Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*WS6 vs GT500 Steeda Edition*(Pics and Video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008 | 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

you want to quote top of the line cars, lets run top of the line cars. all i hear is ford boys bitching because the Cobra's werent built to run with the vette. i guess they weren't built for anything except to look good on paper and driving down the sunset strip with a milf riding bitch. thats nice, the vette was built to run on the road course, mainly, and on the drag strip.

obviously they Cobra's were built for the same thing, or they would be nothing except V6 mustangs with sexy bodys and nice wheels. if im not mistaken, the Cobra R was not a very practical car, with no creature comforts that sell cars. not that that matters, the 5.4 N/A motor was great, but obviously there was something wrong with it, or something better about SC motors that appealed to Ford more. i'd say the SC motors were more efficient/cost effective than a built to the moon N/A motor.

so lets run what you brung, top of the line GT500 against a top of the line Z06.....
top of the line Terminator against top of the line Z06 for the same years....
LS1 f-body pony car, against GT mustang pony car....
LT1 f-body pony car, against GT mustang pony car....
Fox mustang against mullet f-body....(credit to ford on this one.... GM must have been asleep.)

i see GM on top the whole way except the 80's without a blower insight
Old 08-12-2008 | 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's next the arguement of HP/L? Jebus they are cars that can both be made fast on the strip or the roadcourse. This "Ford sucks because they use a blower" or "Chevy sucks because they still use old technology" is getting kind of old. I'm a Chevy guy but I like Stangs too, even if I do indulge in FRIENDLY bashing of them.
Old 08-12-2008 | 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

I can't believe I just read this ******* headache of a thread.
OP-Good kill.
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:03 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by bww3588
you want to quote top of the line cars, lets run top of the line cars. all i hear is ford boys bitching because the Cobra's werent built to run with the vette. i guess they weren't built for anything except to look good on paper and driving down the sunset strip with a milf riding bitch. thats nice, the vette was built to run on the road course, mainly, and on the drag strip.

obviously they Cobra's were built for the same thing, or they would be nothing except V6 mustangs with sexy bodys and nice wheels. if im not mistaken, the Cobra R was not a very practical car, with no creature comforts that sell cars. not that that matters, the 5.4 N/A motor was great, but obviously there was something wrong with it, or something better about SC motors that appealed to Ford more. i'd say the SC motors were more efficient/cost effective than a built to the moon N/A motor.

so lets run what you brung, top of the line GT500 against a top of the line Z06.....
Fox mustang against mullet f-body....(credit to ford on this one.... GM must have been asleep.)

OMGWTFBBQ GM IS THE BEST!!!

Is that what you want to see everyone type?
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
OMGWTFBBQ GM IS THE BEST!!!

Is that what you want to see everyone type?
Yes!!! lol
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLUE OVAL TURBO
00' Cobra R 5.4 Dohc made 385/385 H.P/LB-FT, N/A from 330 cid displacement.
If I remember correctly, it got walked by the C5Z in every competition except the slalom, and it carried a equivelant pricetag.
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:26 AM
***Repost Police***

I wouldn't say "walked," but yes the C5Z was faster.
Old 08-13-2008 | 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

and it had a radio.
Old 08-13-2008 | 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Specs on Cobra R look like 12.9 in the 1/4 and the C5Z ran 11.9. A full second. Thats a few car lengths when you're going over 100mph. In my book, thats walked.
Old 08-13-2008 | 08:29 AM
On The Tree

I'm going to respect your opinion even though it has flaws and bias. The Cobra has never been a Corvette competitor ever no need to argue this point it was to counter the SS Camaro. The Cobra R was tested against the Z06 and Viper due to it's power rating/ handling potential. I can't say it's weight, due to it still being near a stock Cobra's curb weight. Nothing was wrong with the 5.4 dohc it has one of the best built bottom ends in the industry. Top of the line cars ? I thought the SS was the top of the line Camaro 4th gen available from the GM factory? I notice you mentioned GM being sleep at the wheel in the mid 80's, the IROC-Z brought back a 5.7 liter engine even though no manual trans was offered. Ford was too, in my opinion they should have used the 5.8L like in the 60's & early 70's. All of this matters not seeing how in reality Ford choose to do what they did and still rule the pony car market today.
Old 08-13-2008 | 08:41 AM
Teching In

This thread is funny. People assume someone buys are car for it's 1/4 miles times.

Just ask yourself, in 30 years which car is more then likely to be worth more then it's sold value. A 2008 C6 or a 2008 GT500?

