Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 TA vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 TA vs Mach 1

Was out cruising for the last bit of daylight today and come across a beautiful black and blue mach one that revved. we made our way to a desolate road and ran from 20 to 100 or more four different times. Every time i wasted him by at least a car and a half. He said he had a jacked 3rd syncro but also mentioned 4:10's headers, an x pipe, dynomax, 9.5'' tires, cold air and a tune. First run against a 32v 4.6 and was dissapointed. I was sure hed have been door to door. He did have another person so ill give him that - but the dude wasnt big at all - seemed like a low 14sec bolt on car. I thought hed be in the lower 13's? Maybe he just didnt do it justice but it got wasted four times so bad he had to pull me over and ask to look under the hood. I graciously did so and showed him the 133,700 miles on the odo. What years did they come out with the Mach 1? Seemed bout the same as the SOHC 4.6 by distance in the rearview. BTW out here a bolt on GT runs 14.5-7 and i run around 13.7-9 at 101+or-2. A dead stock LS2 GTO ran one thousandth slower than me in the same area. We trap slower times out here esp. when its way warm, but i still expected faster out the DOHC V8.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Just to add - its been a good week. Tangled witha bright orange stage II roush with a 3'' hirise black hood, with headers and dynomax in the SS the other day. Wasted him by 2 - 2.5 cars twice. He too asked if i had a cam - nope sorry dude just open headers and cold air on a stock tune even. The TA claimed a stage 3 a while back from a dead stop, he actually stayed at the same spot once he grabbed but never reeled me in. After a tune im hunting for a stock terminator to renew my faith in the other cheap american muscle car, im interested to see what happens.

Last edited by SSickLS1; 04-27-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice, noone ever asks to see under my hood, must be they don't care in NY. Good kill 's tho!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

yup those's stangs dont run that great. couple of my buddies have 4.6's one is an 03 svt cobra,on the 03 he has full exhaust and cold air and my buddy ran him from about a 40 roll in his 00 ss and its an m6,driver mod, p.s. longtubes, ory, borla mouth, ls6 intake, slp lide and spec3 clutch, and a tune, and he walked that svt 2 times by about 1 1/2 cars.
the other 4.6 had full exhaust,clutch ,short throw,4:10's,fully ported intake,T.B.,and tune. he claimed he would walk us by 2 cars, we walked him by about 5.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

good kill thow!!or kills lol!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Get the right driver and they are killers for what they are. I drove a Mach 1 with O/R H pipe, Catback, and a shifter to a 13.2 the only run of the night. If I had a couple more runs to learn what the car liked I could have had it into the 12's.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
Was out cruising for the last bit of daylight today and come across a beautiful black and blue mach one that revved. we made our way to a desolate road and ran from 20 to 100 or more four different times. Every time i wasted him by at least a car and a half. He said he had a jacked 3rd syncro but also mentioned 4:10's headers, an x pipe, dynomax, 9.5'' tires, cold air and a tune. First run against a 32v 4.6 and was dissapointed. I was sure hed have been door to door. He did have another person so ill give him that - but the dude wasnt big at all - seemed like a low 14sec bolt on car. I thought hed be in the lower 13's? Maybe he just didnt do it justice but it got wasted four times so bad he had to pull me over and ask to look under the hood. I graciously did so and showed him the 133,700 miles on the odo. What years did they come out with the Mach 1? Seemed bout the same as the SOHC 4.6 by distance in the rearview. BTW out here a bolt on GT runs 14.5-7 and i run around 13.7-9 at 101+or-2. A dead stock LS2 GTO ran one thousandth slower than me in the same area. We trap slower times out here esp. when its way warm, but i still expected faster out the DOHC V8.

No offense but a Mach 1 with the mods you listed would lay waste to your T/A given the Mach 1 driver could drive good.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No offense but a Mach 1 with the mods you listed would lay waste to your T/A given the Mach 1 driver could drive good.
That is what I was thinking.

Good kill either way!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Teching In

This could get ugly
Old 04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
That is what I was thinking.

