Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z28 Vs. Yellow SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z28 Vs. Err.. Blue Srt-4 (my bad)

This SRT-4 in my neighborhood with a young hispanic punk with braces kept driving by my house repeatedly while I was washing my car like every 20 minutes bouncing around the car to some song that was saying "yeahhhh, okayyy" repeatedly.. I decided to go ahead and jump in and go after them. I had heard here recently how they are faster than an LS1 and I thought I better not take the video camera, because I was sure to get owned. So I crunk it up and waited for it to warm up hoping he would drive by again. It wasn't 10 minutes later I saw him coming from the bottom of the street, and thats when I hopped in and revved up.. of course he revved back. It had a BOV sound after each rev. We pulled out of the neighborhood onto the main highway here, and I cruised up to about 30mph. I waited on him to come out behind me and line it up, as he did he kept on flooring it trying to do a flyby he managed to pass me a few car lengths.. I drop it from 2nd to 1st and start spinning badly but I'm still pulling. I then shifted to 2nd and the car got so sideways I thought I was going to wreck, so I had to let out real quick and get back in and I pulled all the way back to his bumper before the 6800 shiftpoint When I hit 3rd, I was walking past him so hard that I thought I'd suck his paint off. When I went ahead and kept into at 4th, I added another 4-5 cars onto the beating for a total of like 10 cars. I am assuming he thought he was going to catch up at 100mph? I can't explain it any other way other than being retarded why he decided to keep into it. I let off because 110-120 is a little dangerous, but this little guy kept on going. I saw him come back within 2 or 3 cars of me, and I stomped it again in 4th and by the time I shifted to 5th at like 120-125, I was pulling off of him extremely hard. I assume he either hit a speed limiter, or up top those cars are just really that slow.

At that point, I motioned to turn into the citgo, and he followed. He got out and said something I couldn't make out cuz he slammed his door while talking. He then continued to say something like, "I've only got 4 cylinders". I said, "true, but you also have a turbocharger.. which accounts for the lack of some displacement". He said is that thing stock? I wanted so badly to tell him it was, but what I told him next (the truth) made him just as disappointed being stock, "Cam and boltons". He was trying to tell me he heard me spray nitrous. I haven't yet installed a nitrous kit on my car.. although that is the plan in the future, but this made me really giggle. How the hell could he "hear" me spraying nitrous as I was blowing by him. In any case, I gave him a little ls1 education.. told him how I get 28mpg on the highway, and make just under 500 horses at the flywheel.. When he heard I was on stock heads, all motor, he was just in disbelief. His mods were as follows: BOV, FMIC, stage1? I don't know what that means, 3" exhaust, 3" Downpipe, K&N CAI, and some other things that I didn't really think did anything. He didn't know what it ran exactly, but I'd guess high 12's or low 13's at 10x... My new setup should run @ 118-120mph in the 1/4. Thats what I"m judging it by.

Props to the guy anyways.. for at least not being a dick.

Last edited by distortion_69; 07-07-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill and schooling.
It's funny when these kids call NAAws when they get killed.
They have no idea what "a cam and bolt ons" means either. If it's not shiny under the hood, or has no whine, it must be slow.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome, but I don't see how he could even *think* about asking whether or not your car was stock...your exhaust should have been the first clue that he was in for a long day.

Anyhoo, good kill...makes me wanna do some serious stuff to mine.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Launching!

I think he will detour around your street now when you are outside.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

They just don't understand. Most SS's are 13 second cars. then comes the shot of nitro, now 12's. No bolt-ons. Now you got bolts-ons, Dr's, free air. They have Stage 1, down pipes, bov's, and a whole list of other stuff, and only getting 12's. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But to my understanding a monkey can't beat a gorilla. I saw that when i witnessed a fullsize van beat a ricer civic, and the van had somewhere to the tune of 5 people in it...
Old 07-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
They just don't understand. Most SS's are 13 second cars. then comes the shot of nitro, now 12's. No bolt-ons. Now you got bolts-ons, Dr's, free air. They have Stage 1, down pipes, bov's, and a whole list of other stuff, and only getting 12's. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But to my understanding a monkey can't beat a gorilla. I saw that when i witnessed a fullsize van beat a ricer civic, and the van had somewhere to the tune of 5 people in it...
I understand there have been SRT's running 12's with N20 alone. The SRT is not in the same league as a stock LS1. But the SRT will take to mods just as easily as an LS1. Case in point I had a little over 300 miles on my car and threw it on the dyno one night. I installed a boost controller($60) and started turning the boost up while watching a/f of coarse. I found out that night the stock turbo sucks as boost will fall off above 5K rpm's. My car ended up making 258 WHP & 325 WTQ. I made 40 more WHP & 80 more lb ft with $60.

