Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 TA vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Angus66
My Mach isn't completely gutted - it still has the entire interior minus the back seat & passenger seat
(typical weight reduction items when drag-racing). It also has a lightweight driver seat - another common 1/4-mile weight-reduction item.

It's no B/S.

Here's a link:

Cecil 110307 Best Pass
if that is the case man i give you props on some hella drivin
7200 rpm launch,that has to be the ****
Old 05-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
lol... if you need to cling on to that, go right ahead. But that, by DEFINITION, is a true "driver's race."
i already stated any time you run it is a drivers race unless one car is just way outclassed

i guess we must be confused because im arguing ls1 versus mach with equal driving and you are arguing about it being a drivers race
Old 05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Banned

i dont want an all night arguement so ill conceed and keep on moddin out those nice cars and beatin whatever is out there to be beat
that is what it is all about anyways
Old 05-08-2008, 12:05 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by dpinson
i already stated any time you run it is a drivers race unless one car is just way outclassed

i guess we must be confused because im arguing ls1 versus mach with equal driving and you are arguing about it being a drivers race
Maybe you're confused about what a "driver's race" means... it means the cars are so close together in performance, that if one driver is a bit better than the other, he will win. When cars are 1-2 tenths apart at their very best, that defines a driver's race.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

Maybe you're confused about what a "driver's race" means... it means the cars are so close together in performance, that if one driver is a bit better than the other, he will win. When cars are 1-2 tenths apart at their very best, that defines a driver's race.
i know what a drivers race is i meant we are arguing 2 different points here im am saying car vs. car stock and you are saying driver vs. driver
Old 05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Banned

if you are proud of beating a poor driver than good for you but i would much rather say i beat the car not the driver
Old 05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
***Repost Police***

No... I'm saying car vs. car, they are VERY close. So close, that it comes down to the better driver.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 AM
***Repost Police***

if you are proud of beating a poor driver than good for you but i would much rather say i beat car not the driver
So if somebody that runs a 13.2 in a stock F-body gets beat by someone that runs a 13.1 in a stock Mach 1, that makes him a "poor driver?" I'm not talking a retard here... it would only take one tiny mistake on either end for the race to go one way or the other.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So if somebody that runs a 13.2 in a stock F-body gets beat by someone that runs a 13.1 in a stock Mach 1, that makes him a "poor driver?" I'm not talking a retard here... it would only take one tiny mistake on either end for the race to go one way or the other.
+1 I didn't see the whole arguement or dispute or whatever you want to call it but I agree it doesn't take much to lose a tenth and nobodys perfect every pass.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:28 AM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, I've had nights at the track where I've been very consistent for a few runs, but then there's one or two that's just like "WTF?" cuz I changed one thing a bit too much. Because whenever I go to the track, I go with the intention of running faster than I've been before, not copying the pass before that one. First time I ever went to the track back when I had my Integra, I ran my best pass of 14.97 @ 93.82mph the very first pass. The second pass was 15.05 @ like 93.7mph, and then I had a couple 15.1-15.3 passes @ ~93.5mph, and then my last pass of the night was 15.00 @ 93.98mph. So I was fairly consistent, but all it would take for a "slower" car to beat me would be for him to run a 15.1 when I ran a 15.2.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Banned

the guy in the mach would clearly be a better driver considering the ls1 is the faster car

i cant speak for the 1/4 mile but in an 1/8 a tenth is about a car length

i would consider a close race to be a bumper to a 1/4 car length

if i got beat by a car length,by an equal driver i would not consider it a close race
Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned

No... I'm saying car vs. car, they are VERY close. So close, that it comes down to the better driver.
you are still arguing drivers race
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

once again it is always a drivers race unless you are way out classed
this argument has been going on for days now,good night
Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 AM
***Repost Police***

the guy in the mach would clearly be a better driver considering the ls1 is the faster car

i cant speak for the 1/4 mile but in an 1/8 a tenth is about a car length

i would consider a close race to be a bumper to a 1/4 car length

if i got beat by a car length,by an equal driver i would not consider it a close race
Weren't you bragging about beating '03 Cobras earlier? Those cars have been DOCUMENTED as running as quick as 12.3... which means they must have been SHITTY drivers to lose to you, right? How can you be so proud of that? And if you think one car-length in the 1/4 mile isn't a close race, you are out of your mind.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I've had nights at the track where I've been very consistent for a few runs, but then there's one or two that's just like "WTF?" cuz I changed one thing a bit too much. Because whenever I go to the track, I go with the intention of running faster than I've been before, not copying the pass before that one. First time I ever went to the track back when I had my Integra, I ran my best pass of 14.97 @ 93.82mph the very first pass. The second pass was 15.05 @ like 93.7mph, and then I had a couple 15.1-15.3 passes @ ~93.5mph, and then my last pass of the night was 15.00 @ 93.98mph. So I was fairly consistent, but all it would take for a "slower" car to beat me would be for him to run a 15.1 when I ran a 15.2.

Thats not really very consistant.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:39 AM
***Repost Police***

I'd say a 3 tenth spread on a 40 degree night in a 5spd FWD car with 4.40 gears when you're 17 years old is pretty consistent... especially since (like I said) I was trying different stuff every run to try and improve my times. Three of my five runs were within .08 seconds of each other. If I was trying to run a 15.1 time after time every run, I have no doubt that I would have been able to.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Weren't you bragging about beating '03 Cobras earlier? Those cars have been DOCUMENTED as running as quick as 12.3... which means they must have been SHITTY drivers to lose to you, right? How can you be so proud of that? And if you think one car-length in the 1/4 mile isn't a close race, you are out of your mind.
i doubt that was on stock tires, and if you had read that correctly i stated that they are faster but not by much

good for you buddy you got the baddest car around ,hail all mustangs
Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 AM
***Repost Police***

I don't even drive my Mustang anymore... do you see the "FOR SALE" in bright red in my signature? And yes, it was on stock tires. Ran by Evan Smith, the driver/writer for MM&FF that also ran a 12.7 in a bone stock '98 Z28. And how is you bragging about beating a Cobra any better than somebody with a 13.2 Mach 1 beating a 13.3 F-body? I'd say it's actually worse, and quite hypocritical as well
Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say a 3 tenth spread on a 40 degree night in a 5spd FWD car with 4.40 gears when you're 17 years old is pretty consistent... especially since (like I said) I was trying different stuff every run to try and improve my times. Three of my five runs were within .08 seconds of each other. If I was trying to run a 15.1 time after time every run, I have no doubt that I would have been able to.
I will restate that is not consistant you may be happy with it and that is great but 3 tenths is a huge difference. Thats on average three car lengths. Thats huge when it is for money. The last I checked most tracks don't let you negotiate lengths unless Pinks is filming. Again if you are happy that is all that matters.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Teching In

if you are proud of beating a poor driver than good for you but i would much rather say i beat the car not the driver

So all those cobras you beat..you beat the driver cause we all know they are faster.

Quick Reply: 99 TA vs Mach 1