Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*WS6 vs GT500 Steeda Edition*(Pics and Video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008 | 01:05 PM
On The Tree

"Listen" Please take the time to research things you comment about "PLEASE" !!! "R" means racing first off correct ?? Next google the '93/ '95 /'00 all are factory prepared racecars. Don't take my word for it : Any test of these vehicles the cars are called racecars. (IE) MOTOR TREND : August 2000 / Muscle Mustang Fast Fords Sept. 2000 has all the models listed etc. I'm done with the thread, sorry to the original poster good kill .
Old 08-13-2008 | 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLUE OVAL TURBO
""R" means racing first off correct ??
I always thought it meant "Ricer" or "Retard".
Old 08-13-2008 | 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
Why are you calling it a race car? Just because it has no radio?
lets it comes with a factory cage

o ya AND YOU HAD TO HAVE A SANCTIONED RACING LICENSE TO EVEN BUY SOME OF THEM
Old 08-13-2008 | 02:03 PM
Launching!

my neighbor had one but it didn't come with a cage, i remeber cause he was telling me about it and like a month later the next time i saw it he had done the cage,new clutch, headers, head work, rear diff cooler new exhaust, ican't even name all the **** but it was a nice car, and he pretty much only drove it on the track. he traded an M5 w mods for it plus some cash he even bought a enclosed trailor for it so yea it was pretty bad
Old 08-13-2008 | 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
why is it that everybody compares the ls1 against the gt? aren't you forgetting about the mach 1 which will keep up with the camaro and for around the same price. damnit who cares if you beat a ******* gt in an ls1 camaro when the mach 1 is just as fast for about the same price. and thats not even the top of the line cause you have the 03/04 cobras.

as for the lt1 i think they are really close with an edge gt.
i still think its retarded to compare a z06 to a car that cost 30K less. who cares if it wins when you paid 30K more.
We compare the base LS1 fbody to the Mustang GT because they are both base model V8s. I'll compare the SS and WS6 to the Mach 1 and Cobra, which is a much closer comparison than the base LS1 and Mustang GT. The 03-04 Cobra is a moot point because it came out after the Fbody ended production and was at a Corvette price point. I love those cars anyhow, they just apparently weren't targeting a GM platform.

And for your last point, you're correct, we shouldn't compare a GT500 to a C6 Z06 because it isn't even close. What's funny is Ford's only competitor for the $75k Z06 is a $150k GT40 ... now that is a stupid comparison
Old 08-13-2008 | 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AngryJ
We compare the base LS1 fbody to the Mustang GT because they are both base model V8s. I'll compare the SS and WS6 to the Mach 1 and Cobra, which is a much closer comparison than the base LS1 and Mustang GT. The 03-04 Cobra is a moot point because it came out after the Fbody ended production and was at a Corvette price point. I love those cars anyhow, they just apparently weren't targeting a GM platform.

And for your last point, you're correct, we shouldn't compare a GT500 to a C6 Z06 because it isn't even close. What's funny is Ford's only competitor for the $75k Z06 is a $150k GT40 ... now that is a stupid comparison
03 cobras sticker price was 34k for a coupe. an optioned out camaro ss or ws6 was the same price in 02. You could buy all 3 cars brand new at the same time. john colletti himself said that the 03/04 cobras were built to put an end to the pony car war (ie camaros,t/a's). People forget how early the 03's came out due to no 02 cobra. a c5 corvette was more money than an 03 and the 03 cobra was faster.
Old 08-13-2008 | 02:46 PM
On The Tree

agree

but compare the cobra to the top of the line GM (ss and ws6) and the mach 1 to the base model...and GM doesn't beat either.

Last edited by mrbigjeep; 08-13-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2008 | 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
John Colletti himself said that the 03/04 cobras were built to put an end to the pony car war (ie camaros,t/a's).
Apparently someone forgot to tell John and Ford that the Camaro and TA was no longer in production thus ending the pony war.

I know that this was said and the Cobra was built for that purpose.
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Apparently someone forgot to tell John and Ford that the Camaro and TA was no longer in production thus ending the pony war.

Yeah but what you have to realize is the car was already on the design table and Ford invested enough money that even though GM had cut their pony car it would have been dumb to kill the Cobra at that point.
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Yeah but what you have to realize is the car was already on the design table and Ford invested enough money that even though GM had cut their pony car it would have been dumb to kill the Cobra at that point.
You didn't catch that it was a joke. Hence the .
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:18 PM
On The Tree