Making power isn't the issue with SRT's it is puting to the ground.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

Dam, that's decent. I will admit that i am utterly shocked to hear a 4 cyl go into the 13's let alone 12's. THE PROBLEM IS when you get people thinking that their car is so much faster than your because they have modded it to hell, not considering you have not touched yours. If i throw a turbo in the SS, most would not look at me from the 4 cyl world. I think it woulbe be a fair race turbo for turbo. Same result on nitrous. When a turbo'd 4 cyl beat a turbo'd 8 cyl, then that's something to talk about. Until then it's just in one ear and out of the other. I really would like a ride in your car though... never rode in a fast SRT.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

P.S. I lied I have a video.

Peace,
Josh
Old 07-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by distortion_69
P.S. I lied I have a video.

Peace,
Josh

Dammit where's the BS flag? Your guys BS flag is
Old 07-07-2004, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

BTW: I was drunk.. it was a blue neon.

DOH!

Peace,
Josh
Old 07-07-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO....
Old 07-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Dam, that's decent. I will admit that i am utterly shocked to hear a 4 cyl go into the 13's let alone 12's. THE PROBLEM IS when you get people thinking that their car is so much faster than your because they have modded it to hell, not considering you have not touched yours. If i throw a turbo in the SS, most would not look at me from the 4 cyl world. I think it woulbe be a fair race turbo for turbo. Same result on nitrous. When a turbo'd 4 cyl beat a turbo'd 8 cyl, then that's something to talk about. Until then it's just in one ear and out of the other. I really would like a ride in your car though... never rode in a fast SRT.
My car isn't fast by any means. I have driven Dave's(Dynoworks) car when it was making 400 WHP and it was simply amazing. Now I have driven 1sweet00SS's SS when it was making 520WHP and it was nothing like this was. I dont know why both cars trapped the same at those power levels. The SRT just felt disgustingly faster. Oh yeah and it wandered all over the road searching for traction.

V8's with turbos own all. Not to make a new discussion or go off topic but I cant wait to see a top fuel car with 8 T88's hanging off of it.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody message me on AIM at dist0rtion69 for a video. We went ahead and raced a few more times today and got some nice footage Gonna post that. The worst part is in half the races I wasn't even shifting at redline, and in some of them I was spinning.. its pretty entertaining.. Although pointless, because I obviously knew what was going to happen despite the sarcasm

Peace,
Josh
Old 07-07-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Nice kill and schooling.
It's funny when these kids call NAAws when they get killed.
They have no idea what "a cam and bolt ons" means either. If it's not shiny under the hood, or has no whine, it must be slow.
Hey a Viper guy did that to me when I packed it on him

Viper dude: Holy sh!+ that thing is fast, how much you spraying?
Me: No gas dude, all motor..
Viper dude:

He was cool about it though, all thumbs up
Old 07-07-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slow4dr
My car isn't fast by any means. I have driven Dave's(Dynoworks) car when it was making 400 WHP and it was simply amazing. Now I have driven 1sweet00SS's SS when it was making 520WHP and it was nothing like this was. I dont know why both cars trapped the same at those power levels. The SRT just felt disgustingly faster. Oh yeah and it wandered all over the road searching for traction.

V8's with turbos own all. Not to make a new discussion or go off topic but I cant wait to see a top fuel car with 8 T88's hanging off of it.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by distortion_69
Anybody message me on AIM at dist0rtion69 for a video. We went ahead and raced a few more times today and got some nice footage Gonna post that. The worst part is in half the races I wasn't even shifting at redline, and in some of them I was spinning.. its pretty entertaining.. Although pointless, because I obviously knew what was going to happen despite the sarcasm

Peace,
Josh
I am not on AIM but somebody get this hosted.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slow4dr
I am not on AIM but somebody get this hosted.
I have it also if Distortion69 isn't available.

Old 07-07-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

distortion_69 nice kill! And bad *** ride "shifting at 6800" and I am still at 6200.

Also a vid and link would be killer
Old 07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Launching!

...............................looks at watch..............................
Old 07-07-2004, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

I posted in multimedia section to get it hosted.. Working on it FWIW: The guy didn't wanna drive his own ride.. somebody else did who drives much better. each car had a passenger. We made about 6 or 7 runs, the video only contains like 3 or so.. my car had some traction problems from low rolls (30mph or lower)

Peace,
Josh

EDIT:
http://www.videos.v10nationals.com/d...t4vscamaro.wmv

Please Please Please right click and save as!!!!

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited by distortion_69; 07-07-2004 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Z28 Vs. Yellow SRT-4