Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo vs Supra, Cobra, Camaro, Integra, random Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Great vid Rob. You are out of OKC right? That was Dustins 408 car? Everyone out there tells me you and I need to race. Fast car.
Yeah, that was Dustins Car, he was out of his element for sure going from a roll, but i'm trying to be good to my transfer case until I get it upgraded. Would be fun to do a run sometime.

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
nice vid and nice runs, when you going to get some decent tires on it and take it back to the track? nice car btw.
I plan on going to Ardmore or Tulsa most likely here in a month or so after I get tuned for 40psi just to do a few passes to try and get a better slip.

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
And how much money have you dumped into that car to make it run those times??
Honestly, I have about 12k total into it right now, that includes some non go fast mods, you would actually be surprised how long one of these can last with a good tune. Hater or not, I didn't go to Autozone and put an aluminum wing on it, with a Coffee can and call it fast. Hell, I don't even call mine fast yet.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
And so it begins. At least you are consistant in you hatred for imports. But it does get old sometimes...
It's ok, I mainly hang out with domestics here in OKC. Difference is, most of them respect a fast car for a fast car and get along for the most part.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Bad azz car. I was expecting 135+ traps from that kill/race list but 127-128 is hella fast.
Well most people with my setup can do 140 traps, but that is with 40psi (which I will get to easily with just some tuning, there is no AWD dyno here)
The track run in the video was at 26psi, so there is plenty of room for improvement.

Originally Posted by KB
Nice runs Rob and sick car! I've got a similar setup, except I'm on a stock IX turbo and stock ECU. I'm curious as to how high you are spinning your AMS block? I know they recommended to me to stay around 7,500 RPM, but I know a few folks on evom haven't had any problems going up to 8k. I'd like to be able to take advantage of the RPM w/ a bigger turbo one day.
Mine is a stroker, so I really don't rev past 8200. My powerband though is actually pretty good, I get decent pull starting from about 4200.

Thanks for the comments,
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Robdevo

Mine is a stroker, so I really don't rev past 8200. My powerband though is actually pretty good, I get decent pull starting from about 4200.
Nice, I have the 2.3 stroker as well. I haven't had it tuned yet that's why I wanted to ask what you were wrapping it up to. Are you running the stock head/valvetrain as well? Very very sick car!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Teching In

nah, I have springs / retainers, fp 280 cams, ported head, yadda yadda.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

No, I'm serious. I'd like to know how much money needed to be dumped into a turbo 4 cylinder to make it run those kinds of times. Because thats a hell of a lot of money to dump into a car thats not going to last very long.
Come on man. Fast is fast. The arguement of reliability goeas out the window at a certain power level. My car lives on ******* jack stands and I have WELL over what Rob has in his, in my setup. I am not a fan of rice my self. I wouldn't own anything from Japan. I like the fact some do though. Rob is being cool. No need to unload on a guy like him when there are plenty of other *** hats out there that we would gladly cheer your efforts on.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hater or not, I didn't go to Autozone and put an aluminum wing on it, with a Coffee can and call it fast. Hell, I don't even call mine fast yet.
Don't lie Rob, you painted your aluminum wing to make it look like the stock one.

Damn suprised how well you did vs the 408, camaro must not have been racing.

Just kiddin Rob, cool video. I've seen this car run in person boy's. Rob's a cool *** dude, this video's legit.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

what song is that in the vid i like it
Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96ta
what song is that in the vid i like it
Crash by Papa Roach, off of the new album which isn't too bad.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's ok, I mainly hang out with domestics here in OKC. Difference is, most of them respect a fast car for a fast car and get along for the most part.
ideas like that are impossible to grasp by a few of these fanboys
Old 04-30-2008, 04:39 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

nah, I have springs / retainers, fp 280 cams, ported head, yadda yadda.
Nice, thanks for the info and sick ride.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

nice video, nice runs
Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Great runs man and fast EVO For sure.

Any HP Numbers on your EVO?

thanks for sharing.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

No, I'm serious. I'd like to know how much money needed to be dumped into a turbo 4 cylinder to make it run those kinds of times. Because thats a hell of a lot of money to dump into a car thats not going to last very long.

To answer your question around 5k, And that is on the high side. You cant tell me you can get a f-body to run like that with just 5k, No sir. I got a friend now in school built a 480 hp civic out of some new and used parts and he drives the livin **** out of it Now you can spray a stock ls1 or ls2 but you cant do it big. Your lookin for a good no2 set up around 1,200, then clutch around 500-1000, Fuel system 600-800, headers,full exhaust 300-1,300 and a intake for ***** and giggles 200-900 dollars. Oh and tuning 400-800. This is just for a stock motor, add a cam, heads and a short block and u are up there!

Im not trying to start ****, I use to say the same thing(You dump a *** load of money to run 13.00) But now imports around the v8 parts price range
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Oh nice vid quick evo! But the camaro sounded the best!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
To answer your question around 5k, And that is on the high side. You cant tell me you can get a f-body to run like that with just 5k, No sir. I got a friend now in school built a 480 hp civic out of some new and used parts and he drives the livin **** out of it Now you can spray a stock ls1 or ls2 but you cant do it big. Your lookin for a good no2 set up around 1,200, then clutch around 500-1000, Fuel system 600-800, headers,full exhaust 300-1,300 and a intake for ***** and giggles 200-900 dollars. Oh and tuning 400-800. This is just for a stock motor, add a cam, heads and a short block and u are up there!

Im not trying to start ****, I use to say the same thing(You dump a *** load of money to run 13.00) But now imports around the v8 parts price range
Honestly, I have about 12k total into it right now
he already answered that question, and i think your comparison is a little off.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I know you are serious but when he tells you much then you are going to roast him for spending all that money on an import thats not reliable, not consistant and looks like a economy car for a family. You do this all the time. Everyone know you hate imports, everyone knows you think its a waste of time and money making them fast. I'm not trying to start **** but for once could you just tell the guy nice runs and leave it at that? Just a simple question. The guy obviously likes cars and knows how to get them to scream. Even if you don't care for it, its still a pretty fast car and has had a lot of sweat put into it. Give him some credit and leave it lay. Like I said I'm not trying to start **** but damn.
Thank you, ONEBADASSWS6 cant give credit ever, he talks about reliability and blah blah blah, yet he has clearly never had a high hp car. High hp setups are not reliable, like i said the best of the best parts break when it comes to high hp its just how it is. Some more than others, but the point remains even ls1 cars with lots and lots of hp break ****. His evo is faster than any car you have ever owned.

I dont know about the rest of the forums but i like to listen to people who actually have built high hp setups instead of people who just think they know how.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Teching In

I picture this thread blossoming into a wonderful thing.

Rob, nice Evo and nice video!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Awesome video. Awesome runs. Love the car.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Was I wrong?

Hahah, with the exception of one yes. But i know exactly what you mean, lots of people rip on them. Some deserved alot not.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

You hung with a 680rwhp cobra! Wowza!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nahasapeemapetalon
You hung with a 680rwhp cobra! Wowza!
Yeah I jumped out on him just a bit because of awd not spinning from brakeboosting. After that he caught up and got me at the end, that was a fun run for sure.

Thanks for the comments, I agree that the Camaro sounds the best. That thing is just nasty. When i get some new shoes for my car, I'll have to give him a run from a stop.