Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 z28 vs srt8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
You're clueless about other cars aren't you? Including CTS-Vs and GTOs.

btw, the 300 has a softer suspension and the LX stock record is 12.56 @ 111mph.
I still despute that...only because it hurts my ego... haha.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're clueless about other cars aren't you? Including CTS-Vs and GTOs.

btw, the 300 has a softer suspension and the LX stock record is 12.56 @ 111mph.
Well its nice that you went back and changed this to make yourself look smarter than you are. Did it take that long to figure it out?
Google couldnt have taken that long... The cars are well matched, I dont doubt that, but.... Its comparing a factory freak 4 door to a base model..... Run a berger or a Factory SLP camaro....

Besides you already admitted that you havent beat EVERY ls1 which is why I started in on you in the first place.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
It's hard to say that honestly...I went 13.1 @ 108mph on a 2.1 60ft... F-Body cars have been seen in the high 12s with 108mph traps as well.......

It's a very close race but I don't believe the SRT-8 is vastly stronger on the top end. Anyone have a slip to compare numbers? I would be curious to see where they are at the 1/8th vs 1/4 (to compare top end if you will)..

You are correct sir.

When my wife and I were playing around it was pretty much a dead lock anywhere under 80mph. Its about 75-80 where the 300 with her in it would start walking away from me in the SS. Im sure the SS is a high 12 car with the few mods so it makes perfect sense. The cool thing is go drive the 300 SRT8 and then jump back into an F-body. Thats one reason for me just selling the SS, it was slower and far less comfortable and people are shocked when you give them a run in the 300, where they expect the SS to be fast, they are totally shocked to get beat by a big black 4dr with massive wheels and no exhaust sound whatsoever CAI/tune only), Its really fun actually.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

I bet.... Kinda like a sleeper, for the people that dont know. I actually prefer the ride in my car over the wifes TB, just because the seats are more comfortable, havent even driven a 300 yet but the wife has. I know if I drive it, it will be parked in the driveway...
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
Well its nice that you went back and changed this to make yourself look smarter than you are. Did it take that long to figure it out?
Google couldnt have taken that long... The cars are well matched, I dont doubt that, but.... Its comparing a factory freak 4 door to a base model..... Run a berger or a Factory SLP camaro....

Besides you already admitted that you havent beat EVERY ls1 which is why I started in on you in the first place.
Not sure what your point is in your first paragraph except now you're talking about comparing to cars with mods beyond bolt-ons or google for that matter. Best-ever trap speeds of 109mph vs. 111mph and more variance in LS-1 power outputs from the factory.

About the factory freak part. SRT-8 Engineers say hp varies by 2% in production. As far as timeslip variance, the big factors are: heat soak, 2-3 start-up shift, ESP fully off and obviously conditions, 60ft, roll-out, etc.

Because of that, SRT-8s tend to be faster on the street than one would think. And stock to stock, beat an LS1 98% of the time.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Ok special vehicles... Sorry for the wording there. If you raced a berger or another packaged LS available from a dealer like your car, modded from the factory, I think you would be singing a diferent tune... Whatever.. Buying a SRT is like buying a bolt on Camaro. I actually would be more impressed by an R/T or Hemi 300 if it wasnt a factory hotrod, and built after the fact.

98% of the time... Sure if you say so.. I just think its funny that you are now proof reading your posts, and changing them to make more sense. Like you had to google the information to make sure it was correct.

I am not worried about it, because right now, I have beat factory SRT 8 cars 100% of the time. 1 for 1... And as soon as I run into one thats not driven by some poser yuppie who wants to feel more endowed than the other sheep that work with him, I will be 2 for 2. So go roll around with the other neck tie bandits you ride with, and feel special..
Old 05-12-2008, 08:44 PM

Not sure what your point is in your first paragraph except now you're talking about comparing to cars with mods beyond bolt-ons or google for that matter. Best-ever trap speeds of 109mph vs. 111mph and more variance in LS-1 power outputs from the factory.

About the factory freak part. SRT-8 Engineers say hp varies by 2% in production. As far as timeslip variance, the big factors are: heat soak, 2-3 start-up shift, ESP fully off and obviously conditions, 60ft, roll-out, etc.

Because of that, SRT-8s tend to be faster on the street than one would think. And stock to stock, beat an LS1 98% of the time.
Hey Deuce, do you know anything about an Eaton/Whipple for the 6.1? Id pass on the Vortec but a twin screw or roots would be bliss on these cars. I thought you may know something about it.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Ok special vehicles... Sorry for the wording there. If you raced a berger or another packaged LS available from a dealer like your car, modded from the factory, I think you would be singing a diferent tune... Whatever.. Buying a SRT is like buying a bolt on Camaro. I actually would be more impressed by an R/T or Hemi 300 if it wasnt a factory hotrod, and built after the fact.

