Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a new tt 335i bmw

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default raced a new tt 335i bmw

After seeing a new bmw 335i take off I come around the same corner where it went and i see the same bmw waiting for me so i am pretty high up in 1st and all of a sudden they start honnking it off. So i waited till they hit it on the 3rd honk and then i nailed it. I hit the limiter pretty hard in 1st, but by the time the race was over i had about a car and a half on the bmw. I stopped about half way through third. When i pull up at the next light i look over and it was a GIRL. I gave her a smile and went my own way but since when does a girl know how to honk it off. I was super surprised. And she had another girl in the car also both looked like college students.
Edit: My Girlfriend was with me in the the car when i raced them.

Last edited by 180ls1; 06-26-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some girls are just badass... good run
Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Launching!

and you went on your way instead of talking to them because............
Old 06-26-2008, 06:54 AM
TECH Junkie

^ Lol!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Teching In

Hmmm. I'm thinking I would have had to talk with them. Wonder if she really knew how to drive the car hard, or if it was modded at all?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bowtie4life
and you went on your way instead of talking to them because............
updated, i had my girlfriend in the car.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scottp999
Hmmm. I'm thinking I would have had to talk with them. Wonder if she really knew how to drive the car hard, or if it was modded at all?
It seemed stock and it was a 4 door which only weighs a little more then the two doors i believe, i am pretty sure she knew how to drive it it was an auto and it seemed like she stood on it pretty hard.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1
It seemed stock and it was a 4 door which only weighs a little more then the two doors i believe, i am pretty sure she knew how to drive it it was an auto and it seemed like she stood on it pretty hard.
Cool. The auto has different modes and some have paddles. Most people drive in D mode, but DS mode is the aggessive setting. I have a 6MT, but I have heard from many people that the modes on the auto make a big difference in performance.

"6-speed STEPTRONIC transmission
Can a vehicle be too responsive? Not if you"re looking for a dynamic performance that actually adapts to the way you drive. Our 6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission adapts to every driver differently, resulting in improved gear shifting, a more responsive performance, and reduced fuel consumption.

It operates in three modes: sport, which features higher shift points for more lively response; drive, which incorporates BMW's Adaptive Transmission Control; and manual, which allows the driver to assume control of gear selection.

In short, 6-speed automatic transmission provides faster, smoother shifting and enhanced fuel-economy. And if equipped with our Formula 1 inspired steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, you can upshift and downshift quickly without using a clutch."

from:http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ons/Index.aspx

Last edited by scottp999; 06-26-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice kill! I'm going to purchase a 335 soon. Nice rides and its easy to make them decently quick for a luxo ride.....
Old 06-26-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool. The auto has different modes and some have paddles. Most people drive in D mode, but DS mode is the aggessive setting. I have a 6MT, but I have heard from many people that the modes on the auto make a big difference in performance.

Can a vehicle be too responsive? Not if you"re looking for a dynamic performance that actually adapts to the way you drive. Our 6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission adapts to every driver differently, resulting in improved gear shifting, a more responsive performance, and reduced fuel consumption.

It operates in three modes: sport, which features higher shift points for more lively response; drive, which incorporates BMW's Adaptive Transmission Control; and manual, which allows the driver to assume control of gear selection.

In short, 6-speed automatic transmission provides faster, smoother shifting and enhanced fuel-economy. And if equipped with our Formula 1 inspired steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, you can upshift and downshift quickly without using a clutch."

ya she tried to race me before i left that part out, i just did not know the road well enough. I am pretty sure she knew what she was doing that is why i let her have the hit even after her third honk. But i am confident i have the faster car anyways.

