Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs Silver 03-04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Unhappy WS6 vs Silver 03-04 cobra

I should have mentioned this in my other thread but got one solid race in with a silver Cobra with at least exhaust on it and it had the extra pillar gauges so I should have known he might have been "extra" modded,anyways I get next to him at around 25mph or so see him downshift I "thought" he would spin some and I would jump out on him but no sir we both hit it and he pulls me bye 2 cars at around 80-85 come to the next light inwhich I turn left gave him the thumbs up he chunks a duece and we go about our business! I swear I have to have the longest losing streak in what I thought was a quick car(7.9 1/8 mile untuned,it's now tuned though) I have to do one of three things?

1. buy a 03-04 cobra
2. buy a 03-04 Mach1 and add nitrous and the other bolt ons
3. drop a nasty lil' cam in the WS6 and maybe add nitrous to it?

any other suggestions or thought's on my three picks would be appreciated!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add the cam! Cammed LS1 cars with a cutout sound like sex! Although I'd like to own a 03/04 Cobra since I already own a 97 Cobra the next performance vehicle I buy will more than likey be an LS1,2,3 car. GTO or Trans Am.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I think you already know that you don't need to buy a new car to get faster. Just toss a few more $$$ at the Ellis and be done with it. It's always a neverending battle.......trying to be faster than the next guy that pulls up to you.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Yea, I think you already know that you don't need to buy a new car to get faster. Just toss a few more $$$ at the Ellis and be done with it. It's always a neverending battle.......trying to be faster than the next guy that pulls up to you.
yea but before I bought this Ws6 I was a stang banger for 15 years(foxbodys mainly) and I was actually looking for a Mach1 or Cobra before I switched over! anyways yea i know I should just add the cam and juice and be done with it but I do miss the stangs!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
yea but before I bought this Ws6 I was a stang banger for 15 years(foxbodys mainly) and I was actually looking for a Mach1 or Cobra before I switched over! anyways yea i know I should just add the cam and juice and be done with it but I do miss the stangs!
Well if you're gonna get back into a Stang for performance, you won't do better than an 03/04 Cobra. But I'm sure you already know that.

Of course, if NA is your thing, a bolt-on Mach with a healthy shot of laughing gas is no slouch either.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Well if you're gonna get back into a Stang for performance, you won't do better than an 03/04 Cobra. But I'm sure you already know that.

Of course, if NA is your thing, a bolt-on Mach with a healthy shot of laughing gas is no slouch either.
A sprayed car is NA?
Old 08-02-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
A sprayed car is NA?
Yea. To me, no forced induction = NA.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Damn bro, thats sad.

Honestly, I would add a cam, springs and tune at this point since that is the cheapest easiest way. Thats still only going to put you right beside an average pullied Cobra (117-120 mph traps) but it is the cheapest easiest way right now.

BUT, if you install a cam and then decide to sell it for an 03 Cobra (thats what I would do, really ) then the modded/cammed car may, MAY be harder to sell.

I would honestly go for a Cobra and then new twin screw all the way. Hell I still think about it and I went to a C6. Thats how much fun those f-in cars are. I really miss mine. With the new fuel mods, larger s/c inlets (known restriction) and larger throttle bodies these days, they have become even stronger but very few in numbers. 650-700rwhp now on pump gas!!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 PM

Then you only have one choice my friend.

If you have never had a KB Cobra, you aint lived yet. Just tonight I was pricing them on Ebay. Damn I love those cars.

No offense to Mach guys, but if youre gonna do it, do it all the way and grab the Cobra.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Then you only have one choice my friend.

If you have never had a KB Cobra, you aint lived yet. Just tonight I was pricing them on Ebay. Damn I love those cars.

No offense to Mach guys, but if youre gonna do it, do it all the way and grab the Cobra.
thanks man I'm really considering it again? if this dealer can make me an offer I can't refuse then I will probably grab it! the WS6 would probably make a better track car but I hardly ever go anymore! and the Cobras have better blocks,and trannys and rearends so just adding the exhaust pulley,heat exchanger and tune could possibly put it at 500rwhp and a HWY/DD killa!
Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 AM

thanks man I'm really considering it again? if this dealer can make me an offer I can't refuse then I will probably grab it! the WS6 would probably make a better track car but I hardly ever go anymore! and the Cobras have better blocks,and trannys and rearends so just adding the exhaust pulley,heat exchanger and tune could possibly put it at 500rwhp and a HWY/DD killa!
Not to mention the low end tq from the blower makes it so much more fun on the street and making 470+rwhp and idling and driving like stock is also a huge plus. One of the best reasons to have one.

Bro, let me tell you, with a decent tire and a fw adjuster/quadrant (they make the clutch release more predictable, and its butta with a Spec 3+) it will launch and hook just fine. I mean as well as any other car with 450rwtq @ 3K anyway.

Good luck.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

If you're asking, just sell the LS1 to someone who really wants it and knows how to make it fast and get yourself a ford.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Just that alone will get you to at most 460rwhp.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
If you're asking, just sell the LS1 to someone who really wants it and knows how to make it fast and get yourself a ford.
thats the plan! there is just alot of untold issues!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Teching In

I should have mentioned this in my other thread but got one solid race in with a silver Cobra with at least exhaust on it and it had the extra pillar gauges so I should have known he might have been "extra" modded,anyways I get next to him at around 25mph or so see him downshift I "thought" he would spin some and I would jump out on him but no sir we both hit it and he pulls me bye 2 cars at around 80-85 come to the next light inwhich I turn left gave him the thumbs up he chunks a duece and we go about our business! I swear I have to have the longest losing streak in what I thought was a quick car(7.9 1/8 mile untuned,it's now tuned though) I have to do one of three things?

1. buy a 03-04 cobra
2. buy a 03-04 Mach1 and add nitrous and the other bolt ons
3. drop a nasty lil' cam in the WS6 and maybe add nitrous to it?

any other suggestions or thought's on my three picks would be appreciated!
My sig = smile on my face.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Sounds about right to me, OP you should buy a Ford.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
Sounds about right to me, OP you should buy a Ford.
well the problem is I like the damn WS6 but I was a stang banger for 15+ years before the the WS6 I wish I could afford both!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:56 PM

well the problem is I like the damn WS6 but I was a stang banger for 15+ years before the the WS6 I wish I could afford both!

Amen. Im @ 9 Mustangs, 6 Camaro's and 1 Corvette. On a side note, 1 Celica and 2 ZX 11's.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Amen. Im @ 9 Mustangs, 6 Camaro's and 1 Corvette. On a side note, 1 Celica and 2 ZX 11's.
I'm at 10 stangs 1 WS6 TA and 1 Z06 vette
Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cam that bitch and stop whining. Vindicator II and a 150 shot and say hello to a good deal of the KB/Whipple Cobras out there for WAY less money.

(I know, not necessarily ALL KB/Whipple Cobras, but for like $2,000 you can cam and spray the WS6 vs the money to buy the Cobra and throw a KB or Whipple at it - no brainer to me if you really do like the WS6)