Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*WS6 vs GT500 Steeda Edition*(Pics and Video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
He's refering to mach 1's being just as fast as LS1's. You have to read carefully to see that because he doesn't clarify well.
Oh. Reading comprehension>me.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryJ
I'm brand loyal for a reason, and apparently I was giving you too much credit to begin with. Visit NewCarTestDrive.com here's the links
http://newcartestdrive.com/review-fi...&ReviewID=2646
2003 Cobra Coupe - $33,750
http://newcartestdrive.com/review-fi...&ReviewID=3729
2002 Camaro Z28 Coupe - $22,700 + SS Package $3,625 = $26,375

That means the 03' Cobra is $7,425 (nearly 30%) more expensive than an equivalent Camaro SS.

YOU FAIL. But I will not retract my statement that the 03/04 Cobra is great bang for the buck.

What happened to your earlier post where you said Mach 1's are faster than base LS1's?
i never said mach 1's were faster than base ls1's. reading ownes you.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
why is it that everybody compares the ls1 against the gt? aren't you forgetting about the mach 1 which will keep up with the camaro and for around the same price. damnit who cares if you beat a ******* gt in an ls1 camaro when the mach 1 is just as fast for about the same price. and thats not even the top of the line cause you have the 03/04 cobras.

as for the lt1 i think they are really close with an edge gt.
i still think its retarded to compare a z06 to a car that cost 30K less. who cares if it wins when you paid 30K more.
the mach 1 is still behind an LS1 f-car. with a damn good driver stock for stock they will be close. but the LS1 still has it. MM&FF tested both, and the LS1 still clock a quicker time by a little over a tenth and a couple MPH.

and no, an LT1 car is close with a 99-04 GT.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bww3588
incorrect, the GT500 with forged internal 5.4 is for boulevard crusing only, and is not made to compete with anything. just ask irunelevens and all his nutswinging mustang fanboys....they are just starting to get a big head on their shoulders because they can finally argue that ford has something that will rape an f-body stock for stock. congrats ford, it only took you what, 10 years, and a break from production on the f-body's part. its cool, the new camaro will put ford back where they belong.

good run, i agree tho, with a good driver and maybe the valet mode or w/e is going on with the computer gone, you would have got your *** handed to you. they are quick, but it doenst take many mods to shut one down for quite a bit less money, not to mention the lack of a blower.

Umm... I thought a 03/04 termi vs an 02 ss the termi was faster in the 1/4? stock for stock? I could be wrong tho but Honesty you cant compare a ls motor to a blown 4.6 or 5.4. Ford built it around boost thats why the internals are beef up. Now a ls motor on a stock bottem end with heads and cam normaly die of RPMs being spun way high. But dont get me wrong ls motor have came along way and there are some that put out better numbers and perform better then blown 4.6 and 5.4. IMHO its way better to do a big cube na ls motor then a blown 4.6 or 5.4 simple fact is those blown motors loose around 20-30 hp due to heat soak where as a na wont loose that much. Then with the blown motors some us NOS to boost power and cool down two power adders suck but work