Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced my friends 07 Tundra.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.30 gears with a 6 speed auto and good power. As much as I hate Toyota I give them credit. Thats the kind of drivetrain every truck needs. Low gears, 6 speed tranny.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gregsss
well i do know that its the single cab that runs that, which makes sense whena single cab weighs about 4300 lbs, so with 381 hp and 6-auto and 4.30 gears makes for good times at the track don't you think. my father posted a 14.7 at the track in his bone stock GMC DENALI truck (crew cab), thats 403hp 6-auto w/3.42. i would love to see that same combo in a single cab silverado to see what it would do.
Those Denali's are definetly no slouch. I drive them all the time at work and they are fast trucks.

F body fast, no.

Mustang and Ricer fast, definetly, if not a little faster.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JimsWS6
4.30 gears with a 6 speed auto and good power. As much as I hate Toyota I give them credit. Thats the kind of drivetrain every truck needs. Low gears, 6 speed tranny.
no doubt i agree

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Those Denali's are definetly no slouch. I drive them all the time at work and they are fast trucks.

F body fast, no.

i drove it for a week, and it was hard for me to keep my foot out of it. yes it can rip havok on rice and some mustangs.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

RCSB 5.7L Tundras run low to mid 14's stock. It's fact.

Don't know why he kept even with you for that long though...

Dan
Old 05-09-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by highwaywonderland
I raced one of those not too long ago and it wasn't pretty for him. I am completely stock other than pilot sports on my car. I am also an a4 3.23 geared car. Maybe something is wrong with your car, or you need to practice driving. This should not be that close of a race. Well anything can happen on the street I guess.
Yeaa, i think something may be wrong with my car. I know im in need of a new Catalytic Converter. I hear 1 of them rattling. I did replace the MAF a at the end of last year, maybe i need a DynoTune now. I know it really feel's like the car doesnt perform as it used to before the 1st MAF went out on me. Idk though, that's a pretty quick truck right out the whole. I do need to practice more on my take off, but on 1st run. I flew right by him, i would say atleast a car length or going on 2 before i shut it down.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, well let's put it out there....

1. Ive only raced a few time's. No more then 10 times, since ive had the car. I really never raced before i had the car. So yeaa, i must be a bad driver. Im learning as time goes.....

2. I need to practice on my take off awhole lot more. Which is why he was so quick to pull out ahead of me. There's times i do get a great take off, then time's i stay spinning em.

3. My friends no newbie to racing either, he's raced awhole lot more times then me. So i honestly can see how he would pull me out the whole. Im a newbie, so he's got more experience.

4. Maybe there is something wrong with my car, i know after i changed the MAF. It never seemed to perform as good as it used to. I do need a new Cat, 1 is broken and rattling. I know a few times the car will go very high in RPM's and not shift until i let off the gas. Maybe i redlined, and when i did my stupid lil power kick. It shifted??? Hell idk, i just know the car does that sometimes. Other then that, yeaa guess im a bad driver right now.

Honestly though, that's a damn quick truck. Yeaa, i dont think he shouldve stayed right next to me either but for some reason he did. I flew right by him the 1st time, 2nd run he surprised me.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DopdBrd

F body fast, no.

I hope you're talking about old NPI GT's............cuz ain't no Denali had a chance in hell against my GT stock for stock. Put down the shrooms dude.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

There's a guy on PT that has a denali with intake, exhaust on 22 " rims running low 13's. Stock they are high 13's low 14's
Old 05-09-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I hope you're talking about old NPI GT's............cuz ain't no Denali had a chance in hell against my GT stock for stock. Put down the shrooms dude.
You're right I am talking about the older NPI stangs.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
i guess you haven't read up on the new denali's either, my brothers TBSS which is in my avatar w/borla exhuast took my dad's denali by a car length, i've been with my brother taking out stock mustang gt's in his TBSS all the time (older npi stangs).
Old 05-10-2008, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spoolin
There's a guy on PT that has a denali with intake, exhaust on 22 " rims running low 13's. Stock they are high 13's low 14's

Not trying to call you out, but what Denali runs high 13's or low 14's stock? Are you sure this is accurate? I find it hard to believe if a Tundra can run low 14's stock.....Tundra should be faster than Denali right? Intake/exhaust and 22" wheels running low 13's? If that's the case, badass. I kind of doubt it though. Can anyone verify this?

Last edited by 99Hawk262; 05-10-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Some people just cant get it in there heads that there are fast trucks out there! Check out pt.net tab at the top fellas!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gregsss
i guess you haven't read up on the new denali's either, my brothers TBSS which is in my avatar w/borla exhuast took my dad's denali by a car length, i've been with my brother taking out stock mustang gt's in his TBSS all the time (older npi stangs).
Not saying they're not fast, especially for a heavy truck. But there's alot more than NPI GTs on the road. Remember, us Mustang folk look upon those poor 96-98 GTs the same way you F-bod guys look upon those poor 305 3rd gens. Yea, one can do some work to make them faster......but 99 times outta 100 when you see one on the road it won't have anything for you to worry about.

Again...to clarify. I fully acknowledge the potential of these newer GM trucks. But making blanket statements about Mustangs being slower than a stock crew cab truck is just a low blow. I mean, if we really want to.......we could throw the dreaded Mustang II into this equation and then go on and on about Mustangs are slower than Cavaliers. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black Plague
Some people just cant get it in there heads that there are fast trucks out there! Check out pt.net tab at the top fellas!
I don't think anyone was debating that these trucks can get fast with some work done. I think it was a matter of just how fast they are off the factory floor.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people just cant get it in there heads that there are fast trucks out there!
There are even more guys out there in trucks that can't get it through
their heads that they aren't driving one of the fast trucks you're
referring to.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by unit213
There are even more guys out there in trucks that can't get it through
their heads that they aren't driving one of the fast trucks you're
referring to.
Tru but if your running low 13's or better in a extended cab truck thats pretty good im my book! Just keep your gaurds up you knever know especially with the GM trucks all the same LS series motors - mods! And the guy with the F-Body time to put some mods on that thing dude.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Tru but if your running low 13's or better in a extended cab truck thats pretty good im my book!
Oh hell yeah...I personally love GM's line of trucks.

Just keep your gaurds up you knever know especially with the GM trucks all the same LS series motors - mods!
I don't think I have anything to worry about. Guys with truck like
Parish are one in millions.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

Fast Trucks = SRT10 Ram, Lightning

Anything else = Wannabe's
Old 05-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by COD02SS
Fast Trucks = SRT10 Ram, Lightning

Anything else = Wannabe's
You're talking about fast trucks from the factory.
There are some S-10's around here that run bottom 10's.
I raced a guy on the street a few years back and it was
definitely a 11.0 truck. People put together some pretty
wicked combos.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

A tundra? the truck? the Toyota truck?

Damn, now I'm gonna have to google this ****.