Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think this thread has a serious hug deficit...

ricers need hugs so they don't feel the need to try and be alpha males all the time.
stopsign32v needs a hug because he's grouchy.
and this TheCarKid character...don't get me wrong, i don't like stopsign's trolling anymore than you do (he's in rare form on this thread BTW, he's usually a minor annoyance at best, not a full blown troll...nobody's perfect) but dad-gum dude!! just breathe lol.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Actually, nobody forces us to enforce the law..... that's our job! I know this because I'm a cop. I've never come into work and been told lets crack down on street racing because people in imports are causing problems. I have heard lets crack down on street racing because its against the law and more and more people are doing it. If only two people were selling drugs in a state then it would be pretty hard to CRACK DOWN... but if everyone domestic and import are out street racing then be prepared for the blue light special! The increase in the amount of street racing and the numerous deaths is what is causing the crackdown not the type of car.
IE dumb *** ricers causing the increase in traffic accidents. Street racing has been around for a long time. It has been brought to the forefront by the Fast and Furious douche nozzles. I have had several ocassions where cops come by and tell us to go away when we are in a secluded area. Hell even at one point THP came driving through flipping us the bird as they drove by. Unfortunately those days seem far and few between because of idiots racing in higher traffic areas.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, i'm with cunfuzed on this one...i think that the "more and more people are doing it" part can directly be attributed to the sudden influx of ricers (both import driving and domestic driving tools, that is). said influx can, as we seem to have pretty much all agreed on, be directly attributed to the whole F&F mindset...with any luck this fad of theirs will die out just like they always do and leave us good old fashioned amercian enthusiasts to our calling.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
IE dumb *** ricers causing the increase in traffic accidents. Street racing has been around for a long time. It has been brought to the forefront by the Fast and Furious douche nozzles. I have had several ocassions where cops come by and tell us to go away when we are in a secluded area. Hell even at one point THP came driving through flipping us the bird as they drove by. Unfortunately those days seem far and few between because of idiots racing in higher traffic areas.

If an officer drove by without running a 10-28 or 10-27 on anyone that is suspected of street racing then he's not doing his job! As a sworn officer of the State of Mississippi when I'm on duty my job is to uphold the law to the upmost! If that means breaking out the pen and writing tickets I honestly don't care what you're driving! I've written F-body and Mustang owners tickets and @ the same time told them how nice their car sounded. Maybe that's another problem in itself... cops letting domestic owners think its okay and just giving them a pass and targeting a certain group of people.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

I feel it is much like rap, the trend is here to stay. We have a dedicated group of what say pro street racers and have our own means of keeping out the riff raff. The vid I showed had over 300 people there from a 5 state area. Hell we even had a cop in a squad car watching! LOL
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS101
yeah, i'm with cunfuzed on this one...i think that the "more and more people are doing it" part can directly be attributed to the sudden influx of ricers (both import driving and domestic driving tools, that is). said influx can, as we seem to have pretty much all agreed on, be directly attributed to the whole F&F mindset...with any luck this fad of theirs will die out just like they always do and leave us good old fashioned amercian enthusiasts to our calling.

Weren't Camaro's made in Canada....eh?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

If an officer drove by without running a 10-28 or 10-27 on anyone that is suspected of street racing then he's not doing his job! As a sworn officer of the State of Mississippi when I'm on duty my job is to uphold the law to the upmost! If that means breaking out the pen and writing tickets I honestly don't care what you're driving! I've written F-body and Mustang owners tickets and @ the same time told them how nice their car sounded. Maybe that's another problem in itself... cops letting domestic owners think its okay and just giving them a pass and targeting a certain group of people.

Blah blah blah BFD! Go the **** away.

*There I go again making interweb friends*
Old 04-03-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

[/B]

Weren't Camaro's made in Canada....eh?
and mexico actually...however, that post refers to the nationality of the enthusiast, not the vehicle of their choice.

with that thought in mind, (though of mexican desent) i am an american, GM is an american company, and the firebird (i own a T/A BTW) is an american nameplate...close enough for gov't work.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mong00z
Get a clue you homo. Stock/bolton LS1s get awesome mileage on the highway and still pack hell a lot more power than torbo rice. My auto with stall still gets 28 mpg on stock wheels. What the hell are you talking about 17-20 mpg??? Go back to your rice forum and post ignorant crap like that to other idiots who don't have a clue.
28mpg with an auto? You're the ONLY one then.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Stopsign, I don't think I've ever seen so many people agree on any one post of yours!
Man just wait...at some point everyone will come to see that I am always right!! I'm currently trying to convince my g/f of this.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by COD02SS
28mpg with an auto? You're the ONLY one then.
No. No he's not.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheCarKid
Are you really supporting ricers? You're one of those dudes that would put a Nissan engine in his Mustang aren't you? Who's the stupid one?
No actually I'm one of those dudes that would put a LS2 based motor in a Fox body coupe car.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Man just wait...at some point everyone will come to see that I am always right!! I'm currently trying to convince my g/f of this.
As soon as you figure that one out........................write a F'n book man!!!LOL
Old 04-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
No. No he's not.
What the hell is wrong with mine then getting 17mpg?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe we shouldn't used the name "Ricer," too many people are getting confused ! Maybe we should call them "Idiots with DL. " You can't just single out imports and say "well there the reason why we can't street race." The F&F did open a lot of eyes to it but before the movie and all it's been going on for a while. No matter how safe you claim it was in your hood there's millions of other hoods where people died due to stupidity no matter what car they were driving. Stupidity being the keyword !

When I had my STi I got taunghted by both domestic and other imports on the streets.

If it means that much to you then why not just go to the track ?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

It's called the driver mod. If you are anything close to being like me........you don't drive for fuel economy. I like the pull of our cars. But if you where to keep your foot out of it.......you might be suprised.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Daz
Maybe we shouldn't used the name "Ricer," too many people are getting confused ! Maybe we should call them "Idiots with DL. " You can't just single out imports and say "well there the reason why we can't street race." The F&F did open a lot of eyes to it but before the movie and all it's been going on for a while. No matter how safe you claim it was in your hood there's millions of other hoods where people died due to stupidity no matter what car they were driving. Stupidity being the keyword !

When I had my STi I got taunghted by both domestic and other imports on the streets.

If it means that much to you then why not just go to the track ?

Who are you refering to?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
I'd be stunned but laughing if two Cobra's boxed me in on the interstate. This is almost surreal like something out of a movie.
I would be stunned too, at your ability or inability to let yourself get boxed in by two cars(from slowing down AND speeding up) on a multi lane interstate. I am sure you wouldnt get boxed in because you have some driving skillz. Since when do boxes have 2 sides? I am sure you would own the Cobra's.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Driver mod, gears, what are your mods?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nahasapeemapetalon
I would be stunned too, at your ability or inability to let yourself get boxed in by two cars(from slowing down AND speeding up) on a multi lane interstate. I am sure you wouldnt get boxed in because you have some driving skillz. Since when do boxes have 2 sides? I am sure you would own the Cobra's.
Are you ******* with me? The internet doesn't convey sarcasm well. Of course they would be non-FI cars, maybe a couple 99' Cobra's or some V6's or somthing. lol

I've never seen somthing like this happen where two cars intentionally don't allow someone I guess do anything like speed up, slow down, change lanes, etc.. RUTHLESS f-body drivers picking on a Mach 1. haha. I guess it would be "walled" in.. but still I found that humorous.

Quick Reply: Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.