I know with a tune with upped boost, intake and exhaust they are capable of 360+ rwhp. That is one of the reasons a cam is going to be coming my way somewhat soon here. Buut i would not feel bad losing to a 55k+car that has 10+ years of technology on me.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

When I drove one I was very displeased w/ the performance. I didn't get the car above 50 though... Could have just been because it was smooth, but it was a stick car and it didn't seem to go very well down low....
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
When I drove one I was very displeased w/ the performance. I didn't get the car above 50 though... Could have just been because it was smooth, but it was a stick car and it didn't seem to go very well down low....
Interesting, since the engine is well known for having full tq available at 1500 rpm and tested 0-60 under 5 seconds (stock) in Car and Driver, Automobile, and road and track.

Happy motoring.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1
That is one of the reasons a cam is going to be coming my way somewhat soon here. Buut i would not feel bad losing to a 55k+car that has 10+ years of technology on me.
More mods. It sure is addicting. Lots of fun though. I don't find too many people to race around here. I had an older mustang GT and a newer RT Charger try to see what I had and it was no contest. Looking for a STR8, LS2 GTO, supercharged mustang, or bolt on Fbody to play with. I have no problems with losing, it's all fun and we're all enthusiasts!

It seems every time I go out to play, when I'm going one way the fast cars are always on the other side of the road

I'm a former firebird (71) and mustang (68) owner myself.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF does this all have to do with his kill? If the bitch knew how to honk, she sure knew how to "properly" race her car.

OP has plenty of power stock to beat the car (not walk or drag down the road but beat) and with the mods its easy to see how he pulled 1 and 1/2 cars.

Shouldn't you be out, practicing how to use your turn signal or something...?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Shouldn't you be out, practicing how to use your turn signal or something...?
It's called sharing information about cars. Cars that people come across in street racing. Put me on your ignore list and you will never have to read anything else I ever say here.

I've seen your inflamatory comments in many other threads, so no surprise there. You are just being you.

Last edited by scottp999; 06-27-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's called sharing information about cars. Cars that people come across in street racing. Put me on your ignore list and you will never have to read anything else I ever say here.

I've seen your inflamatory comments in many other threads, so no surprise there. You are just being you.

Sharing information is one thing but trying to down play the OPs kill is not welcome here.

Inflammatory* comments? OHHH you mean you went through all of my posts to try and "get a little back ground" eh? Good for you?

See that post right there? That's what "warranted" my "Inflamatory" comment.

Maybe you should read this board and share some knowledge with yourself before posting such a ridiculous thing. We sure don't need another Idontrunelevens.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Sharing information is one thing but trying to down play the OPs kill is not welcome here.

Inflammatory* comments? OHHH you mean you went through all of my posts to try and "get a little back ground" eh? Good for you?

See that post right there? That's what "warranted" my "Inflamatory" comment.

Maybe you should read this board and share some knowledge with yourself before posting such a ridiculous thing. We sure don't need another Idontrunelevens.
Just because you like to bitch and moan about anything that doesn't involve F-bodies or Corvettes, doesn't mean that other people might not actually want to learn something about other cars. Knowing how to drive her car properly wouldn't have changed the end result of the race, but you can't assume that everyone who races knows what they're doing.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Were they hot?
I was riding next to two very cute girls in a black two door 335i yesterday
Old 06-28-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Just because you like to bitch and moan about anything that doesn't involve F-bodies or Corvettes, doesn't mean that other people might not actually want to learn something about other cars. Knowing how to drive her car properly wouldn't have changed the end result of the race, but you can't assume that everyone who races knows what they're doing.
Shut your bitch *** up. No one asked for your opinion.

There is no bitching and moaning. Just a simple --> with that kind of posting. It's about as cool as you with your "Well, X car CAN infact go xx.xxx @ xxx in the 1/4 with a good driver, the hand of god blah blah etc etc."

There isn't one bit of information to learn from what that tool bag posted. He tired to down play the OP's kill by saying she "didnt know how to drive". When in fact, the OP didn't murder the BMW but did beat it by a reasonable amount given; typical trap speeds and the mods listed.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

^^ gay? anyway... i got smoked by one in my LT1 z a few weeks back, i was pretty surprised. my cousin got him in his 01 SS for me though.