98% of the time... Sure if you say so.. I just think its funny that you are now proof reading your posts, and changing them to make more sense. Like you had to google the information to make sure it was correct.

I am not worried about it, because right now, I have beat factory SRT 8 cars 100% of the time. 1 for 1... And as soon as I run into one thats not driven by some poser yuppie who wants to feel more endowed than the other sheep that work with him, I will be 2 for 2. So go roll around with the other neck tie bandits you ride with, and feel special..
Google what? Like I believed there were LS1s no faster than 13s. Your immature anti-white collar attitude is astounding and really plays into a stereotype. I thought you were 18, not 28.

Sometimes job and/or family requirements dicate a 4door that's far superior to a subpar SUV. You have a real problem with success, don't you? I'm surprised you haven't posted a "Killed a rich ******* in a nice car" thread yet.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-12-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Hey Deuce, do you know anything about an Eaton/Whipple for the 6.1? Id pass on the Vortec but a twin screw or roots would be bliss on these cars. I thought you may know something about it.
No, I don't really keep an eye out for that. LX forums has a large vendor listing though.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

I've yet to lose to any srt8......guess it must be bad drivers buying fast cars syndrome.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Ok special vehicles... like your car, modded from the factory, I think you would be singing a diferent tune... Whatever.. Buying a SRT is like buying a bolt on Camaro. ..
So like a Camaro SS or Pontaic WS6??
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
I've yet to lose to any srt8......guess it must be bad drivers buying fast cars syndrome.
Not with your mods. Your trap speeds are supposedly the upper end of bolt-on and CMR dyno-tuned SRT-8s.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Both the SS and WS6 should not be considered special... WS6 is a handling package, and chevy throws the SS badges on anything these days...
Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Not with your mods. Your trap speeds are supposedly the upper end of bolt-on and CMR dyno-tuned SRT-8s.
Don't get me wrong....I've seen some wicked fast SRT8's at the track, mainly the 300c versions.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Both the SS and WS6 should not be considered special... WS6 is a handling package, and chevy throws the SS badges on anything these days...
My point was SRT = SS/WS6, it's no different in my eyes...If SLP wanted to do things right they would have put something more than a few visual items on the SS/WS6 cars but they didn't. At least groups like DCX get it right and add real performance to go with the extra money you shell out.

No sense getting upset because SRTs actually pack more than just a badge.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Don't get me wrong....I've seen some wicked fast SRT8's at the track, mainly the 300c versions.

What have you seen them run? I think the S/C (GS motorsports) ones can trap 121-123 ish. I was considering it but I need to see what it will put out.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
What have you seen them run? I think the S/C (GS motorsports) ones can trap 121-123 ish. I was considering it but I need to see what it will put out.
Here you go:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/timeslips.php

6 pages, almost 3 pages in the 12s
Old 05-17-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the look on SRT8 owners faces when they get worked by a mere 10 y/o LS1 Camaro...Most seem to think their 2 ton boats are invincible..It's probabaly the fastest car they've ever owned, so I understand...They are the latest car to in come equipped with a 'chip-on-the-shoulder' standard..I enjoy knocking it off whenever possible.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

I can't believe the attitude by some of you guys... I have seen so many SRT-8's(300s, Chargers and Magnums) trap 107-108 almost every time. The only time I've seen a stock LS1 do that is here on the forums in your guys' sigs. I'm not a dodge guy by any means, as you can see from my sig, but get real dudes..... The SRT-8s aren't F'n around. Dodge got their act together this time. But we will always have the edge when it comes to modding.

BTW, they are certainly low 13 second cars off the showroom floor. Barring traction, they'll run a 13.3 in the dead heat of summer at a sea level track. I've seen a couple goin 12s stock. Old TBSS owner now in a 300 has went a best of 12.36 w/ a intake and diablo on DR's.....
Old 05-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BYE RICE
I love the look on SRT8 owners faces when they get worked by a mere 10 y/o LS1 Camaro...Most seem to think their 2 ton boats are invincible..It's probabaly the fastest car they've ever owned, so I understand...They are the latest car to in come equipped with a 'chip-on-the-shoulder' standard..I enjoy knocking it off whenever possible.
With your mods I would guess 99.9% of the cars you see on the street get knocked off fairly easily.