To the OP nice kill. I wont say I wasn't shocked by the out come myself. But a kill is a kill. It's not your fault he sucks as a driver.
Old 08-13-2008 | 08:48 AM
On The Tree

I'm going to respect your opinion even though it has flaws and bias. The Cobra has never been a Corvette competitor ever no need to argue this point it was to counter the SS Camaro. The Cobra R was tested against the Z06 and Viper due to it's power rating/ handling potential. I can't say it's weight, due to it still being near a stock Cobra's curb weight. Nothing was wrong with the 5.4 dohc it has one of the best built bottom ends in the industry. Top of the line cars ? I thought the SS was the top of the line Camaro 4th gen available from the GM factory? All of this matters not seeing how in reality Ford choose to do what they did and still rule the pony car market today.
If the Cobra R was a Camaro SS competitor then why does it have a Corvette price tag? Sure the Cobra R outperforms a Camaro SS (it better for the extra $$$), but if you want to say the Cobra R competed with the Camaro SS, then the Cobra R failed miserably ... selling volume and profit had to be relativly nothing compared to the Camaro SS. And if you compare the Cobra R to the GM performance car in its price range (i.e. Corvette) it failed there too. I like the Cobra R, don't get me wrong, but when comparing it to a Camaro SS, it fails in price, and when comparing it to a Corvette, it fails in performance. And your last comment is even more enteraining, considering Ford cannot touch the PERFORMANCE / $ that GM has to offer. PERIOD
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:06 AM
Teching In

Price doesn't always reflect who they are going after. Look at the Z06 vs the Viper. There is no doubt the Z06 was built to take down the Viper. GM said it themselves but the price doesn't reflect that.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by unit213
I never honk. Why in the world would you honk three times as if to
say..."Hey everybody! Look over here...we are about to race!"

I give everyone the hit. They can go when they are ready.
^^beat'em in style. i like that. it's even better when you see the look on their face when you come rollin by them even after they get like a two car jump.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Price doesn't always reflect who they are going after. Look at the Z06 vs the Viper. There is no doubt the Z06 was built to take down the Viper. GM said it themselves but the price doesn't reflect that.
This may be true, but it doesn't help Ford or Dodge's standpoint. If Ford was targeting the Camaro SS with the Cobra R, why did it take them another $15k to do so? You're right, GM targeted the Viper with the C6 Z06, and successfully competes/outperforms it for $20k less. Like I said, Ford and Dodge make amazing cars, I love the Viper, GT40, GT500, Cobra, etc ... but they can't compete with GM's performance/$

edit: I can't wait to see how the ZR1 competes with the 2008 ACR Viper

Last edited by AngryJ; 08-13-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AngryJ
This may be true, but it doesn't help Ford or Dodge's standpoint. If Ford was targeting the Camaro SS with the Cobra R, why did it take them another $15k to do so? You're right, GM targeted the Viper with the C6 Z06, and successfully competes/outperforms it for $20k less. Like I said, Ford and Dodge make amazing cars, I love the Viper, GT40, GT500, Cobra, etc ... but they can't compete with GM's performance/$

edit: I can't wait to see how the ZR1 competes with the 2008 ACR Viper
The Z06 is a great car no doubt but the '08 Viper beats it in almost every aspect.
Old 08-13-2008 | 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
The Z06 is a great car no doubt but the '08 Viper beats it in almost every aspect.
this is true ... but up until the Viper introduced 600hp, the Z06 was with it or ahead of it, and the GT40 for that matter. You could say I'm a bit of a Z06 , but I highly respect any car that performs
Old 08-13-2008 | 11:33 AM
On The Tree

I had to go back and read what i typed because i definitely typed the Cobra not Cobra R is the direct competition for the Camaro SS . The Cobra R all models '93/'95/'00 are limited production race cars ,never intended for quantity production. 55K is a large sum for a Mustang IMO but for a limited production factory "Race Car " it probably is a bargain. Canton/ Brembo/McCloud/Borla/Bassani etc , gained from this marriage of SVT and aftermarket companies.
Old 08-13-2008 | 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

55K is a large sum for a Mustang IMO but for a limited production factory "Race Car " it probably is a bargain.
Why are you calling it a race car? Just because it has no radio? It sure doesn't perform like a race car. And if you're going to say it outperformed the camaro SS because it wasn't built to compete with the vette, that statement wouldn't really be accurate either. I have seen the magazine article myself where the camaro SS has been driven to a 12.9, the same as the cobra R. Handling wise, yes, it did dominate.
Old 08-13-2008 | 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bww3588

why is it that everybody compares the ls1 against the gt? aren't you forgetting about the mach 1 which will keep up with the camaro and for around the same price. damnit who cares if you beat a ******* gt in an ls1 camaro when the mach 1 is just as fast for about the same price. and thats not even the top of the line cause you have the 03/04 cobras.

as for the lt1 i think they are really close with an edge gt.
i still think its retarded to compare a z06 to a car that cost 30K less. who cares if it wins when you paid 30K more.