Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My first 03 Cobra ... and a whole lot of others ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 01:54 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first 03 Cobra ... and a whole lot of others ....

I went down to one of the local street racing 'gatherings' with one of my boys tonight, to do alittle instigating, and this is what I came up with (theres a bunch). These are all N/A btw, as I cannot use my nitrous due to my lack of fuel issues...

First race ...
Honda S-2000 pulls up next to me ... he asks me if I have anything done to him, I tell him, hes like "I gotta supercharger". I was like, okay this might be interesting .... well it wasn't. Went from a dead stop, he was a ways back by the end of 2nd. Went again from a slow roll, same result.

Second race ...
Pull up next to a cobra, didn't think much of it, chatted with the guy, real cool kid. From a slow roll he gets the jump and holds me off until around 70mph when we have to shut down. Go again from a stop, and he takes me by about a car to around 80-90. One more time from a stop, this time I decide to go all out and even powershift it (I rarely EVER do this). That brought down his lead to around a half car to 80 or so. I ask him if its an 03, and he was shook his head yes. Asked him what he had, and he said exaust and pulley. ( I dont know if this was the almighty pulley I have been hearing about tho ). I told him I also had nitrous but it was at home due to fuel issues, and he was like 'whoa very nice.' We exchanged "nice car" and went on our ways.

"I have everything" early 90's 5.0 stang ....
Really cool guy, we raced like 5-6 times, from all different speeds, and I beat him out by about a car everytime. I asked him what he had and he was like "just about everything that there is" He asked me if I have ever brought my car to the track, and I said no, he then tells me he runs consistant 12.40's and compliments my car.

Supercharged 4.6 GT ....
We ran, I took him by about a half car from 20-60ish or so ... I pull up next to him and asked him what he had and he tells me "one bolt-on". I was like BS, and hes like no really. So i guessed supercharger, and he's like yep! We ran a few more times with the same basic results (except once when I missed 3rd ... oops.

350Z with twin fart exausts ...
Went from a dig and around 50 or so he was about a buslength back, so I let off.

Badass sounding LT1 ...
After seeing me race one of the stangs he had been beaten by earlier, the guy told me he was going to get assraped, but wanted to go anyways. Well he actually hung in there pretty well, only about a car or two back from a dig to around 60-65 or so ... not bad at all.

LS1 corvette ... DR tires/rims .... guy was a dick, pulled up to the light, gave me a "psshhh" kind of look. That look changed when the light turned green, he took off and I walked past him.

h/c 4.6L ...
He pulls up next to me and just guns it, I was in 5th, dropped it down to 2nd, and toook off after. He was about 3 cars in front of me when I shifted, and a few seconds later I was peeling his paint off as I flew by (as quoted from my buddy in the car with me). Had a few gauges and a chick with him. I pull up next to the guy, and exchange "what ya gots"? He tells me, then asks "what is that a 5.7L?" then tells me "yeah see thats why, I only gotta 4.6L ... and I dont have the supercharger either." I was like WTF? I was quite confused as to what he meant, so i just drove away.

Turbo WRX ... Smashed, no need for the story.

Last and definately least ... a stock looking BULLITT!!
I couldn't help but laugh my *** off, as I pulled up next to him. He was trying everything he could so he didnt have to race me. Speeding up, slowing down, I just stayed even with him, looking at him. Finally we hit a light, I'm in the left lane, he's coming up in the right. At the last second he makes a quick right and scurries off down the side road. I couldn't help thinking of you bullitt.

Again, all these races were N/A, no nitrous, since I run out of fuel when I spray (dry shot). As soon as racetronics stops playing with themselves and gets me my damn fuel pump, and I get me some injectors, its 150 shot time. hehe jk racetronics.

Old 08-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: My first 03 Cobra ... and a whole lot of others ....

I know how that fuel prob is everytime I hit the gas it sounds like a machine gun out my exhaust. Going to get it fix along with a little more gas. Muhaha Mumu haha. GREAT KILL!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 02:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Busy weekend , But wait til Monday when all the haters reply.
Good Kills!
Old 08-17-2003, 04:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Phantom, those are some great kills. I would give me left arm for a night like that!!! Holy ****, every time I have a little race my adrenaline kicks in so hard my hands starting shaking! If I'd had half of these races, I would've probably shitted myself and passed out behind the wheel. AWESOME.

150-shot will be insane on your car. If you'd had it, that Cobra would've been beaten pretyt bad. Good luck with the fuel problems... keep killin em!
Old 08-17-2003, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good kills and a hell of a night!
How many passes would you estimate before your pump started puking??
I'm getting ready to spray in a couple of days after NOS install is finished and a tune. Did you have a N2O cut off with ur set up?
Old 08-17-2003, 06:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice Kills. You've had more races in one night than I've managed in 2 years.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Nice kills.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:51 AM

Nice kills.
You have pulleys and exaust basically (and a few others obviously) ... so does it seem like I raced a 'magical pulley' 03, or no?
Old 08-17-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

so does it seem like I raced a 'magical pulley' 03, or no?
Phantom, if your beating that guy who's running 12.40s consistantly, your probably in 11s. It coulda been... but I won't answer for the stang guys.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:19 PM

Good kills and a hell of a night!
How many passes would you estimate before your pump started puking??
I'm getting ready to spray in a couple of days after NOS install is finished and a tune. Did you have a N2O cut off with ur set up?
I have the venom system, which monitors the A/F ratio, and after I installed the cam, I tried the nitrous and the car went lean instantly and the venom system cut it off right away.

