Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 TA vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
It been proven many times that LS1's & Mach 1's is a driver's race.....both put down identical #'s. In the same league in my opinion too. Once you start adding mods to either car is when the LS1 starts to outshine the Mach 1. LS1's respond better to mods period.
Basically.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
It been proven many times that LS1's & Mach 1's is a driver's race.....both put down identical #'s. In the same league in my opinion too. Once you start adding drivers w/ mullets to either car is when the LS1 starts to outshine the Mach 1. LS1's respond better to mullets period.
Originally Posted by Super28Sport
My mullet rocks.
fixed

J/K
Old 05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always found it best not to argue with trolls. Eventually, they will be forced to argue with themselves almost always resulting in an overdue suicide.

That is all.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm 1-0 with Mach 1's in my bolt on LS1... Therefore I agree that LS1's are crazy fast compared to Mach 1's...

Granted it was stock... With a 16 year old driving... With his 2 (large) buddies in the car... And probably Auto (if that's an option)

And btw, there are some nice *** mustangs in this thread. Kudos
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

hey ANGUS66 i got some beef for ya
yes i have seen people running 12.9 in a bone stock ss

and no im not smoking **** but mustangs

go get an ls1 and race a termi
the termi is not far ahead and i have beaten several when i was stock except cold air
are you trying to tell me that a mach one without the eaton actually has a chance

a mach one usually has 40-50 less hp and is a little heavier, a termi has 50-60 more hp and is a little heavier and is usually a good race for a ls1 up until about 90mph where an ls1 starts to starve for air and the termi is being force fed

i dont dog on any cars because of their maker,all companies have their pros and cons,mustangs are beautiful cars but they just dont have near the performance of a ls1 powered gm vehicle,unless they are not n/a or are not anywhere near stock
Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dpinson

the termi is not far ahead and i have beaten several when i was stock except cold air
are you trying to tell me that a mach one without the eaton actually has a chance

a mach one usually has 40-50 less hp and is a little heavier, a termi has 50-60 more hp and is a little heavier and is usually a good race for a ls1 up until about 90mph where an ls1 starts to starve for air and the termi is being force fed

i dont dog on any cars because of their maker,all companies have their pros and cons,mustangs are beautiful cars but they just dont have near the performance of a ls1 powered gm vehicle,unless they are not n/a or are not anywhere near stock
how do all of you find all these races with people? you have raced many terminators and many mach1's. finding an ls1 is like trying to find a needle in a hey stack. this is fuggin depressing. everytime i seem to come across one im in my shitty s10
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
how do all of you find all these races with people? you have raced many terminators and many mach1's. finding an ls1 is like trying to find a needle in a hey stack. this is fuggin depressing. everytime i seem to come across one im in my shitty s10
That's the way it always works man. That or you have a kid with you.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Teching In

So dpinson you come over here to spew your bs about your"bone stock ls1" beating every car known to man,and how your not impressed cause "ford had to supercharge thier cars to keep up with the ls1" ****.What the ls1.com guys not paying ya any attention anymore?So you gonna try it over here.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
my brother has a termi with almost the exact mods of yours(different tune)
and a couple buddies have mach ones,my other brother has a built 355-94 camaro,and there are about ten more close friends of us all that have some nice cars

but mainly it all goes down at the track on test n tune night

the track fills up with termis,mach ones,gt 500's,camaros,trans ams,gto's and you name it sometimes you have to wait in line for an hour or so to run
Old 05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flash0080
So dpinson you come over here to spew your bs about your"bone stock ls1" beating every car known to man,and how your not impressed cause "ford had to supercharge thier cars to keep up with the ls1" ****.What the ls1.com guys not paying ya any attention anymore?So you gonna try it over here.
nobody said my bonestock ls1 is beating all cars but it will walk on mach ones all day
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Banned

actually i came over here because that is about all they do at ls1.com nowadays is talk **** to one another
Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

oh and for the record im not that impressed with the termi
but we were discussing the mach one here
Old 05-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

ive never had any trouble over at ls1.com,other than the ford lovers that say no one can beat a termi with a stock ls1, and im not the only one that has beat a few termis with a stock ls1

if i was worried about leaving a site i think i would have changed my name

oh by the way what was your name at ls1.com ?why did you feel the need to use a different name?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

ive never had any trouble over at ls1.com,other than the ford lovers that say no one can beat a termi with a stock ls1, and im not the only one that has beat a few termis with a stock ls1

if i was worried about leaving a site i think i would have changed my name

oh by the way what was your name at ls1.com ?why did you feel the need to use a different name?

