just my observation, but I have NEVER seen a domestic nameplated car doing the 'ricetard cut and weave' through heavy, dangerous traffic (the ricef**** also use the outer AND inner shoulders on the bumper to bumper highways!! ).
I see at least 3-4 members of the fart pipe and wing corps a week doing their 'dance'. :
Old 04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

I think what all comes down to is age and location. 16-21 is where your going to find alot of idiots no matter what car. I once drove my Supra 135 on the freeway and didn't think anything about danger, but as I've aged I've matured. Living in Southeastern Michigan, most cars are domestic. We had a spike of ricers for a couple of years but its died down. **** I thought my 88 Sable was a race car when I started driving. But I forget that ricer **** is still popular in other cities and states. Understand that living in Big3 territory I have the same ******** in domestic cars as you do ricers, my apologies.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

The retarded comments made by stopsign prove he is just a troll, and knows nothing about the subject at hand. Please bring your bitchass over to honda-tech and nutride over some ugly *** pos civic hatch stripper that runs 12.20s and breaks down every 2 runs.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Wow, hello retards....the OP said RICERS. He did not say all imports.

Pay the **** attention and learn the definition. Yes, they HAVE ruined the street racing scene.

Dan
Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

My 91 Nissan 5-Speed RWD S13 might be rice to some, but I loved that car.
Very fun little car to drive.

I didn't put a fart can, neon, or stickers on it... nothing.
Just nice tires and a center force clutch.

There is such a thing as tastefully modding, and modding the right import for speed.
300ZX's, Supra's, Celica's, 3000GT's, Eclipse's, 240SX's, etc... can be tastefully modded and are decent platforms to start modding.

To me, a 'ricer' is someone who acts 'all badass' because they drive a fast car (or think they do), weave through traffic, ignore speed limits because their car is 'so fast', also talks ****....etc

Altezza lights are the first sign of trouble
Old 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28voodoo
cmon.... NEVER?...
Not out in the desert. Most of the Sheriffs owned fast domestics, and attended the races when off duty. LOL. Life was good out in the A.V. before F&F arrived.

The races were out in desolate places, no people to complain, nobody to hurt, nothing but long straight un-used roads. It is still like that today, Sheriffs will shue away the domestics, and cite the imports.

Now CHP and city cops are a completely diff story.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You can count on one hand the amount of Imports I would own. Although I just think its dumb saying Imports ruined it for "us". Stupid people in general ruined it for everyone. The cars had nothing to do with it.
Truth. I'm not surprised so many people are pissed at you for saying it.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i think alot of you misunderstood what he was trying to say. hes saying back before the fast and the furious (and you all KNOW that movie was the cause of ricers) street racing was viewed a little differently and wasnt taken as seriously by police. but now all the ricers (import and domestics) screwed it all up and made it a huge deal. the glamor of hollywood at it's finest. we will leave the "what classifies as rice" discussion to another thread.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ElkySS
i think alot of you misunderstood what he was trying to say. hes saying back before the fast and the furious (and you all KNOW that movie was the cause of ricers) street racing was viewed a little differently and wasnt taken as seriously by police. but now all the ricers (import and domestics) screwed it all up and made it a huge deal. the glamor of hollywood at it's finest. we will leave the "what classifies as rice" discussion to another thread.

Fair enough.

I'll say this. Lots of things like a good street race are now being craked down on. DUI. Possesion of Marajuana. Hitting someone. 50 years ago you really were not in a heap of mega-crap over this. People fight, people drink, and some people do drugs.

But in our society today, everything is prosecuted to the max. And while I understand why, it does kinda suck. Punch some guy who's being a jerk and deserves it and you could end up in prison and have your life basicly FUBARed. You can be prosecuted big time by the state and then the guy you decked cn sue you. You will go on trial twice and often you will loose twice. Captain Jerk might even get your car.

And frankly I have seen every type of driver under the sun act like a tool. I got passed by a supercharged Vette awhile back. I was in the slow lane in a 75 zone doing 80. This guy went by like I was standing still. It was awesome. It was also incredibly stupid. If anyone person ahead of me had drifted into his lane or even not checked the mirrors carefully enough there is no way a fatality would have been averted. How about the Crown Vic that nailed a few people recently. How about a freind of mine who had lost controll of his LS6 camaro and did a full 360 on a public road? Thank god it was early morning. I like this guy but damn.