Nice Kills. You've had more races in one night than I've managed in 2 years
Yeah I normally don't race too much but I had to see what the car could do after the cam install.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great kills. I wish I could get that kinda action in one night. That's like 10 races there aren't even that many cars in my town lol.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Nice kills.
You have pulleys and exaust basically (and a few others obviously) ... so does it seem like I raced a 'magical pulley' 03, or no?

It's hard to say but if you run bottom 12's on motor you should be right there. You said you guys went to 80 I trap at 118-119 so who knows how much closer our farther you would have been.

And my times in my sig are from granny shifting not powershifting.

Will
Old 08-17-2003, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Love the vett kill! I hate dicks like that.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:18 PM

It's hard to say but if you run bottom 12's on motor you should be right there. You said you guys went to 80 I trap at 118-119 so who knows how much closer our farther you would have been.

And my times in my sig are from granny shifting not powershifting.

Will
Yeah I wish we could've stretched it out alittle longer, but the road has lights that are close together, so we had to keep stopping for lights. (plus theres lots of cops around, so I prob wouldn'tve gone much faster anyways).

Also the only time I ever powershifted was against the Cobra ... just that one time. The guy in the 5.0 that ran 12.4's or whatever I wasn't powershifting. Plus the powershifting only seemed to make a half car or so difference anyways, so it wasn't really a huge deal.

Old 08-17-2003, 02:19 PM

Great kills. I wish I could get that kinda action in one night. That's like 10 races there aren't even that many cars in my town lol.
There were actually a few more but they werent really worth mentioning. A stock 4.6L, and stock 5.0, then a stock LT1 and a turbo talon. Plus the post was almost a novel as it was ...
Old 08-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Teching In

hey phantom i was down there also last night, great night almost no cops at all. i know that s2000 your talking about i was just cruising next to the guy and he drops a gear and tries to take off, from me cruising he didnt pull away that fast, ive heard that s2k run low 13's with supercharger. those cars got no torque. the '03 cobra, was is black? i saw one there last night rape a black ws6, i know that wasnt you that ws6 only has exhaust. ive raced you before you got your cam a few months back, i know you didnt spray me cause we were dead even. ive since added a ls6 cam, what are the specs of your cam? i want to go at it again and see how much of a difference your cam made. later
Old 08-17-2003, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great kills!!!
Jesus I can't find that many races in a year around here!!
Old 08-17-2003, 04:24 PM
STF Veteran

good kills
Old 08-17-2003, 04:56 PM

hey phantom i was down there also last night, great night almost no cops at all. i know that s2000 your talking about i was just cruising next to the guy and he drops a gear and tries to take off, from me cruising he didnt pull away that fast, ive heard that s2k run low 13's with supercharger. those cars got no torque. the '03 cobra, was is black? i saw one there last night rape a black ws6, i know that wasnt you that ws6 only has exhaust. ive raced you before you got your cam a few months back, i know you didnt spray me cause we were dead even. ive since added a ls6 cam, what are the specs of your cam? i want to go at it again and see how much of a difference your cam made. later
YEP ... thats hot that you were down there. The 03 was black, and I was driving in the opposite direction and watched him rape that WS6 also ... which is what made me turn around and give pursuit (gotta stick up for the fbods) ....

What color is your car? I saw a bunch of TA's down there last night, and didnt get a chance to get next to any of them really. Seemed that I was surrounded by stangs the entire night. If your dark blue, then I remember racing you awhile ago, if not then I dont. My cam is the TSP 220/220 .567/.567 114 ... gives great power over the stock cam, I am really impressed (kinda wish I went bigger, hehe). I definately need to get it re-dyno-tuned now that I have the cam, but I am waiting until I upgrade my fuel system and finally get around to buying that LS6 intake.

I'm rarely ever down there, but if you ever want to run I'm game.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Teching In

yeah my car is dark blue, that is a nice cam, i was either gonna get a thunder racing 220 or 224 cam with a 114 lsa, but i decided on the ls6 only because it was the cheapest and i just wanted something a little extra, if i get more money saved up and pay some bills i might invest in a 224 but i want headers first. im usually down there friday or saturday nights and i pulled up to that ws6 we both saw get raped i thought it was you, but when i seen who i was driving i knew it wasnt and i killed him when i had a stock cam so i wasnt gonna waste my time.i also tried catching up to that 03 cobra but i never got lined up with him, i would of gotten owned but i dont see those too often. i've only raced a convertible 03 cobra that was stock that thing was heavy and quick.