ummmm Flash
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Teching In

actually i came over here because that is about all they do at ls1.com nowadays is talk **** to one another
Your the one that usually starts the **** talking.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned

okay whatever
and i am still an active member on ls1 .com
and as im sure you have already noticed this site is a little better as far as tech help and the fact that there is alot more traffic on here
over there you have threads on the first page that havent been touched in weeks but if you leave a post here for an hour it is already on page 2 or 3 or it has a ton of responses to it

no to mention the caliber of cars over here
there are some fast cars over there but not no where near as many as this site

the only people i talked **** to were people that didnt have a clue what they were talking about,sorry if i dont like people talking about things they know nothing about
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

and dont talk down to me about the termi versus ls1 im not anywhere near the first person to argue that case
Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Banned

let me guess you have a ford dont you?damn near the only threads you have touched here is anything to do with a mustang
Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Wink

So all the fastest/best drivers in the country live in Odessa, TX and they drive bone-stock LS1 F-bodies?
And you know for a fact they were completely bone-stock because they told you so?

Average "everyday joes" (as you mentioned earlier) typically run in the mid-high 13's in the 1/4 - just like '03/'04 5-speed Mach 1's.

Have LS1 F-bodies run 12.9's ? Sure they have, but the average, "everyday joe" isn't going to run that without tons of practice.

More than one '03/'04 Mach 1 has run 13.0's & a few have run in the 12.9's bone-stock with good/great drivers & great weather conditions, just like LS1 F-Bodies.

I don't need a Terminator to run neck-and-neck with an N/A LS1 F-body - my stock-long-block N/A Mach does just fine...

Where did you get the idea that an '03/'04 Mach 1 has 40-50 less hp?

Also, since when does that same Mach weigh more than an LS1 F-body?

For the record, the Terminator coupe weighed around 3650 lbs from the factory, 5-speed Mach's weigh around 3450 lbs stock. What do stock 6-speed LS1 F-bodies weigh completely stock? 3500 lbs? 3550 lbs?

is usually a good race for a ls1 up until about 90mph where an ls1 starts to starve for air and the termi is being force fed
Why would the LS1 be "starving for air" at 90+ mph???

There's just as much air available (more actually if you've got some kind of inlet ducting like a WS6 or Mach 1 ) at 90+ mph as there is at lower speeds.

mustangs are beautiful cars but they just dont have near the performance of a ls1 powered gm vehicle,unless they are not n/a or are not anywhere near stock
My (completely stock) Mach ran 13.4 @ 104+ mph in hot/humid conditions at a 900 ft altitude track when it was brand-new. Sounds like LS1 performance to me...

What did your LS1 F-body run completely stock?

What does it run now?

it all goes down at the track on test n tune night
You obviously run your F-body at the track quite often, so your ET/Trap speed must be pretty good.

My '03 Mach 1 with suspension/weight reduction/full exhaust/tuning runs high 10's/low 11's naturally-aspirated with a completely stock long block - no heads/cams/increased stroke/increased displacement needed...

Last edited by Angus66; 05-07-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-07-2008, 11:09 PM
***Repost Police***

Regardless of what you say and what you claim to beat, an LS1 F-body and a well-driven 5spd Mach 1 is a driver's race from a dig. Period. That's not one of those things that can actually be argued. They weigh roughly the same (maybe 50lbs more?), have ~40rwhp less, better rear-end gearing, and better transmission gearing in 1st and 2nd. From a roll the LS1 has the edge, but from a dig it's anybody's game.

Quick Reply: 99 TA vs Mach 1