03 cobras sticker price was 34k for a coupe. an optioned out camaro ss or ws6 was the same price in 02. You could buy all 3 cars brand new at the same time. john colletti himself said that the 03/04 cobras were built to put an end to the pony car war (ie camaros,t/a's). People forget how early the 03's came out due to no 02 cobra. a c5 corvette was more money than an 03 and the 03 cobra was faster.
I love the 03/04 Cobras ... they are beasts. The 03 Cobra may be slightly faster in a straight line than a base C5, but put them on a road course or autoX and once again there is no comparison. I have a hard time believing an equivalent optioned out SS/WS6 and 03 Cobra were selling at the same price point. The most bare bones Cobra may have been $34k, but iirc the bulk of them were going for mid/high 30's which is a few thousand more than an equivalent Fbody. I love both, but I don't think there is much of a comparison for the blown Cobras.

agree

but compare the cobra to the top of the line GM (ss and ws6) and the mach 1 to the base model...and GM doesn't beat either.
What are you talking about? I have personally walked two stock 99'-02' Cobras and one stock Mach 1 in my stock Trans Am. Why don't you compare the Firehawk to the Cobra, so on and so forth. You're argument is rediculous, but it all comes down to the bottom line of ... YOU CAN'T BEAT GM'S PERFORMANCE / $$$, no matter what cars you want to compare, but the 03/04 Cobra is the next best thing IMO.
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:44 PM
On The Tree

I love the 03/04 Cobras ... they are beasts. The 03 Cobra may be slightly faster in a straight line than a base C5, but put them on a road course or autoX and once again there is no comparison. I have a hard time believing an equivalent optioned out SS/WS6 and 03 Cobra were selling at the same price point. The most bare bones Cobra may have been $34k, but iirc the bulk of them were going for mid/high 30's which is a few thousand more than an equivalent Fbody. I love both, but I don't think there is much of a comparison for the blown Cobras.

What are you talking about? I have personally walked two stock 99'-02' Cobras and one stock Mach 1 in my stock Trans Am. Why don't you compare the Firehawk to the Cobra, so on and so forth. You're argument is rediculous, but it all comes down to the bottom line of ... YOU CAN'T BEAT GM'S PERFORMANCE / $$$, no matter what cars you want to compare, but the 03/04 Cobra is the next best thing IMO.
listen up. your brand loyalty is blinding you. there is no such thing as a bare bones 03/04 cobra. there were 2 options for the car 1. chrome wheels 2. spoiler delete. and yes your optioned out ss's and ws6's were same price if not over the price of the cobra. so indeed yes you can beat gm's bang for the buck.
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:46 PM
On The Tree

yea turns out they didnt even have to make the cobra. gm just through the towel in.
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:51 PM
On The Tree

dude i'm talking about 03/04 cobras and they are faster. and you should race a few more mach 1's because they are just as fast.
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:37 PM
On The Tree

I always thought it meant "Ricer" or "Retard".
"Ricer Eater" "Retard smasher"
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:42 PM
On The Tree

listen up. your brand loyalty is blinding you. there is no such thing as a bare bones 03/04 cobra. there were 2 options for the car 1. chrome wheels 2. spoiler delete. and yes your optioned out ss's and ws6's were same price if not over the price of the cobra. so indeed yes you can beat gm's bang for the buck.
I'm brand loyal for a reason, and apparently I was giving you too much credit to begin with. Visit NewCarTestDrive.com here's the links
http://newcartestdrive.com/review-fi...&ReviewID=2646
2003 Cobra Coupe - $33,750
http://newcartestdrive.com/review-fi...&ReviewID=3729
2002 Camaro Z28 Coupe - $22,700 + SS Package $3,625 = $26,375

That means the 03' Cobra is $7,425 (nearly 30%) more expensive than an equivalent Camaro SS.

YOU FAIL. But I will not retract my statement that the 03/04 Cobra is great bang for the buck.

dude i'm talking about 03/04 cobras and they are faster. and you should race a few more mach 1's because they are just as fast.
What happened to your earlier post where you said Mach 1's are faster than base LS1's?

Last edited by AngryJ; 08-13-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2008 | 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so indeed yes you can beat gm's bang for the buck.
I found some slightly different facts:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....78&postcount=8

Bang for the buck it would obviously be the 2002 Z28 with the MSRP of $25,875.

Add $3,325 for the SS package

Add $2,500 more for the Anniversary Edition

And add $3,425 if you want a Vert

Bringing the maximum total to just over $35K if you add it all up and want a top of the line Anniversary Vert. This site claims 37K, but there have no numbers to back that.
Old 08-13-2008 | 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have proof of this? Most of the comparisons I've seen the Cobra wins by at least four tenths. Most of the time the spread is more than that.
Old 08-13-2008 | 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea turns out they didnt even have to make the cobra. gm just through the towel in.
I'm not touching that one.
Old 08-13-2008 | 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have proof of this? Most of the comparisons I've seen the Cobra wins by at least four tenths. Most of the time the spread is more than that.
He's refering to mach 1's being just as fast as LS1's. You have to read carefully to see that because he doesn't clarify well.