If you guys think that somehow having a domestic proves/requires that you dont do the same BS as stupid asses in fart canned whatevers, then you have blinders on. And pretty much any normal person will probably confirm that. Theres a lot of morons in the world, and they drive everything from a TYYYYP XRTSV-R to a Viper to a Lambo to a E55.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ +100%
Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

You can count on one hand the amount of Imports I would own. Although I just think its dumb saying Imports ruined it for "us". Stupid people in general ruined it for everyone. The cars had nothing to do with it.
Stopsign, I don't think I've ever seen so many people agree on any one post of yours!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Finally the truth Sparetire !
Old 04-03-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
The races were out in desolate places, no people to complain, nobody to hurt, nothing but long straight un-used roads. It is still like that today, Sheriffs will shue away the domestics, and cite the imports.
****** A man, i want to live there!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ealucero1
Honestly there are idiots owning all cars. Immature dicks running excess of 100 mph on 45mph roads. I don't care whats under your hood 4, 6, or 8 cylinders. If you drive like an *** it doen't matter. I've known people into trucks, ricers, muscle cars, and motor cycles. Some are idiots but most are cool and don't drive like total dicks. I started working on cars with my 87 Supra Turbo and its what got me interested in cars. Its all taste, it may not be yours but theres nothing wrong with it. I think the fart cans are annoying but cars are cars and working on them is just as fun no matter what it is. And until you drive a Supra your just talkin ****, those things are fast as hell and most people have never driven a Turbo equipped engine. I've encountered more Camaro and Mustang ******** than ricers anyways. I think most people into modding there cars end up being ***** at some point when they're driving around.
I will admit I am and can be a ****!!!! But it had nothing to do with me being into moding my car.LOL But I am not one of the above Douche nozzles you described.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Yes, same way around here as well.

This may be just my observation, but I have NEVER seen a domestic nameplated car doing the 'ricetard cut and weave' through heavy, dangerous traffic (the ricef**** also use the outer AND inner shoulders on the bumper to bumper highways!! ).
I see at least 3-4 members of the fart pipe and wing corps a week doing their 'dance'. :
I agree!!! I akin it to the equivelant of ***** envy. If you can stand up pissing you don't have to prove you are just as good or better. IE driving fast as opossed to being fast.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

The right way to street race!! People having fun in an area that is not high traffic!! This is me in my old 408 car. I miss her. R.I.P.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...ruck_35233.htm
Old 04-03-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Are you really that stupid?
Are you really supporting ricers? You're one of those dudes that would put a Nissan engine in his Mustang aren't you? Who's the stupid one?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Now, I wasn't around for this, but I've heard plenty of stories of how things used to be when street racing was good. There were no imports, there wasn't any bullshit drugs, guns, crowds, etc... There were a bunch of good ol' American Muscle Cars gettin down of the blacktop closin down roads and if the cops came, the racers were simply asked to leave. Sure there are plenty of people on the road driving American cars who drive like idiots, but it really seems like people driving imports drive like they have something to prove, when they really can't prove anything other than they get better gas mileage. It used to be hanging out, and when you set up a race, you and the other guy leave, race and come back and hang out. Now it's setting up a race(which now includes way too much bullshit) and once you do set something up, everyone and their mother has to come watch and THAT is why it gets busted up. Everyone wants their street race to look like the fast and the furious instead of bein straight up safe and simple. And I believe we can 1000% thank the rice burners for doin this. SOOOO STOPSIGN, WHY DON'T YOU GO PUT A COUPLE OF FART CANS ON YOUR MUSTANG, AND PUT ONE OF THE SHOPPING CART HANDLES ON THE BACK AND PAINT SOME SILLY LOOKIN PINK FLAMES OR SOME LINES THAT MAKE YOU LOOK FASTER AND GO HANG OUT AT YOUR LOCAL HONDA DEALERSHIP.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Okay!! Now that's funny!!!! You say that the ricers, or most anyways, that you know would hand half the guys here thier asses. Then you come back with this!!!! High 12's is stock Fbody range with good driver.
I like the post and agree totally with it. When I lived in Texas I used to cruise Valley Mills Drive in Waco. A better street scene I have yet to find. We would cruise until midnight then go out to a VERY secluded spot with police scanners and have a great time until day break.
Hell people would even have trailer cars there. Now I hear it is so riced out that it isn't even worth it. Yes there are dumbasses of every kind driving an assortment of cars. But these Fast and Furious types have invaded like a cancer. The cops are being forced to enforce the laws vigorously because of this. Some dumb ricer bitch plowed into a couple on a motor cycle this past weekend on a VERY busy street. She was doing burnouts past thier hang out and hit them at a high rate of speed. Not to say it doesn't happen, but I never hear about true street racers hitting anyone.

Actually, nobody forces us to enforce the law..... that's our job! I know this because I'm a cop. I've never come into work and been told lets crack down on street racing because people in imports are causing problems. I have heard lets crack down on street racing because its against the law and more and more people are doing it. If only two people were selling drugs in a state then it would be pretty hard to CRACK DOWN... but if everyone domestic and import are out street racing then be prepared for the blue light special! The increase in the amount of street racing and the numerous deaths is what is causing the crackdown not the type of car.

Quick Reply: Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.