Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced an LS1 last night..

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Raced an LS1 last night..

... in a 350z.

It all started out when this Marina from Minnesota was asking me to race. I declined because he wanted to race in a shitty *** road where they got caught by the cops the week before. Everytime I've been there, we get caught. Shitty place to race from a dig. Too close to town, right next to an airport tower.

The Marine drives a blue 2000 Camaro Z28. It's an auto with 3.23 gears. He has an LS6 intake manifold, ported throttle body, and a lid.

The 350z belongs to a friend. He does not know how to drive it too well so he let me drive it last night. It's a 2007 350z. Very nice car. It's bone stock. It has gone 13.4 at the track. I drove this car and my first run I ran a 14.0 bogging the **** out of it and shirting around 6800rpms... I did not know the **** revved to 7500...

After I declined racing him, my friend in the 350z pulled up. I suggested that he should race the 350z. The Marine says he will spank it but he will race it regardless. He hits up my friend and they begin talking. The marine says he will smoke him and my friend tells him that the 350z is pretty fast. They go back an forth about whos car is faster. Finally I tell them to take it from a roll and find out. So my friend hands me the keys and off we go.

First race was from a 45mph or so. I had the 350z in second gear. Im used to roll racing so by the third honk I jump him very hard, and just kept pulling and pulling till about 100mph. I would say a good 4 cars or more...

The second race he honks it off and it's pretty much the same thing. This time we went from a 50mph roll. Id say a solid 4 cars.. maybe a little more. I took it up to 110 or so in that race.

The Marine says his car did not perform very well and wanted to go from a dig, but he was not willing to drive 20 minutes to the safe race spot. So we put it on hold to the middle of the week. I will race him with my LS1 from a dig.

On the way back to the hang out spot, my friend in an dumdumdumdum raced the auto LS1 from a roll. The first race the dumdumdumdum got him by a car and a half or so. The second race the LS1 took it. I was quite astonished, considering that I rape this dumdumdumdum from a roll in my LS1.

I was very impressed with the 350z and it's abilities. Very nice quiet car. Great brakes, and suspension. I guess I can call it an official LS1 killer LOL!

To be fair to the Marine with the LS1, he does not know how to race from a roll. His car would delay for the downshift, then would go. Im sure that if he had it already in low gear, it would have been a much better race.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, those 350's are quick cars, id like to race one! ive raced a g35 which is pretty close.

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
... in a 350z.

It all started out when this Marina from Minnesota was asking me to race. I declined because he wanted to race in a shitty *** road where they got caught by the cops the week before. Everytime I've been there, we get caught. Shitty place to race from a dig. Too close to town, right next to an airport tower.

The Marine drives a blue 2000 Camaro Z28. It's an auto with 3.23 gears. He has an LS6 intake manifold, ported throttle body, and a lid.

The 350z belongs to a friend. He does not know how to drive it too well so he let me drive it last night. It's a 2007 350z. Very nice car. It's bone stock. It has gone 13.4 at the track. I drove this car and my first run I ran a 14.0 bogging the **** out of it and shirting around 6800rpms... I did not know the **** revved to 7500...

After I declined racing him, my friend in the 350z pulled up. I suggested that he should race the 350z. The Marine says he will spank it but he will race it regardless. He hits up my friend and they begin talking. The marine says he will smoke him and my friend tells him that the 350z is pretty fast. They go back an forth about whos car is faster. Finally I tell them to take it from a roll and find out. So my friend hands me the keys and off we go.

First race was from a 45mph or so. I had the 350z in second gear. Im used to roll racing so by the third honk I jump him very hard, and just kept pulling and pulling till about 100mph. I would say a good 4 cars or more...

The second race he honks it off and it's pretty much the same thing. This time we went from a 50mph roll. Id say a solid 4 cars.. maybe a little more. I took it up to 110 or so in that race.

The Marine says his car did not perform very well and wanted to go from a dig, but he was not willing to drive 20 minutes to the safe race spot. So we put it on hold to the middle of the week. I will race him with my LS1 from a dig.

On the way back to the hang out spot, my friend in an dumdumdumdum raced the auto LS1 from a roll. The first race the dumdumdumdum got him by a car and a half or so. The second race the LS1 took it. I was quite astonished, considering that I rape this dumdumdumdum from a roll in my LS1.

I was very impressed with the 350z and it's abilities. Very nice quiet car. Great brakes, and suspension. I guess I can call it an official LS1 killer LOL!

