TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy kris
get the terminator
Shut up.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey at tick had a cam only with nitrous and outran a 640hp kb cobra, pretty sure that was the hp. Videos are in here somewhere, search my cammed ls1 vs cobra. It will be alot cheaper than buying a cobra.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Cam that bitch and stop whining. Vindicator II and a 150 shot and say hello to a good deal of the KB/Whipple Cobras out there for WAY less money.

(I know, not necessarily ALL KB/Whipple Cobras, but for like $2,000 you can cam and spray the WS6 vs the money to buy the Cobra and throw a KB or Whipple at it - no brainer to me if you really do like the WS6)
this is true but the cobra will hold that power all day everyday. a big shot big cam ls1 is a ticking time bomb.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
this is true but the cobra will hold that power all day everyday. a big shot big cam ls1 is a ticking time bomb.
Shut up.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

OP,

How bout the best of both worlds... I'll sell you my car and you can have a T/A and still beat KB Cobras :-) 100% street legal! http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontia..._Am/2001/4832/

hehe -
I will be selling soon.... Life tells me i should buy a house
Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Get even, Pro Charger or turbo the ls1 and put the Cobras in the rear view. If you can afford it.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Mine didn't
Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Mine didn't
what happened?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
what happened?
you blew up the cobra already? how did you manage that with a pulley/port setup?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

what happened?
you blew up the cobra already? how did you manage that with a pulley/port setup?
Not exactly sure what happened...too pissed off to look at it right now. All I know is, I lost compression in #6 and #8 cylinders.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Not exactly sure what happened...too pissed off to look at it right now. All I know is, I lost compression in #6 and #8 cylinders.
******* FORD for ya. Turds............................all of'em!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryans_pewter_ss
Joey at tick had a cam only with nitrous and outran a 640hp kb cobra, pretty sure that was the hp. Videos are in here somewhere, search my cammed ls1 vs cobra. It will be alot cheaper than buying a cobra.
As I recall, he damned near put that bitch on the bumper though...
and only trapped 127mph. He obviously has that chassis working.
The Cobra clearly doesn't have suspension mods that can be compared
to Joey's car. 127mph is nothing for a 640rwhp Cobra. 135mph should
be no problem. ET is all about hook, which Joey has and that Cobra
didn't. You have to compare apples to apples. Throwing a cam in
Omega's car will not make it run like Joey's car.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 305 h.o.
Get even, Pro Charger or turbo the ls1 and put the Cobras in the rear view. If you can afford it.

+2 on the ProCharger.

This is the second thread I am seeing today about selling a LSX to get a mustang; and there are more mustang votes than LSX! WTF! Is this LS1TECH or a mustang forum??

Seriously, I do respect the mustang, but bolt a supercharger with an upgraded fuel system to a stock LS1 with a good tune and you will be rolling. Or call Texas speed, since you are in Texas, or any of the other sponsors to the right and tell them what you want to do and they will steer you in the right direction.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

N2O is a poor mans friend!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Right. I had everything (KB @20lbs/solid/bolt ons) on my Cobra and I beat the **** out of it and it never once gave me a moments trouble other than 2 alternators. I cant begin to say how many problems I had with my 2 SS's with much, MUCH less power.

I'll let you know about the C6 but so far so good. I would take an 03 Cobra over an F-body any day, no offense.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Yea. To me, no forced induction = NA.
UH....the bottle is FI.
Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Then you only have one choice my friend.

If you have never had a KB Cobra, you aint lived yet. Just tonight I was pricing them on Ebay. Damn I love those cars.

No offense to Mach guys, but if youre gonna do it, do it all the way and grab the Cobra.
That's just WRONG Jay....wrong. lOL
thanks man I'm really considering it again? if this dealer can make me an offer I can't refuse then I will probably grab it! the WS6 would probably make a better track car but I hardly ever go anymore! and the Cobras have better blocks,and trannys and rearends so just adding the exhaust pulley,heat exchanger and tune could possibly put it at 500rwhp and a HWY/DD killa!
Cobra's dont' have better rears. The have better carriers (31 spline) though. ALOT more str. axle swaps with Mach rears than the other way around. If you want 500RWHP, you'll need a STG3 port, CAI, idler tensioners with a 2.81" pulley. There's more to it than what you posted.

Funny thing is.....get a mach, slap on an 8psi ATi P1SC, midpipe, catback, Focus SVT pump, gauges, tune, Inj. (or buy a new kit from ATi and tune it) and you'll have more power than a modded Cobra and have a quicker ET. Afraid of the block? Pull it, drop in $1k worth of pistons and rods and have a MUCH BETTER platform than a cobra. Cobra's only have 8.5 CR so to get ~450rwhp, they need alot more boost than 8psi. Then again, it's only a pulley swap and tune away.

Cobra's have a better carrier and a better platform with the motor (we all know this). but outside of that, the mach has the advantage. It's lighter (even with an ATi charger), has better tranny gears, straight axle and higher CR (better for low end TQ).

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cobra, but I would like to point out just how potent a mach is if you know what to do with it.
HINT HINT....I've owned both (just like Jester).
No cooling mod?

Sometimes **** happens no matter what, and it stucks.

Last edited by ponygt65; 08-05-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
UH....the bottle is FI.

Cobra's dont' have better rears. The have better carriers (31 spline) though. ALOT more str. axle swaps with Mach rears than the other way around. If you want 500RWHP, you'll need a STG3 port, CAI, idler tensioners with a 2.81" pulley. There's more to it than what you posted.

Funny thing is.....get a mach, slap on an 8psi ATi P1SC, midpipe, catback, Focus SVT pump, gauges, tune, Inj. (or buy a new kit from ATi and tune it) and you'll have more power than a modded Cobra and have a quicker ET. Afraid of the block? Pull it, drop in $1k worth of pistons and rods and have a MUCH BETTER platform than a cobra. Cobra's only have 8.5 CR so to get ~450rwhp, they need alot more boost than 8psi. Then again, it's only a pulley swap and tune away.

Cobra's have a better carrier and a better platform with the motor (we all know this). but outside of that, the mach has the advantage. It's lighter (even with an ATi charger), has better tranny gears, straight axle and higher CR (better for low end TQ).

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cobra, but I would like to point out just how potent a mach is if you know what to do with it.

No cooling mod?

Dude, thats alot of typing.

At times, Im lazy when it comes to modding cars so for me, slapping a foolproof blower onto a car that is readily designed for it is much easier than anything else.

If I had a Mach 1, Id just juice the hell out of it. 175 minimum ALL the time.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
UH....the bottle is FI.

No cooling mod?

oh boy where do i start.
1. The 03 cobra irs is stronger than a factory ford 8.8. the reason they break(most of the time) is people start wheel hopping and dont let out. i have seen a 300 rwhp mach 1 granade a stock 8.8. ( I am going solid axle but when it goes in it will be built to the hills.)
2. For a procharger set up on a mach 1 your gonna spend around 6k to do it right and make 450 rwhp (fyi a mach 1 bottom end is no stronger than a gt bottom end aside from the crank and it will not hold much more power than that.) You can pull that off with less than 1k in a cobra.
3. Compression ratio or not cobra with the roots style blower will put a mach 1 to shame on the low end torque even with a procharger.
4. The TR 3650 is JUNK. JUNK. JUNK. It may have better ratios but its junk. ill take a T-56 over it any day of the week.
I am not taking anything away from mach 1's. they are a great car and run hard. but they are not in the same league as an 03 cobra. oh 1 thing the mach has over the cobra are factory subframe connectors .