Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GP GXP vs. 300c SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GP GXP vs. 300c SRT-8

went from a 60 km/h roll and by 120 km/h he only pulled a fender on me, considering i thought i was going to get walked i don't think i did too bad. I pulled up beside him and asked if it was the 6.1, he said ya. He was really excited so i dunno if he just got the car or if it was a buddies. He was driving around pretty wild and it didn't seem like he was used to the power. it was completely stock. do they come in manual or just auto?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill!

The SRT8s came with autos (plus tapshift style setup, although I think their's is on the shifter) and manual trannies. The vast majority of the 300C SRT8s were autos though according to the figures I saw awhile back.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm. there autos must be alittle slower than normal. he should have steadily walked you.

i had a 2005 GXP heck one of the first. you probly trap around 102ish at max they can trap 108+ but its on the street so hey good kill. i used to love doing 70mph rolls in my GXP. it was such a sweet spot. and going to 101mph before 3rd
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Thats odd.
Nothing a few more mods for you wont fix and yes, they are all 5 speed autos.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:32 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by StealthV8
went from a 60 km/h roll and by 120 km/h he only pulled a fender on me, considering i thought i was going to get walked i don't think i did too bad. I pulled up beside him and asked if it was the 6.1, he said ya. He was really excited so i dunno if he just got the car or if it was a buddies. He was driving around pretty wild and it didn't seem like he was used to the power. it was completely stock. do they come in manual or just auto?
That was a pretty short race, and I'm sure he would have pulled you pretty well once you got going faster. But good run nonetheless

Last edited by Irunelevens; 07-13-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

I thought it was pretty odd too, i tried to get him to race before from a light but he jst rolled through and punched it at 20km/h as did i and we were even till 70 km/h were he let off. People are really scared to street race around here and it really seemed like he didn't know the car very well.
I just bought the car 3 months ago and it's a summer only car so in the winter months its mod time

ps i didn't win the race he edged me by a fender, i also think my cars some what of a freak cause i raced my buddies gp gxp and beat him by 1.5 cars from
0-150km/h
Old 07-13-2008, 12:34 PM

I thought it was pretty odd too, i tried to get him to race before from a light but he jst rolled through and punched it at 20km/h as did i and we were even till 70 km/h were he let off. People are really scared to street race around here and it really seemed like he didn't know the car very well.
I just bought the car 3 months ago and it's a summer only car so in the winter months its mod time

ps i didn't win the race he edged me by a fender, i also think my cars some what of a freak cause i raced my buddies gp gxp and beat him by 1.5 cars from
0-150km/h
Thats sounds more like it. I can see the combination of your stronger car with his unfamiliarity with his car could lead to a very close race indeed. Put it this way, your car is MUCH eaiser to mod and make more power. SRT's can get 400-410rwhp from CAI/Diablo but after that things get stingy as far as mod/$$. You should atleast get a tune for yours!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Thats sounds more like it. I can see the combination of your stronger car with his unfamiliarity with his car could lead to a very close race indeed. Put it this way, your car is MUCH eaiser to mod and make more power. SRT's can get 400-410rwhp from CAI/Diablo but after that things get stingy as far as mod/$$. You should atleast get a tune for yours!
the plan for this winter is 3" down pipe, a electric cut, 100 shot, and tune. If i have enough money saved i'm getting the trans built to handle the turbo for next year, if not it will have to wait too. Turbo and trans build alone is going to run me 7-9 grand and i have to find a good shop to do the trans build and tunning a lot of dumbass's around here
Old 07-13-2008, 11:04 PM

the plan for this winter is 3" down pipe, a electric cut, 100 shot, and tune. If i have enough money saved i'm getting the trans built to handle the turbo for next year, if not it will have to wait too. Turbo and trans build alone is going to run me 7-9 grand and i have to find a good shop to do the trans build and tunning a lot of dumbass's around here
Hell of a GXP right there!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. Sounds like the guy didn't know it's quirks and weaknesses.

How fast did you get up to? 37 might have been his dead spot in 2nd, 74mph definitely is for 3rd. Nice job - know your car AND your gearing!

Last edited by Deuuuce; 07-15-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran a similar race, but I lost badly. The other guy was a local track aficionado, so I kinda figured I wouldn't do too well, but he pulled about three cars on my 07 Monte SS.

Quick Reply: GP GXP vs. 300c SRT-8