To be fair to the Marine with the LS1, he does not know how to race from a roll. His car would delay for the downshift, then would go. Im sure that if he had it already in low gear, it would have been a much better race.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Actually the '07+ 350Zs are considerably quicker than the G35s and the 03-06 350Zs... good kill OP. I'm sure there will be people in here bitching later though
Old 06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its rename to 370Z now I believe, from upping the 3.5 ltr to 3.7 ltr V6. It also has 330 hp. Pretty good for a V6.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Good kill. I'm not sure, but I put 3 cars on a new G35 of a friend's.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there 306 hp crank wise. or so says Nissan
2008 nissan Z
VQ35HR—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
306 hp @ 6,800 rpm
268 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm
Old 06-14-2008, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah anything near 45mph is a dead spot for the good ol 4l60E the freaking thing wont downshift
Old 06-15-2008, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

2 guys have gone 13.1 @ 107mph in bone stock HRs (07+) they are definately close to an LS1 stock for stock now.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

roll racing ******* sucks..

I've seen 2 guys making out and I've seen roll racing. Roll racing is definately gayer.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black

I've seen 2 guys making out and I've seen roll racing. Roll racing is definately gayer.
safer then racing next to an airport.

Dig race will happen though and I will spank the LS1 in my car.

CHP has been extra though tonight. Giving out ref tickets and what not. My car took the night off.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black

Yeah but you do sound like a total tit
Old 06-15-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bene
Its rename to 370Z now I believe, from upping the 3.5 ltr to 3.7 ltr V6. It also has 330 hp. Pretty good for a V6.
No its not. The '07 Z still has the 3.5L but it has been upped to 307bhp. The G37 has the 3.7L V6 with 330hp and the Z will get that in '09.
OP, nice runs. Maybe now some of the people around here an HR ('07+) Z and an LS1 are in fact a drivers race especially from a roll.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

My friend has an 06 with cold air and a new intake manifold. We have run on the street and strip. I have never had a problem with him and I just have minor bolt ons. He let me drive his car and I am really impressed how it pulls up top more than down low. What gets me though is I have a 3.5 Altima and have nothing done to it and I give him a run for his money. I would def. own one though, great handling car.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

good kill OP!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

props for a nice race ... but i have a 2000 firebird formula with a lid and a cat back and i took my friends Z for a walk (hes got some useless titanium exhaust) ... but i also have an m6 ... the Z is a fast car ... but i think the ls1 takes it from a dig even with the a4 he probably just didnt kno how to drive ... sorry
Old 06-15-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

I thought I was going to have my hands full when I saw the title.
Anyway, to clear a few things up...
The new 350z uses the VQ35HR. The new infiniti g37 uses the stroked VQ37HR. Nissan hasn't yet put the stroked VQ37 into the 350, at that point it's name will probably change to be 370z. Some theorize that it will get the VR38DE from the skyline (non-turbo), but that's doubtful as the VQ37HR is already in the G and the japanese skyline 370gt (codename:mini skyline).
Old 06-15-2008, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedthrillsme
My friend has an 06 with cold air and a new intake manifold. We have run on the street and strip. I have never had a problem with him and I just have minor bolt ons. He let me drive his car and I am really impressed how it pulls up top more than down low. What gets me though is I have a 3.5 Altima and have nothing done to it and I give him a run for his money. I would def. own one though, great handling car.
The 07's are suppose to be much quicker though. I've raced this same car in my Z28 with the experienced driver that ran a 13.4. I was on street tires that did not hook worth a ****. I took off very easy because I did not want to spin and I underestimated the car lol. He was actually a little ahead of me until I shifted into second. By the end I was like 3 cars ahead. Not bad. That's when my Z was stock.

I was impressed last night with it. I was in first gear maybe around 2500rpms and I shifted hard into second and just nailed the gas and the car spun all over the place. I was surprised that the car spun the tires at so low rpms. It was fun to slide from side to side.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by foxriderry
props for a nice race ... but i have a 2000 firebird formula with a lid and a cat back and i took my friends Z for a walk (hes got some useless titanium exhaust) ... but i also have an m6 ... the Z is a fast car ... but i think the ls1 takes it from a dig even with the a4 he probably just didnt kno how to drive ... sorry
we'll see. I have a lot more faith in this 350z then I did before. Really impressive car. I will probably be driving the car again LOL so if I can get it to hook. It's going to be a really good race IMO.

btw the ls1 owner posts here. He goes under 00z28Evans. There's a couple pictures of his car

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...719&highlight=
Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I don't doubt it. Owning a nissan kinda makes me a fan of their engines(wifes car). I like my Altima it suprises a few people. Best race was an 99-04 GT getting onto a hwy that had two entry ramps that merged into one. I was on the inside and him on the outside. At 100 I was still at his rear bumper and let off so he could get over. He slowed down and looked over like wtf and 4 door sedan. I gave him a thumbs up.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Empatho
yeah anything near 45mph is a dead spot for the good ol 4l60E the freaking thing wont downshift
+1 35 would have different

Quick Reply: Raced an LS1 last night..