Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Busted Ha! Ha!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted Ha! Ha!

The Good Guys, Thats a Car Show Series, is in Columbus Ohio this weekend - this isn't related - right!

Ohio Troopers Arrest Nine for Street Racing on I-71 - If convicted 5 mths in jail, a $1,000.00 fine and loss of licenses for 30 days. I wonder if thier insurance rates will change? About a dozen drivers eluded capture. Cars ranged from late model Corvettes to a Honda. Drivers ranged from 20 to 38 in age. Friends really don't let friends race on the streets

But this isn't fair - The police were lying in wait including air support.

Jakes Dad

p.s. Now everyone knows why they call this show GOOD GUYS!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

This is true story reported in the Columbus Dispatch 7/12/08
Old 07-12-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good kill....

Dumbass
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

damn pigs, way to get the real criminals off the street
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

why do you think thats so funny? everyone plays around on the street every now and then and i dont see any thing wrong with it.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats bullshit, now they are convics for street racing, JAIL FOR 5 MOUNTHS, I think it should depend on the situation, if you do street racing the right way its not that dangerous!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Des Jake know his dad is an arrogant *****?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by houtex
Des Jake know his dad is an arrogant *****?
More like mentally unstable.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Alrite I am just getting soooo pissed off about hearing this on the news. I got a ticket for drag racing only I wasnt racing and I wasnt in the front holding up traffic.

Heres what happened.

We meet by sonic at polaris and everything is cool til ppl start playin their music too loud then we get kicked out. Then we ask where everybody is going and they say up I71 to sunbury. Well they never told us they were going to be racing on the way up there to begin with. Then when we saw what was going on, I stayed in the slow lane doing around 65 and did nothing wrong. They were just profiling cars. What they probaly didnt tell you was they pulled over some lady in a sports car because she was in the area at the time and actually put her in hand cuffs and was getting ready to tow her car. Of all the cars they pulled over only one was racing. They just pulled others over because they lost the cars that were actually racing and holding up traffic in front. Didnt wanna make their sting look bad.

Well I got arrested, had to pay to get my car out of the impound, and have to go to court for something I wasnt doing. I am definately getting a lawyer and fighting this. At the jail, we were even told that what they were trying to do to us was bullshit. All I wanted to do is chill with my friends and talk cars and now they are trying to pin this crap on us because they only caught one of the cars that were racing.

This is why I have no faith in our law enforcement anymore.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to hear that. This is the new easy thing for the cops to do and get results. The news loves to report it too cause it gets ratings. Street racing has been going on since like the 30's probably earlyer like when the first two cars were made but only lately in like the last 6 years its the new thing to report on.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is the dummies that do it in the middle of the day and stop traffic. I allways thought street racing was born on the back streets and abandon roads. I blam it all on those stpid fukin movies and stupid import and some domestic drivers.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jasonsblkws6
Alrite I am just getting soooo pissed off about hearing this on the news. I got a ticket for drag racing only I wasnt racing and I wasnt in the front holding up traffic.

Heres what happened.

We meet by sonic at polaris and everything is cool til ppl start playin their music too loud then we get kicked out. Then we ask where everybody is going and they say up I71 to sunbury. Well they never told us they were going to be racing on the way up there to begin with. Then when we saw what was going on, I stayed in the slow lane doing around 65 and did nothing wrong. They were just profiling cars. What they probaly didnt tell you was they pulled over some lady in a sports car because she was in the area at the time and actually put her in hand cuffs and was getting ready to tow her car. Of all the cars they pulled over only one was racing. They just pulled others over because they lost the cars that were actually racing and holding up traffic in front. Didnt wanna make their sting look bad.

Well I got arrested, had to pay to get my car out of the impound, and have to go to court for something I wasnt doing. I am definately getting a lawyer and fighting this. At the jail, we were even told that what they were trying to do to us was bullshit. All I wanted to do is chill with my friends and talk cars and now they are trying to pin this crap on us because they only caught one of the cars that were racing.

Did he win?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

From what Jason's Black WS6 posted it sounds like this was in a mid to high traffic. Talking about the cars out front holding up traffic for the race, innocent cars getting grabbed in the race, etc. At this point I honestly side with the cops more than the racers.

You guys freaking live in Ohio, there have to be hundreds of empty two lane country roads that are long, straight and flat that you can see for miles on and play around on. Play there, not on the highway with traffic.

Back in my dad's day the sherrif would sit there at the side of the road and watch the local muscle cars drag race on a back country road. They never had any problems because they only raced out in the middle of nowhere, so no innocent bystanders were endangered, etc. Now idiots that race in traffic have given us all a bad rep and you get 'profiled' for having a V8.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Good kill....

Dumbass
Plus one man, I mean we all street race, By looking at the section we are in. So
Old 07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jasonsblkws6

Heres what happened.

Do you know if they still got Linn down there. Luckily I didn't head out there last night cause I'd probally be in the same boat as you.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
Thats bullshit, now they are convics for street racing, JAIL FOR 5 MOUNTHS, I think it should depend on the situation, if you do street racing the right way its not that dangerous!
I completely agree just like the way some "people" i know did it
Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

jakesdad is the suck.

poor jake.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Benner
Do you know if they still got Linn down there. Luckily I didn't head out there last night cause I'd probally be in the same boat as you.
Yeah he was still there when I left. I thought I heard them say he wont get bail and has to stay til his court date so who knows?

As for what others said it was close to 1AM and there were barely any cars on the road. Tho I do agree you should only race on backroads and what not which is why I wasnt racing. I only will race at the strip and now I got a drag racing ticket when I wasnt.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that blows man. I was goin through Polaris earlier at about 10 and there were only a couple cars there so I stopped to see if they knew what went down and 10 TV stopped and wanted to interview, but none of us were willing too.