Good kill either way!
x2... take what you get
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

given the Mach 1 driver could drive good.
Lol gets old hearing about the driver mod. 90% of people can't drive so someone always has an edge.

Op nice kills.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Never in my life been fendered for a full 1/4 by an equally moded 4.6, in either my SS or my TA. When i say equally moded i mean full bolt ons and maybe a tune - even tho both of mine are on a stock tune. Until i see a bolton GT at my rear qp AT LEAST - im not convinced that he had the more capable car. Comprable maybe but he certainly did not have the upper hand nor did i in my opinion. It wasnt going to get any fairer as far as i was concerned. I think under the best of conditions he would have done no more than fender me any way.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Never in my life been fendered for a full 1/4 by an equally moded 4.6, in either my SS or my TA. When i say equally moded i mean full bolt ons and maybe a tune - even tho both of mine are on a stock tune. Until i see a bolton GT at my rear qp AT LEAST - im not convinced that he had the more capable car. Comprable maybe but he certainly did not have the upper hand nor did i in my opinion. It wasnt going to get any fairer as far as i was concerned. I think under the best of conditions he would have done no more than fender me any way.
And I have never lost to a LS1 in my life. However it can and probably will happen sometime. Hell when my 99 Cobra was completely stock except for 4.10 gears and bolt ons that put it at 287rwhp I pulled a LS1 SS 6 speed with a lid and exhaust from a 2nd gear roll and made him look stupid from a dead stop. You have a nice car and he has a nice car. He just needs to learn. Unlike you he doesn't just have a stupid pedal. He has to work to make his car run good.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

And I have never lost to a LS1 in my life. However it can and probably will happen sometime. Hell when my 99 Cobra was completely stock except for 4.10 gears and bolt ons that put it at 287rwhp I pulled a LS1 SS 6 speed with a lid and exhaust from a 2nd gear roll and made him look stupid from a dead stop. You have a nice car and he has a nice car. He just needs to learn. Unlike you he doesn't just have a stupid pedal. He has to work to make his car run good.
Your sig cracks me up. It's funny when Mustang guys like you put such dumb things in their sig. Especially when the only TA's, Camaro's and Corvette's you can beat are stock to light bolt on.
You should take a stroll though the single digit and 10 second forums to put yourself in perspective.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sworaz
Your sig cracks me up. It's funny when Mustang guys like you put such dumb things in their sig. Especially when the only TA's, Camaro's and Corvette's you can beat are stock to light bolt on.
You should take a stroll though the single digit and 10 second forums to put yourself in perspective.
Because those single digit F-bodies are all over the roads.

You'd have a rude awakening if you ran into my little GT on the streets.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 04-27-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Trust me the outcome would have only been worse if i had my M6 SS - 3 and a half years of rowing those gears and i can bang em with the best. Stupid pedal or not your right he needs to get his syncro fixed and learn to shift. I did admit that outside a terminator that was the baddest mustang around. Blue and black with black rims like he had are the illest too. I think he shoulda stayed with the 3.55's but thats me.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Because those single digit F-bodies are all over the roads.
They are all over the forum you're posting on. I was just letting you know to help you out. The joke is on you, looks like you are retarded with stupid things like that in your sig.

Sorry OP.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trust me the outcome would have only been worse if i had my M6 SS - 3 and a half years of rowing those gears and i can bang em with the best. Stupid pedal or not your right he needs to get his syncro fixed and learn to shift. I did admit that outside a terminator that was the baddest mustang around. Blue and black with black rims like he had are the illest too. I think he shoulda stayed with the 3.55's but thats me.
What made you go to an automatic? There is NOTHING like slamming some gears when you know what you are doing. Especially when you get into a race where is it close and the other car is an automatic and you lose no ground between your shifts.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Launching!

I didnt switch to an auto i have both. Happened to be in the TA (A4) for this particular incident.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you have any times for both of your cars?

Quick Reply: 99 TA vs Mach 1